Need some FS9 effects help (water)..

Thread: Need some FS9 effects help (water)..

Need some FS9 effects help (water)..

Hello all!

I am not sure why, but no matter what I set my graphics too, the water looks the exact same. I have tried Land + Water, Water Only, etc.. but my water still looks like this teal color. I am not using default water, but no matter what I choose, the ocean water never really changes. I just don't get the shine effects I see some people have.

If it is any help, I have UT, GE Pro, and FE Pro installed. I have tried a ton of combinations, but my ocean water still looks the same. Outside of changing water choices in the addons (FE Pro, etc..), I have done nothing to mess with the water texture.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any and all help.
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

bull494
    What kind of graphics card are you running? I had this problem for awhile and it turned out to be my graphics card. I simply had to get an update on the driver in order to get the reflective shine.

James

ah,water, a very subjective area, you'll need to enable reflections on/via your graphics card settings,as well as within fs (water effects high and transform and lighting and aircraft reflections all 'checked' in the settings section.)

Then search out as many add-on water files as you can find and just experiment,
    I'd suggest starting with Peter Wilding's or Bill Lyons'

ttfn

Pete

Hello all,

Specs in sig., Bull494.

I have all settings in FS Maxed (except for visibility distance set to 60).

Not sure what the issue is. I have tried various water files, FE Pro, etc.. and nothing give me shiney water. I have T/L enabled as well as water effects set to "High". o change. Not sure what the issue is. I have a GTX 285 so I do not have that many options for drivers since I think only the 18X series on up support my card.

I am at a loss.
    Ark
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"

Did you have reflection previously or has this always been the case? Have you recently added something that may have overwritten your water textures??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    R.O.S.

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman10 View Post
    Did you have reflection previously or has this always been the case? Have you recently added something that may have overwritten your water textures??

I have had them as far back as I can remember and I don't remember adding anything outside of FE Pro and the like with regards to the water textures (which should enhance them).

The only thing I can think is it might be a driver issue with my GTX 285, but then wouldn't reflections in general be borked? The other part of my wonders if UT or GE Pro did something wacky.

I really have no idea what to do here. Everything else looks fantastic, the water is the only thing gone wierd.
    Ark
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"

maybe it's pollution....or global warming... or el nino

Do you have Terrain Detail set to Land Only?
    Water effects to High?
    Dawn/Dusk texture blending checked?
    Extended terrain textures checked?

When exactly did you lose reflections?(i.e. Had them yesterday..then suddenly gone?)...after an install or uninstall?.....maybe a Cfg file issue?........Can you restore to default Textures...then try to load FE textures.....just trying to find a starting point here....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    R.O.S.

Do you have Terrain Detail set to Land Only?
    Water effects to High?
    Dawn/Dusk texture blending checked?
    Extended terrain textures checked?

When exactly did you lose reflections?(i.e. Had them yesterday..then suddenly gone?)...after an install or uninstall?.....maybe a Cfg file issue?........Can you restore to default Textures...then try to load FE textures.....just trying to find a starting point here....

Yes to all of the above questions.

I honestly don't know when they disappeared. I just started flying on the coast again.

I am goig to try to revert back to all the defaults like you suggested and see what happens.

Thanks for the help so far!
    Ark
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"

Ok, I went into FE Pro and ran the Restore Tool, and sure enough, the reflections came back. The water is default, which blows, but at least I know now what was causing it. I am going to try some different things and see if I can get some differet water ad maintain the reflections.
    Ark
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"

Great...you're halfway home! Sometimes there is a conflict between the water textures in the various programs. You might try posting at the FE forum to see if anyone has had this same issue. Sometimes a deletion of a certain texture solves the issue. Good luck,Sir!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    R.O.S.

Great...you're halfway home! Sometimes there is a conflict between the water textures in the various programs. You might try posting at the FE forum to see if anyone has had this same issue. Sometimes a deletion of a certain texture solves the issue. Good luck,Sir!

Thanks!
    Ark
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"

Members who have read this thread: 1