Low Poly Aircraft Modelling Tutorial - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low Poly Aircraft Modelling Tutorial

Jo, great news!
    Guess it's time to update that 3d gauge tutorial then.
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Guess it's time to update that 3d gauge tutorial then.
    Yes please!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Don't forget about this one. The loft technique is cool if you can get it working properly.

I'm going to bump this one again. There are more clever things squirrelled away here than in a shelf of Dummies books. Snapping for one - I've just tumbled to it.

Thanks again, Mathias!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Is there any news about a possible version of the subject "how to create and animate the 3D gauges" ?

This would allow me to integrate in the development of my Jodel DR-1050.

Excuse me about my clumsiness as the date of 2009. :redf:

And again a big thank you for this tutorial on modeling.

Thank you, Mathias.

The tutorial is excellent.
    Gerard was very kind to pass on this information to everyone.

I will tuck it away for reference. I know it will be very beneficial for me.
    I'm just beginning the modeling journey.

Images have gone west again

Mathias hasn't been around a while and the images have been lost again, so I've uploaded an old PDF of this tutorial to the Library.
    Tom

Icon17

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Mathias hasn't been around a while and the images have been lost again, so I've uploaded an old PDF of this tutorial to the Library.
    Best idea ever! Can you hint on the 3d-gauge tutorial?

'Fraid not – Mathias never did post the 3D gauge tut. If you have questions on that, a new thread on 3D gauges would be an interesting idea.
    Tom

3D gauges are not difficult to build (and I've made a few now after two aircraft releases and three currently in development) but like all animated objects it's the coding that bites you in the rear end. Coding on some gauges can get very complex indeed, like the radio altimeter we made for the Mallard that also included a fully accurate test sequence!
    Larry

Well, at least there are a lot of gauge xml coding in the FSX modeldef.xml to give you a head start.
    And I think you can find some over at FSDeveloper.

It would be nice if there was a common library of 3D gauges and supporting xml to draw from. It is silly that everyone has to start from scratch with every single altimeter, VSI, RPM or MAP gauge, etc.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Another source of code for 3D gauges is the old FFDS forum. You can't register with it any more and it is appallingly slow tonight, but there are a lot of examples in the Panel/Gauges Design Questions section. For example, 3D needle CDI as explained by Bill Leaming.
    Tom

Sorry guys, havn't been here in ages.
    The images are now back online. I must have deleted them by accident.
    Mathias