Sometimes FS makes you go wow.... - Page 24
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 141617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes FS makes you go wow....

"Broadsword calling Danny Boy"

Found this paint for O Fischer's Ju52 in FSX section at flightsim.com...

ttfn

Pete

Attachment 52835

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thats a nice one MM.

Love the ole Tante-Yews...
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Has anybody else ever wondered why this thread has never been made a 'Sticky'?
    On it's way to breaking all records, it's always up there in the top 10, but is anything other than 'normal'! It's amazing!

Stuart

The WOW thread was stickied for a while...then got dropped from the stickie section when it got kind of slow. I think being permanently stickied or moved into the FS Tweaks and Tips sub-forum would be a good idea....maybe moving it into the subforum along with the Freeware Gems and Making FS9 Look Great for Free threads since this thread really give a visual look at a lot of enhancements for FS9...both free and payware.

Will mention this down in the staff forum.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    Will mention this down in the staff forum.
    OBIO
    Maybe the SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer thread as well...?

Just my own opinion here, but I think that the Tips and Tricks section should be for just that - threads that help improve the "experience." Veterans know how to find it, and if it happens to slip, newcomers will see it when a veteran bumps it back up with a new entry.

As for Milton's Tracker, it has enough activity to perpetually keep it on the front page. When the package is released, Milton will likely post a new thread which will then get stickied. I generally try to keep stickies "stuck" for one week past the last activity for freeware, and one week period for payware. It would be nice to make all "popular" threads into stickies, but then the entire front page would be nothing but stickies.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Thats a nice one MM.

Love the ole Tante-Yews...
    Thanks Bill;

Really we need a Rangsdorf (Berlin) or Rastenburg (now Ketrzyn/Williamo) scenery to really play with
    her from!

ttfn

Pete

Arctic Defender

Alphasim Mig-25 sporting a new fictional winter paint job I did for it. High angle take off with after burner kicked in....going after Santa Claus making his practice runs over the Arctic Circle.

OBIO

PS: I grew tired of trying to decide which gray Mig-25 to fly....all of the add on paints for the Mig-25 I have found have been gray. The only non-gray scheme is the camo pattern that comes in the stock pack...and the panel lines on that plane really messed it up. So I created a new, multi-layered paint kit at 2048 by 2048 to have nice crisp lines, and will do some new Non-Gray paints. They will all be fictional...but they won't be gray...and that is the goal....to fly the Mig-25 in something other than gray. I have also redone the stock camo paint with the improved panel lines and dirt and grime and such. Will upload the new skins when I get a nice collection of them done. Also have tweaked the lights and effects and panel to make them nicer. Will upload those tweaks along with the paints.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great skin for Mig-25, OBIO...

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Found this paint for O Fischer's Ju52 in FSX section at flightsim.com...

ttfn

Pete

Attachment 52835
    Is there a file name for that Ju-52 scheme? I have scoured FS.com and haven`t been able to find it. TIA :isadizzy:
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Is there a file name for that Ju-52 scheme? I have scoured FS.com and haven`t been able to find it. TIA :isadizzy:

Funny, me neither...

did also find at Simviation here, paints are by Hanaw Hax --> http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...rds=junkers+52

ttfn

Pete

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar

GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

Just to keep the Japanese theme going.... over Tsuiki

Attachment 53568

ttfn

Pete

Charter Member 2011

Feel the Air under the Wings

All these excellent Japanese shots got me going there, too!

[YOUTUBE]jyLCqzqpcjE[/YOUTUBE]

nice

FS9 goes Navy !

As a few of you know ... I LOVE SHIPS !!!

Attachment 53918

The "C-class destroyer" from

http://www.simviation.com/lair/cfs2shipyard.htm

Take also a look at "Simviation" and search for "Erwin Welker"... Try his S-100 and the german AC "Graf Zeppelin"... Great Stuff !!! Also his HMS Belfast with pr textures ....

いや~まいった!
    All these screenshots of Japanese planes makes me feel happy.

That F-4, it's the Cloud9 model?
    日本頑張って!
    この飛行機野郎からで~す
    春日部市、埼玉県、日本

The RF-4 is from AlphaSim/Virtavia.

Just completed a nice mountain flight from one Idaho Forestry Service strip to another. 45 minutes in the air, over mountains and valleys and rivers and snow and ice and a couple herds of Elk, a few Badgers, and scores of Mule Deer. Used the Maule 760 with tundra tires by Mikko Maliniemi...wonderful plane. The first 10 minutes of the flight was a real hair raiser as my take off strip was deep in the mountains...the really tall ones! I had to climb up and over them, but the Maule simply did not have the power to do a straight climb out...I had to cut back and forth through some of the side valleys, climbing and climbing, until I got up to 9,500 feet to clear the highest peaks. I thought for sure that I was going to biff the flight a number of times....like the time my airspeed dropped to around 35 knots....I popped full flaps and did a sharp bank to the left, went into a dive down into the valley below to get my airspeed up and took a different route to gain more altitude.

Here are a couple screen shots showing the wonderful Idaho mountains as depicted by the freeware FS Genisis mesh (available on FLightsim.com, by Justin Thyme) and Mikko's superbly modeled Maule.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concorde Over The Alps

Staying with the mountainous theme, I took the 'new' FSFT Concorde for a spin....

Attachment 54540

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    Just completed a nice mountain flight from one Idaho Forestry Service strip to another. 45 minutes in the air, over mountains and valleys and rivers and snow and ice and a couple herds of Elk, a few Badgers, and scores of Mule Deer. Used the Maule 760 with tundra tires by Mikko Maliniemi...wonderful plane. The first 10 minutes of the flight was a real hair raiser as my take off strip was deep in the mountains...the really tall ones! I had to climb up and over them, but the Maule simply did not have the power to do a straight climb out...I had to cut back and forth through some of the side valleys, climbing and climbing, until I got up to 9,500 feet to clear the highest peaks. I thought for sure that I was going to biff the flight a number of times....like the time my airspeed dropped to around 35 knots....I popped full flaps and did a sharp bank to the left, went into a dive down into the valley below to get my airspeed up and took a different route to gain more altitude.

Here are a couple screen shots showing the wonderful Idaho mountains as depicted by the freeware FS Genisis mesh (available on FLightsim.com, by Justin Thyme) and Mikko's superbly modeled Maule.

OBIO
    The Maule should be relatively easily capable to deal with the 8000-11000 altitudes. You do need to lean the mixture correctly of course. Especially if it is cool as it should be in the mountains of Idaho these days the engine should have plenty of power available.
    Once you get well above 15000 FS does get a bit iffy on some airplanes if you manually control the mixture. The same airplane will climb happily at the exact auto mixture setting. I have used an external program to monitor the Fuel/Air mixture rates and have noted the differences.

Full flaps are generally a bad idea in this situation. They are designed to increase lift, yes, but the larger deflection angles are designed to add drag more than lift. The idea being that you can steepen an approach without increasing the aircraft's speed as it runs down hill.

Cheers
    Stefan

Charter Member 2011

WOW: ICARO's monumental EC135 Project

[YOUTUBE]6Nlch4Xymt8&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Since we are posting some favorite shots, here are mine.
    They are of Mesa Verde National Park area south of Cortez, Colorado.
    I don't know how many of you all have been there, but this is fairly accurate. Though, I doubt that Gottfried Razek at Bluesky went to the detail of drawing in the ruins.

I tried flying the canyons to see the ruins, which is a real life no-no, but the ones in which the best ruins are in are much too narrow for a Cessna.

Since I am not very good at helicopter flight yet, I had to rely on the C-182.
    Attachment 55147Attachment 55146Attachment 55145Attachment 55144Attachment 55143
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Devildog

For flying those small canyons, head over to flightsim.com and grab the Quad City Challenger package by Bill Lyons. Small, easy to fly ultralight that gives the pilot great visibility (works great with TrackIR system to give unparalleled scenery gazing ability).

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]