Sometimes FS makes you go wow.... - Page 21
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes FS makes you go wow....

Hi Stuart. That was taken flying over France VFR's Reunion scenery, and it really is quite a stunning and immersive photoscenery that includes a high res mesh, autogen and an active volcano.

A

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    That was taken flying over France VFR's Reunion scenery, and it really is quite a stunning and immersive photoscenery that includes a high res mesh, autogen and an active volcano.

A
    Very tempting indeed!
    A Volcano in the Alps? Well...
    Should I be 'wasting' any money on my 'ludicrous phantasies', then somebody else will blow her top much closer to home! (Not my words!)...

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    Very tempting indeed!
    A Volcano in the Alps? Well...
    Should I be 'wasting' any money on my 'ludicrous phantasies', then somebody else will blow her top much closer to home! (Not my words!)...
    Stuart - it's Reunion Island, east of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean !! - which indeed does have an active volcano...

A.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    Stuart - it's Reunion Island, east of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean !! - which indeed does have an active volcano...

A.
    Silly me...! :redf:
    Only read VFR France...

There are volcanoes in France, in the West part of "Massif Central" , which is on West of French Alps. They are inactive. " La chaine des puys "
    http://www.photo-paramoteur.com/phot..._36_large.html ( diaporama with mouse )

March 19, 2011. At approximately 12:15 PM, the USAF was contacted by the Department of Interior on behalf of Ranger Jones. That darn Yogi Bear had stolen another Picnic Basket and was last seen heading for this mountains of Jellystone National Park. The USAF scambled the only plane they had available....a Lockheed P-80 that is normally on display as a museum piece. There was no sighting of Yogi, Boo Boo or the picnic basket.

Attachment 33505Attachment 33506Attachment 33507Attachment 33508

These are my first screen shots on my new system. I still need to tweak my config files for max performance and visuals. I had changed my settings, but for some reason I was having very slow mesh draws so I reverted back to what I was using on my old system.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obio, you got me curious....not part of the world I've seen before....

Attachment 33521

A

aardvark

What mesh are you using...that looks incredible!

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Obio - the mesh in my screen is the 38m US mesh by FSGenesis/Justim Tyme that was released as freeware some time ago, and is still available on Flightsim - I highly recommend downloading the whole lot. The screenshot was taken in early morning light which helps to emphasise the terrain shadow.
    The scenery also uses Ultimate Terrain (if you ever treat yourself to a payware addon, that's the one I suggest) for accurate coast/shorelines and rivers/streams, and is topped off with GEPro.

Regards, A.

Aardvark

I have the FS Genesis freeware US mesh downloaded and installed....though I obviously don't have it activated for some reason. Will have to reactivate it and check the area out again.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A very cool [place to explore is Yosemite Nat Parkwith the 38m mesh and the 19 m mesh from FS Genesis...all freeware.......
    There are 2 constants in the universe:
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by middle View Post
    A very cool [place to explore is Yosemite Nat Parkwith the 38m mesh and the 19 m mesh from FS Genesis...all freeware.......
    ....and then overlaying it with the freeware BlueSky photoscenery of the area...

Attachment 33592

A .

Here's one I took while confirming that a scenery had been properly installed...what having an issue, but Crusader got me on the right path. In this instance, the scenery was the Alphasim Ice Stations pack and the plane is the freeware CORAL F-15 in the two tone blue on blue scheme. Nothing really too see...but those clouds sure do look incredible....thanks to the HDEv2 package. And the HDE Sun package as well.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Somewhere over British Columbia as an evening mist sets in...

Attachment 33624

A.

Four more from my freeware based Modern Military install. IRIS freeware F-14, IRIS freeware T-45 Goshawk, Alphasim freeware F-105. Freeware FSGensis mesh, freeware sun, sky and clouds by Pablo Diaz (I think that's right...the HDE clouds guy), ground terrain is the Photoreal Vegetation by Gyula Kalcsó...available over on Simviation.com. Not too bad for freeware stuff! THe Hawaii mesh is by a member here on SOH...Meshman or something like that...it's in our library....look in the Making FS9 Look Great For Free thread up in the subforum....it's discussed in there by the author.

Attachment 33631Attachment 33634Attachment 33632Attachment 33633

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    Wow nice Screenshots here :ernae:

GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

Imagining an end to a perfect late-summer day

Attachment 34681

Inspired by an illustration in Richard Bach's "A Gift of Wings"

N.

Charter Member 2011

Toast a Marshmallow

Finally got round to parking Pablo Diaz' photoreal paint onto the Iris F-14A

I have tried a few of the photo real skins...and didn't like them...but I HAVE to try Pablo's on the F-14. That thing long amazing!

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    Hey nice Tomcat shot
    GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

Over Paris in the good old days

DC2 over "foggy" Paris in the 30th

Attachment 35069

Had to throw the current hot topic up

Attachment 35137Attachment 35138

Quote Originally Posted by Quax d. Bruchpilot View Post

Attachment 35069
    Now that is atmospheric.......very nice.

A.

Quote Originally Posted by Quax d. Bruchpilot View Post

Attachment 35069
    Now that did make me 'WOW'!
    Especially greyscaled like that, you should have won the screenshot competition!
    Talking of that-unless I missed something-has there been a winner?

ave Cesar ;-)

LAGO "G-91 Gina" flies over LAGO Rome
    Attachment 35208