Grizzly V.2 Adds Model Variants and Schemes - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly V.2 Adds Model Variants and Schemes

Thanks t.creed.

Yes, the Grizzly V2 has been posted.

V2 offers more model variants and 3 new paint schemes.
    Corrects most V1 issues.
    Adds gauge backlighting for night time flying, and a daytime cockpit/cabin light to help with the VC shadows. (Find it on the center panel)

Also, just discovered that the model.aafx (shark tooth texture) is missing ordinance. If you want an updated model with ordinance, it will be posted soon.

As V2 corrects some V1 issues, but had so many improvements in all areas, we decided to just put out a new version rather than a maintenance release. My apologies to those who have done their own upgrades with lights, etc. I would recommend implementing V.2 then applying your updates.

Lastly, please remove version 1 before installing version 2.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Any chance for a checklist for this monster? I'm just flying 'er by the seat of my pants, and I hate doing that!

But man I love this tank!
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf190 View Post
    Any chance for a checklist for this monster? I'm just flying 'er by the seat of my pants, and I hate doing that!

But man I love this tank!
    Checklist is on the left lower console along with DNE and max flap speeds. That's all we have for this aircraft ... not a lot of info available in this regard.

I did provide a "quik flight notes" guide in the installation package:

Quick Notes to Fly the Grizzly

1. Start engines
    2. Set flaps 15 if on short runway, otherwise optional
    3. Trim elevator to +1.0 and begin rollout
    4. Rotate at 80-90 KIAS depending on weight and flaps
    5. At 400 feet AGL and above 115+ knots IAS, retract gear, accelerate toward 155
    6. Retract flaps
    7. Trim for 2150 fpm climb adjusting your trim as necessary
    8. The Sperry AutoPilot is a "Capture and Hold" device. It will maintain the pitch and heading (not Altitude).
    9. Reduce MP to 32" and RPM's to 2200 for cruise

The pilot's hatch, gunner's entry hatch, and ladder can be opened by pressing Shift+E.

There are Vspeeds, DNE Speeds, Checklists, and Power settings posted in the VC on the lower left side.

If the elevator trim is too coarse for you, change the following statement in the aircraft.cfg:
    elevator_trim_effectiveness=1.00000
    A change to 0.90 reduces trim effectiveness by 10%; 0.80 reduces by 20%. This allows finer adjustments.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Please, please, please offer some 32 bit textures for the repaints/skins! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    Please, please, please offer some 32 bit textures for the repaints/skins! Mike
    Did you check out the Paint Kit?
    http://www.flightsimonline.com/xa38/
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, another masterpiece to be sure. I have installed the latest update but won't get a chance to fly it til this evening. . .no matter, it'll be a hoot to fly just like the base package I'm sure. Thanks for all the hard work by yourself and the Team you have assembled, it's very much appreciated.:ernae:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Extremely nice plane , been waiting for this one for a while

bull494
    Thanks to the entire development team for this very well done aircraft! Milton, I am interested in the documentation that you have on the Grizzly. Any chance in pointing me to where that might be? Thanks in advance.

James

Hello,

Thank you,Milton!

Alain

-

Quote Originally Posted by bull494 View Post
    Thanks to the entire development team for this very well done aircraft! Milton, I am interested in the documentation that you have on the Grizzly. Any chance in pointing me to where that might be? Thanks in advance.

James
    Thanks everyone ... our pleasure to bring it to you.

@ James and anyone interested:
    http://www.flightsimonline.com/xa38/Airpower_XA-38.zip
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton and Team,

Thank you for your continued hard and support of Quality Freeware

Thanks, Milton and team. Got at least a test hop in, and loved it. :ernae:
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

bull494
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks everyone ... our pleasure to bring it to you.

@ James and anyone interested:
    http://www.flightsimonline.com/xa38/Airpower_XA-38.zip

Thanks Milton!

James

Milton and Team...the Grizzly is a superb work of art from every angle! If I could attach images, I would show off some shots taken while I was crash testing Version 1. She passed all crash test requirements fully.

OBIO

Absolutely fantastic, can't find the words.

Congratulations and Thanks to the team

Thanks everyone. It is nice however to have all the Grizzly project stuff off my Desktop; it's been there since early December. Meanwhile, we are fortunate to have someone working on versions for CFS2, CFS3, and FSX native to compliment our FS2002 and FS2004 releases. We really appreciate thier interest and support to bring the Grizzly to a wide array of sims.

We hope you a lot of pleasure from this product.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milton and everyone. Most enjoyable plane.

I've been so dang busy I haven't got version one out of the hanger yet. Should I? Or should I load out v2 and try to fold up the tarmac..

It looks great Milton & Team. Just to see the new skins and the back lit panel shows so many realistics ( Is that a word?....ah heck, it is for me!!)

Great looking stuff

Yes, OleBoy, scrap the original version and go for version 2. Corrects some issues and offers 3 more models and textures plus the gauge backlighting.

And everyone, be sure to find that daytime VC light switch to brighten up the cockpit shadows. (Hint: on the center panel, lower rightside.)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

EditVoicepack_add on

This add-on will give EditVoicepack users a choice of aircraft models.

The original XA-38 package includes the EVP files for "Beechcraft Grizzly". This addition will allow users to choose "Beechcraft Destroyer", which the aircraft was also known as.

I am using both... "Grizzly" for the civilian-type models and "Destroyer" for the armed models. Just a little change-up for fun.

You can download the the "Destroyer" version here:

Destroyer_EVP.zip
    Brent aka "dogknot"

Hey Brent, thank you for that ... you are always right there with these updates. Greatly appreciated. :ernae:
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

My pleasure.......hopefully adds a bit of fun variety to this awesome aircraft.
    Brent aka "dogknot"

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Would somebody please post a pic of the 2d pit please. I need a visual ref to compare to what im seeing in Windows 7 ultimate 64. Excellent job Milton and team.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Trans_1007 View Post
    Would somebody please post a pic of the 2d pit please. I need a visual ref to compare to what im seeing in Windows 7 ultimate 64. Excellent job Milton and team.
    Here you go...
    Brent aka "dogknot"

Actually it appears that Brent has changed the side panel gauges dimensions to make them round. Scott made them a bit oblong to give the illusion that the are turned away from you a bit. That works for some people, not others.

Here is what I see in the 2D cockpit. (BTW Brent, they look just as nice if not better your way.

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 1