Ito's New De Havilland DH.108 Swallow

Thread: Ito's New De Havilland DH.108 Swallow

Ito's New De Havilland DH.108 Swallow

Get it at www.flightsim.com

Name: dh108swl.zip Size: 2,509,014 Date: 10-15-2008
    FS2002/FS2004 DeHavilland DH.108 Swallow. This was a British experimental aircraft designed by John Carver Meadows Frost in October 1945. The DH 108 featured a tailless, swept wing with a single vertical stabilizer, closely resembling the layout of the wartime German Messerschmitt Me 163 Komet rocket-powered point-defense interceptor. Initially designed to evaluate swept wing handling characteristics at low and high subsonic speeds for the proposed early tailless design of the Comet airliner, three examples of the DH108 were built to the Air Ministry specifications E.1/45 and E.11/45. With the adoption of a conventional tail for the Comet, the aircraft were used instead to investigate swept wing handling up to supersonic speeds. All three prototypes were lost in fatal crashes. Two kinds of models (clean / with virtual weapon set) are included. By Kazunori Ito.

Cheers! Mike :ernae:

Pre-empting the requests for a new FDE, you might want to try the one from the Swallow here http://www.bluesteelfs.com/planes1.html

I have no idea whether it is any good. I just remember seeing the model previously.

Charter Member 2016
    from the readme:
    "ASS Hole. stupid, Jap !"
    "Are you Insane?"

For sentences in the upper row is,
    It's an answer when I cut it off to the demand of person who doesn't like my VC.
    He wrote "I wants source file of your MDL file, send me it"
    And, I wrote "I want to you....please make your model by yourself"

And for sentences in the the lower is,
    It's a reaction when I don't bundle flight dynamic etc. to my work.

It was the first experience in my life.
    I actually felt that the racial discrimination, the prejudice, and others still existed at this time.
    I think.........One of the reasons why the war doesn't discontinue in the international society is here.
    There are neither endurance nor a mind of the generosity.
    Abuse and violence.......

I was making the models for me by myself as my hobby.
    How should I respond with this?
    Should I keep uploading it with the mind of the generosity?
    I'm sorry for asking a trivial thing.
    But, Though worlds of hobbies must be happy.................
    I'm sad and frightened.
    Who's up for a lynching? I vote we track the jerk down... Ito has been FAR too nice to us for that!

I am definitely looking forward to flying the Swallow! I have been wanting one for AGES!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Mr. Ito deserves a lot of thanks and praise for his gifts to the community and our continued good wishes for his health and enthusiasm in a frustrating world.

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    from the readme:
    Who's up for a lynching? I vote we track the jerk down... Ito has been FAR too nice to us for that!
    Too right... but lynching is far too nice... track the cretin down and simply pass it to the FBI & Interpol for investigation as an online hate crime. With any luck he could serve a couple of years in the Butthole Bin moaning for Bubba.

The way I fly, ALL my aircraft could be deemed experimental and life-threatening so I may have to add the Swallow just to make it legit. :d

Rob

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Mr Ito please don't judge us because of the ignorance of a few.Most of us here respect your modeling and look forward to the new planes you make. If everyone in the world would stop thinking about race and color and start looking at everyone as human beings,what a better place this world would be.

Mr. Ito

The next time someone demands your source code for something send them this.

01011100110101010101010101010101010111111010101010 10001000000101010101010101000010101010101010101010 101010100110

Some assembly required
    Other than that

Thank you Sir for your hard work

Dave
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

This machine is a blast! Mike

I'm not going to say much here other than I have an extremely low tolerance for such abuse, especially concerning a fine gentleman like Ito-san.

Looks like I might have to go try out that DH Swallow.

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    well i may be one of the first to say
    his flight dynamics are not the best
    but without his creations
    flight dynamics are mute
    we dont fly air files we fly models
    and he makes some great ones :ernae:
    H

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    well i may be one of the first to say his flight dynamics are not the best but without his creations flight dynamics are mute we dont fly air files we fly models and he makes some great ones
    H
    Well said Henry!!:ernae:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I cant believe some idiot would write that. Goes to show you how low some people can become.

I say lets find em.

Well put Henry.

On a brighter note, awesome plane once again from Ito-sahn!

:ernae: :ernae:

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I cant believe some idiot would write that. Goes to show you how low some people can become.
    Bill
    We can't legislate against stupidity .........
    However, I'd sure like 10 minutes with this putz and a couple of my 1994 squad!!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I can't believe the nastiness of this ... it has grieved me to see Mr Ito being abused like that.
    I am on Mr Ito's side, the flight dynamics not great BUT his models are top rate for freeware!
    Mark

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Ito,

If this message gets to you, just remember, there is always someone out there that tries to make you look bad. Ignore them. They are brought by the dark side to knock you down. If you ignore them, they will eventually go away and the mean-ness that they sent out will return back onto them many fold.

Dont be hurt or angry about it, but ignore it. Dont think about it at all. Thats what he would want you to do. Dont...

Just smile and be greatful for the good things in life and keep on doing what you like to do.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

This saddens me greatly. I just dont know how people can act like this. Here, is someone that has (over the years) given up a lot of his time and patience to build these aeroplanes for us. For which we must all be truly grateful.

I dont know anything about building or repainting flight sim models, but I do have the manners to know that work such as his and everyone else out there is so appreciated.

Thats all I have to say,

Martin

Lionheart has spoken form me!

Cheers

Casey

Great job Kaz...and dont even sweat that idiot m8. If he doesnt like your work, he can learn to model them himself..hope he has a solid year to learn it.

Keep building what you like and how you like it.:ernae:

Cheers
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Blutwurst View Post
    Great job Kaz...and dont even sweat that idiot m8. If he doesnt like your work, he can learn to model them himself..hope he has a solid year to learn it.

Keep building what you like and how you like it.:ernae:

Cheers
    Randy

Well spoken Randy! Ito-san, we all here at the SOH appreciate your work very much!

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    However, I'd sure like 10 minutes with this putz and a couple of my 1994 squad!!
    Can I bring my baseball bat along?
    Matt

This both saddens and angers me greatly. Simply put, this type of peanut-headed behavior is despicable.

Mr. Ito is one of the nicest people that I've exchanged emails with and the Ito wing of my FS hangar is full of nice-looking a/c that might have been a long wait in coming had it not been for him. Several of them were personal requests for "odd" a/c such as the XF-85 Goblin that I still treat as my "sports-car" and have a blast flying !

A gentleman and a true FS artist !

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

... and all I wanted to do here was to provide a new aircraft link - it's unfortunate there are so many "bad eggs" out there. Appreciate the classy candor and fine attitudes here. That's what makes this community at SOH shine above the rest.

Mike :ernae:

RLPENDER
    It is sad that there are people like that in all walks of life!Your work is EXCELLENT Mr.Ito!!:ernae:Please ignore the IDIOT section of life!
    Ronnie

I fully support Mr. Ito!!!!

I enjoy all your models Mr. Ito. Please do not let such ignorance affect your modeling and the pleasure you give to so many Flight Simmers. Keep on modeling.

I received this morning, a lovely email from Kazunori, telling me that he is very glad for everyone's support over this unfortunate matter. He is just pleased that the majority of us are pleased with what he is doing.

Martin