FSX/Acceleration Catapult issue in AICarriers

Thread: FSX/Acceleration Catapult issue in AICarriers

FSX/Acceleration Catapult issue in AICarriers

Okay, things were working fine a few days ago but now my catapult holdback stopped working. Once I engage the jet using shift U and the shift I, it sets as normal but then after a few seconds or if I push the throttle up the plane releases from holdback/deactivates. Not sure what to make of the issue, does anyone have a clue what may be wrong and how to fix it?

(PS, sorry, this is a double post in hopes it gets more exposure)
    "Soon to be Expat"

I've had the catapult disconnect if the ship manoeuvres but not from just increasing the throttle. Is it with all aircraft or just a specific one?

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    I've had the catapult disconnect if the ship manoeuvres but not from just increasing the throttle. Is it with all aircraft or just a specific one?

The issue is happening with all Carrier compatible aircraft.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Update.

Problem seems to be clear now. I thought about your mention of the ship maneuvering disengaging the holdback/takeoff assist. Well, I had a good wind going down the deck and it was slightly offset to the angle deck about 4 1/2 degrees port of centerline. I took the T-45C out to the Ark Royal on the moving track pattern and landed and immediately centered up on the Cat for a launch with no wind. Everything worked as normal. I went immediately to a regular carrier using AICarrier. All worked fine with the Cat launches and I tried all the aircraft I had trouble with before. So, my guess is the holdback/takeoff assist is sensitive to lateral movement even if it is user defined wind conditions as well as ship maneuvers. Something to remember for those of us who like me were unaware. I am breathing a sigh of relief!
    "Soon to be Expat"

Members who have read this thread: 0