What should I get for CFS2?

Thread: What should I get for CFS2?

What should I get for CFS2?

I now have CFS2 again,after not having it for ages,and not being able to find it at all in the shops(picked it up 2nd hand for 99p!)
    So what add ons should I get for it? What are the "must haves"?I would like some European campaign stuff,perhaps something a bit out of the ordinary,and some nice ground to fly over & then crash into!
    Any suggestions/links?

hewman100
    At the moment I'm afraid you may be kinda stuck as a lot of what would normally be recommended is unobtainable due to the SOH server meltdown.

First up I would go for Rhumbaflappy's LOD and DEM mesh packages as these vastly improve the CFS2 world. They are to be found here at SOH.

HI: glad you are back in the air!

I would suggest:
    first make a new folder (call it, say CFS2active) and copy the entire contents of your CFS2 install into the folder. Keep the original altered and use the copy for any additions or alterations.
    add Opareas (this allows you to easily move around the world in Mission Builder)
    add cfs2noCD: this allows you to play without using the CD.
    add AcMan: to manage airplane add-ons
    there is also ShipMan if you plan on having a lot of new ships
    There is a file (can't remember the name) that fixes the steering of non-combat ships.

You might be interested in trying the "CF_Unofficial_Patch" which combines a large number of updates in one.

I highly recommend Rhumbaflappy's new scenery
    also Stiz textures and Simonu's seasons if you want a good looking europe.
    also

also: assign in controller assignments Yaw right = "Enter"

I recommend for Europe Euro_Water texture by egypt.

I highly recommend that you install the Swordfish campaign and play it straight through. It is very nicely done.

Other than that, it really depends on what you want to do! There is so much great stuff out there.

have fun

merlin2

I recommend for you to read this post from its first page to it last page. It has a list of Websites dedicated to this Sim and it also has many tips on how to expand your enjoyment through this Sim.

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/ya...1117604819/all

If you have any questions please come back here to this forum and we as a community will help you along!

Watch you six and enjoy to its maximum.

P.S. One word of advice. Go slow with the addons since if you add to many addons at the same time. It may corrupt the program. Another advice IS to make a copy of your CFS2 on a external Hardrive just in case your CFS2 ever stop working or gets corrupted. This way you can fix it much easier than having to starting all over again!

Good luck and Enjoy!

Members who have read this thread: 0