fW-200c-4 flight characteristics

Thread: fW-200c-4 flight characteristics

Home for tea and tiffin! BeauBrummie's Avatar

Thumbs up fW-200c-4 flight characteristics

Basically it wallows like a pig! If I try to do any resonalbe turn as I have in other 4 engine aircraft it pitches over into the sea. So taking evasive action is more dangerous than flying straight. i flew the ol' GC_Condor a fair bit and liked it, but this is the first time I've flow the Avhistory v.4 beast in anger. I have read up a fair bit on the Condor attacks. In all crew accounts the negative comments are not its flying characteristics, but it's lack of armour and vulnerability to flak.

Any thoughts guys.

Beau

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAUBRUMMIE'S CFS3 WEBSITE
    The Mosquito DBKF DH98 PROJECT
    Check out my YouTube video's
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

hey..i thinks its a fair ride....it aint that agile fighter youknow.......

R
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]MEIN ERLA...ist beim mutti!!!

SOH-CM-2014
    Blog Entries

if i have a few , then fly it perfect . if im sober its hard - as far as flak agree done like dinner

I'd better get a few in tonight then as I'm ironing a few wrinkles out of a Condor mission:ernae:. More specifically, do you have any problems banking and turning.

Beau

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

not that i can recall.....i ll check....

R
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]MEIN ERLA...ist beim mutti!!!

beau both are under powered flying bricks the gc unit flys a little more forgiveing. it started as a gas sipping airliner so manuvers are newtonian.small adjustments at a time backing off the throttle,turn, then powering once your pointed in the chosen direction.i have overspead it and it becomes uncontrolable.the damagebox has a low hit count so its pretty much flak fodder.

As they say here it isn't a Beaufighter. You have to fly it like you drive a Rolls Royce. Smooth and with respect. You have to do long attack runs lining up from way out. These Condor missions are not quick dash in and back home in 5 minutes. They are more 1 hour of relaxation and 30 seconds of Hell. :mixedsmi:

Yeah, I'm getting that. This is what happens when you put a Mossie jockey in the pilots seat. Despite all this I love the bird. It looks great, packs a wallop and has excellent 1/KG 40 camo.

Beau

BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

SOH-CM-2014
    Blog Entries
    on a goood note ..

bombing in them is really accurate and lining up is same ......for dropping your ;load ....but yes is like a tank in heat , like a truck with no wheels at times in turn ing ...b ut but but

*****lining up for bomb runs is super imho******************

loverboy1

so if and once you strike there toast ...best to have ....swiming trunks on in case flak is killer as one stated /

Quote Originally Posted by BeauBrummie View Post
    Basically it wallows like a pig! If I try to do any resonalbe turn as I have in other 4 engine aircraft it pitches over into the sea. So taking evasive action is more dangerous than flying straight. i flew the ol' GC_Condor a fair bit and liked it, but this is the first time I've flow the Avhistory v.4 beast in anger. I have read up a fair bit on the Condor attacks. In all crew accounts the negative comments are not its flying characteristics, but it's lack of armour and vulnerability to flak.

Any thoughts guys.

Beau

I don't know who this uncooth chap is, but he didn't take the time to get used to this beautiful aircraft. She is wonderfully steady weapons platform. I've about wrapped up the main bits of the mission and will be doing a bit of editing soon. Before the missions, I'll try and sort some screenies out tomorrow.

Beau

BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

Members who have read this thread: 1