Kodiak Released - Page 15
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415

Thread: Kodiak Released

BananaBob

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Amazing paints you guys. Stunning!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_Horton View Post
    I would like to know how your painters managed to Mask every single Rivet and not paint them.. Nice work BTW, might wanna Multiply or overlay the rivets though.
    Tim,

I did a paint kit which has floating layers in it. You paint the bottom layer paint level and the rivets hover over it. You can change the color of the rivet layer, make it more darker, lighter, adjust its opacity to invisible if needed, etc. There are also mud layers, scratches and dings layer, exhaust streak layer, etc.

Makes it easier to paint and quicker as well.

If you have never worked in layers, you always keep your master PSD file in layers, and burn BMP's or DDS files from that, maintaining your layers on the master sheet while the BMP's and DDS's are the 'flattened' versions that come from it/them. This way you can continuously adjust and tweak the paint until its just right, and later, copy/paste to another folder and do another one from that, switching out the N-number layer for a new one, etc.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Amazing paints you guys. Stunning!!!

Tim,

I did a paint kit which has floating layers in it. You paint the bottom layer paint level and the rivets hover over it. You can change the color of the rivet layer, make it more darker, lighter, adjust its opacity to invisible if needed, etc. There are also mud layers, scratches and dings layer, exhaust streak layer, etc.

Makes it easier to paint and quicker as well.

If you have never worked in layers, you always keep your master PSD file in layers, and burn BMP's or DDS files from that, maintaining your layers on the master sheet while the BMP's and DDS's are the 'flattened' versions that come from it/them. This way you can continuously adjust and tweak the paint until its just right, and later, copy/paste to another folder and do another one from that, switching out the N-number layer for a new one, etc.

Bill
    No worries Bill, I was being facetious, I know how to work Photoshop been doing it for 8 years now, and made a few of my own paint kits. it was more of a nudge to say..... rivets need paint too. well not all of them, I usually incorporate a large ammount of Scratches, dirt, blood, sweat and tears into my paints.

-- 3000 hours Flying the Finger ----

that whiskey runner paint is just too cool!

Thanks cheezyflier!

-----------

As far as I'm concerned about the rivets, you can count on that, that all my paints will feature "exposed" rivets. That's just my personal preference, realistic or not. Makes my paints more "dramatic", which is important to me. I know it's a bit old school now that we have bump maps, but...... Also it would be a horrible waste of perfectly good rivet layers.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    Here's one I'm making just for the fun of it. Something to keep those customs guys busy. Maybe not the most subtle thing for smuggling the goods, but it works well as long as you fly it under the radar. WIP.

May I please req one with Rum Runner instead of Whiskey please? Excellent paint:ernae:.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Trans_1007 View Post
    May I please req one with Rum Runner instead of Whiskey please? Excellent paint:ernae:.
    This was actually Rum Runner first, but I changed it just because the word "whiskey" looks better on the logo with this font. I'll keep your request in mind..

Charter Member 2014
    Great jobs, BananaBob and Bushpilot!
    Thanks a lot...

Stephan

Smuggler paints uploaded. As requested I made also a Rum Runner variant. I kept the weathering down on these to better suit the pimped out look. Base color is almost black greenish blue, so it gives a really beautiful metallic shine.

Both of the planes are unmarked.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Going to fetch a load of Cuban Rum. Thank you Bushpilot:ernae:.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Trans_1007 View Post
    Going to fetch a load of Cuban Rum. Thank you Bushpilot:ernae:.
    You're most welcome! Thanks for the shots:ernae:. Here's few from my secret hideaway in the Bahamas:

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    Sorry guys, I used high compression to save space, tried it the old way now, let me know if it decompresses now. :ernae:

http://cid-5ffab2d3eb4ba77f.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Kodiak|_Prop.zip
    Hey Bob, is this prop tweak available somewhere else now? That link does not work anymore

BananaBob
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    Hey Bob, is this prop tweak available somewhere else now? That link does not work anymore
    Click my sig and download any of the two Kodiak paints, they have the props in there, Nick's away right now and hasn't had time to add the new prop and rotor warehouse but it's coming.:ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    Click my sig and download any of the two Kodiak paints, they have the props in there, Nick's away right now and hasn't had time to add the new prop and rotor warehouse but it's coming.:ernae:
    Ok , thanks! Actually Desert Island has no prop-texture as I already checked it before asking. But it was in JAARS paint.:ernae:

I notice something while flying at dusk. If I turn on the lights, it removes the reflectivity of the fuselage. Is this bug or something?

Lights on

Lights off

Jocko Flocko
    Does anyone know where I can find Bushpilot's great paints for the Lionheart Kodiak for FSX? I've looked high and low especially for the FedEx version... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." Manfred von Richthofen

Hi Bill,

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but after reading through numerous posts, I still haven't found the info I'm looking for, so:

Did you ever come up with a revised set of float points to fix the way she noses over occasionally, and sits tail low in the water when stopped?

Thanks!

A

Members who have read this thread: 8