Kids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids

Charter Member 2011

Unhappy Kids

ok whats the deal with kids these days?? dont parents tell anything about road saftey?? I'm talking about kids 11+ yrs old ere, thats the one thing thats gets me, there old enough to know better!, jeez i was always told to look both ways and went hungry if i was caught not doing it!

Christ i hate people being proved right, folks around here have been saying for a while its only a matter of time till one of them gets hit, they just take stupid to a new level, they sit in the middle of a corner to a busyish road where cars hurtle round. I dread to think what might have happened if it was a delivery van or something who isnt local ..everyone local slows right down, everyone else just flys round .... I just hope that after almost hitting one of them this morning and rearangeing a fence a little, i just hope they freaking learn something!!

Christ, day off i think today

yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

SOH-CM-2024
    Stiz,

You should drive through a crack neighborhood in America, children as young as two and three, no attendant except maybe an older sibling by a different daddy. Aid to Dependent Children is the worst thing The Great Society ever gave our country.

Caz

Charter Member 09

<!--google_ad_section_start--><!-- <headline>Minivan strikes family, killing boy, 3, in Brockton</headline> <source>Boston Globe</source> <teasetext>BROCKTON - A minivan struck a mother and her three children walking at a busy intersection yesterday afternoon, killing a 3-year-old boy and seriously injuring the mother and two other children, officials said.</teasetext> <byline>Jenna Nierstedt and Matt Byrne</byline> <date>April 1, 2009</date> -->
    Minivan strikes family, killing boy, 3, in Brockton

Police investigate accident near busy intersection

By Jenna Nierstedt and Matt Byrne

Globe Correspondents / April 1, 2009

BROCKTON - A minivan struck a mother and her three children walking at a busy intersection yesterday afternoon, killing a 3-year-old boy and seriously injuring the mother and two other children, officials said.

Christopher Mitchell was pronounced dead at Massachusetts General Hospital. The accident occurred near the intersection of North Main and Huntington streets in Brockton at about 12:30 p.m., said Bridget Norton Middleton, spokeswoman for the Plymouth district attorney's office. No charges were filed against the driver by last night, Middleton said.
    Also injured were Cindy Mitchell, 28, Angel Mitchell, 6, and Valentino Mitchell, 4. All three were upgraded to fair condition at Mass. General late last night, said Michelle Marcella, a hospital spokeswoman. Angel was taken by a MedFlight helicopter with Christopher to Mass. General.
    The driver of the dark-colored Toyota minivan was identified by the DA's office as Pierre R. Jeudy, 48, of Brockton. The minivan's speed at the time of the accident remained under investigation, Middleton said, and she declined to comment on whether Jeudy had the right of way.
    State Police are investigating the case, along with
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

last year, i watched a girl of about 8 yrs old crossing a busy 4 lane street on her bicycle... which was too big for her....and she stopped in the middle of the road to answer her cell phone!!!

why does an 8 yr old need a cell phone?
    what the hell could possibly be so important that it needs to be answered in the middle of a busy 4 lane street?

who gives a child a bike that is far too big, and then turns her loose in the 3rd largest city on the continent?

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Dont look at the kids.. Look at the parents..

Make those kids smart! Make them understand. Make them aware. Teach them to be smart and not stupid..

Then, if they cant handle reality, well.... :faint:

But then I guess you have to have smart parents though.. oops.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

The street I live on is often used to bypass a busy stoplight intersection. So we have people blasting through the neighborhood at way over the 25mph posted speed limit. The kids tend to walk down the street (not the sidewalk) in small groups. They think they're bullet-proof just like I did at their age. I'm afraid some day one (or more) of them are gonna get smacked by a speeder.

Bill, you can't beat smarts into kids these day.... it'll land you in jail. Just the same as you can't beat smarts into their parents. Tho I would like to beat some common sence into the ones that came up with you not being aloud to give your kids a good spanking when they do deserve it.

My grandfather always said..."The shortest route isn't from the ears to the brain. It's from the butt to the brain. And the only route that works. Just saying something to them doesn work. It just goes in one ear and out the other." I'd like to add that some aren't even given a brain to have the common sence to come in out of the rain.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Bill, you can't beat smarts into kids these day.... it'll land you in jail. Just the same as you can't beat smarts into their parents. Tho I would like to beat some common sence into the ones that came up with you not being aloud to give your kids a good spanking when they do deserve it.

My grandfather always said..."The shortest route isn't from the ears to the brain. It's from the butt to the brain. And the only route that works. Just saying something to them doesn work. It just goes in one ear and out the other." I'd like to add that some aren't even given a brain to have the common sence to come in out of the rain.
    LOL....

Very true..

Man.. When (in 1st grade) my mom would go out to that tree and pull off a switch (thin branch) and come back in, peeling the leaves off of it, my thoughts are, 'well, I could get on my tricycle and head for the edge of town, perhaps make Mexico in a couple of days.. San Diego is big.. I might get lost on the sidewalks (streets), but it might be better then the pain I am about to take in.... "

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Dont look at the kids.. Look at the parents..

Make those kids smart! Make them understand. Make them aware. Teach them to be smart and not stupid..

Then, if they cant handle reality, well.... :faint:

But then I guess you have to have smart parents though.. oops.
    Man, you hit that one directly on the head Bill!

I work in retail management and the one thing I have learned, is that there are way to many parents that have no idea how to be a parent and have no right to even have any kids in the first place! Really sad thing is, most idiotic, stupid parents rub off on their kids and the stupidity reflects in the kids when they get older.

I was at a Walmart the other day and this lady had 3 kids and they were just wild, all over the place and getting into everything in the store. Of course, the employees are not going to say anything for fear of getting in trouble with the company/management, but I had a few things to say to her! :karate: which promptly made her gather up her little rug rats and leave the store :wave:

Angry

Right now I'm pissy about about teenage drivers. Mrs Willy and our daughter were out riding their horses this afternoon and had a couple of young knotheads doing about 60 in a pickup come across the road over into the same lane with the horses and miss my daughter's horse by scant inches.

Not only did he risk lives, but now we've got a horse that before was well mannered in traffic and now wants to panic when faced with oncoming traffic from the front.

harleyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post

I told my girls at a very young age, well when they were being told in Middle school that they had a right to call Social Services if they ever got hit by their parents , that if I ever saw Social Services comming down my drive way because they called them, that they might as well pack their things first, cause they just lost their happy home...

They are now two beautiful young Ladies of 21 and 20..Both have Honors in College, and have never been a days trouble.......

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post

They are now two beautiful young Ladies of 21 and 20..Both have Honors in College, and have never been a days trouble.......
    Dang you have 2 in college
    H

Charter Member 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    I told my girls at a very young age, well when they were being told in Middle school that they had a right to call Social Services if they ever got hit by their parents , that if I ever saw Social Services comming down my drive way because they called them, that they might as well pack their things first, cause they just lost their happy home...

Good job sticking to your standards !

"Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

More parents should do the same as you did Harley. But I'm afraid they are few and far between.
    Gary -

Yea my parents tell me that all the time, and I do

In fact earlier today when I went to pick up my lil brother I remembered that saying when I crossed the street

I used to think driving was a bit of a nightmare in the UK- but if you think that, try coming here to NZ.

You'll find 15 year olds in cars and from what I understand, insurance is non compulsory, so a lot of the time it's 15 year olds in Subaru's and the like..

Nightmare!
    Forever lurking.

When I was a kid, I got switched so often that my mom got labled by the EPA as the number one cause of deforestation in Ohio. The number or Maple, Oak, Sasafrass, Hickory, Walnut, Beech, Poplar, Cherry and Ash switches that got worn out across my backside rivals the national deficit in digits. Add in the number or Green Briar brambles that were introduced to my flesh when I had really gotten out of hand....and the number rivals the grains of sand on Daytona Beach.

It wasn't that I was a disobedient kid, I was just too hyperactive and too curious for my own good...or the good of the sanity of people around me. When I was told to stop doing something, I stopped doing it...but quickly found something else to do....which tended to be worse than what I was doing in the first place.

OBIO

I can relate to everything said here. I also am a parent to two kids. Boy/15 Girl/13. I told them long ago and tell them to this day. Respect your elders (period) Treat others as the way you want to be treated until otherwise. Just because so & so did something funny and is making a scene, disrupting the class, or whatever, does not mean you join in the foolishness.

I told my kids when they were younger. I don't care what rights you think you may have. I'll beat your backside if it's needed and I don't care where we are when it's needed. Basically, my or the highway.

As they've grown I see the differences between my kids and others. Parents call to tell us how respectful, helpful and polite they are. A good parent with solid ethics are a must. Sad thing is, it's getting rare. The kids (most) are hell raisers without morals and out for no good. You see a kid walkin the streets after 10pm. Most cases they're up to no good.

I'm just thankful we live in a smaller town away from the boomin big cities. It's the country life for us.

Charter Member 2011
    i was told the same thing ere, if you dont like it then leave, theres plenty of other houses in the world to live in. One thing i hate the most about most kids if they know they can get away with things, if i had hit the kid yesterday if would have been my fault and i'd go to jail for "driveing without due care and attention" and the fact the kid was in the middle of the road wouldnt have come up at all because he sweet little darling who just needs a hug

I'm all for bringing back the cane in schools, if parents wont teach the children and expect the goverment to do it all.. then i say let em .... if they dont like it theres plenty of other countries in the world to live in
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

I don't think a bit of butt warming hurt any of us back when we were young.

And whatever happened to respect? I can't stand it when a kid calls a older person by their first name. We always used Mr. and Mrs., or got the backhand from mom or dad. But if said older person gives permission, then that was ok.
    Gary -

funny thing is i wish my mom woulda used a switch on me.
    she instead used hotwheels tracks. remember those? the old type were stiffer than what is out there now, and they really stung. my mom was wayy scarier than my dad. she would use anything within reach. wooden spoons, a shoe, a broom. she was a household ninja, and you didn't want
    none-o-that!

my younger son threatened to call 911 on me once after he got spanked.
    i handed him the phone and he said "i...(sniff, sniff) forgot...(sob, cry)...the number! :costumes:

liberal canadia being what it is, you can't whack kids here. consequently, my step kids make their own rules, and it disgusts me.

she instead used hotwheels tracks. remember those? the old type were stiffer than what is out there now, and they really stung. my mom was wayy scarier than my dad. she would use anything within reach. wooden spoons, a shoe, a broom. she was a household ninja, and you didn't want
    none-o-that! :karate:

i handed him the phone and he said "i...(sniff, sniff) forgot...(sob, cry)...the number! :costumes:

liberal canadia being what it is, you can't whack kids here. consequently, my step kids make their own rules, and it disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    none-o-that! :karate:

We got the point first time round cheezy .......
    Never wanted kids, neither did my partner, Beagles are much more affectionate and easy to train.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

i tried to delete one of them, i don't know why it didn't take.
    i'll make another attempt

SOH-CM-2024
    Crime and punishment, you have to mete out the proper for each.

But hitting does far more harm and even makes a kid hate you. Now put one in isolation for a good period of time, they'll come around.

However, my sons respect my rage, I once killed a dog with my bare hands that had killed one of my cats. They have never forgotten it. Just don't do anything that will ever make daddy that mad.

Caz