Sim Charts Closing

Thread: Sim Charts Closing

Sim Charts Closing

Did any other Sim Chart users recieve this notice ?

This email is to let you know that the sale of our SIMCharts 4.0 service which works in conjunction with Microsoft Flight Simulator version 10 (FSX), will end on April 1, 2009. There is no new version being planned at this time. Support for the SIMCharts 4.0 service will continue for 1 year thereafter or until March 31, 2010. Access to the service after March 31, 2010 will no longer be available.
    We appreciate you as a customer and encourage you to visit our website, jeppesen.com, to view the full breadth of services and offerings Jeppesen has available to you.

Need confirmation on this , thanks C.J

That post is what i was trying to confirm, i thought i would find out if other users of the product had recieved this notifcation before contacting jeppesen.com to collect further details tomorrow .

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Jodry-VJPL View Post
    Did any other Sim Chart users recieve this notice ?

This email is to let you know that the sale of our SIMCharts 4.0 service which works in conjunction with Microsoft Flight Simulator version 10 (FSX), will end on April 1, 2009. There is no new version being planned at this time. Support for the SIMCharts 4.0 service will continue for 1 year thereafter or until March 31, 2010. Access to the service after March 31, 2010 will no longer be available.
    We appreciate you as a customer and encourage you to visit our website, jeppesen.com, to view the full breadth of services and offerings Jeppesen has available to you.

Need confirmation on this , thanks C.J
    I guess it makes sense since MS has no new planned follow on to FSX.....

-G-

I bought it a couple months ago. No e-mail yet. - And maybe not - What I have is Sim-Plates

Glenn

What concerns me is what are they going to do with the Real Weather down load. Will it continue or will they cut it off?
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    What concerns me is what are they going to do with the Real Weather down load. Will it continue or will they cut it off?
    Interesting question... I always ure real weather and take whatever Jeppesen throws at me. I wonder if REX uses the same source for real weather or a different one, but then you would have to start FSX from within REX.

beatle
    Hey Guys,

We have made arrangements for the FSX Weather Server to remain up for the foreseeable future (which probably means at least several more years - hopefully, someone will have released something new by then :-> ).

Tim

I got confirmation of SimCharts being discontinued in the following Email from Jeppesen.

Hi Chuck,
    We are indeed discontinuing sales of SIMCharts 4.0 on April 1. Support for this product will be offered until April 1, 2010.

We are evaluating future versions of SIMCharts but no firm decisions have been made at this time.

Best regards,

--Eric

Eric Anderson

Public Relations
    Corporate Communications

They act like MSFS was the "only flight simulator" around! :gossip:

Well, afaic it is, but others no doubt will disagree... :argue:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by beatle View Post
    Hey Guys,

We have made arrangements for the FSX Weather Server to remain up for the foreseeable future (which probably means at least several more years - hopefully, someone will have released something new by then :-> ).

Tim
    thanks!! a prior ACES employe, shall we assume?

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    thanks!! a prior ACES employe, shall we assume?
    Well, technically Tim is still employed by MS as part of the "shut down crew..." :whistle:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

beatle
    Through the end of June at least, anyway :-> Although, since ACES Studio is already gone, I guess that still makes me an ex-ACES member :-<

Tim

What are MS calling the new group working on the Live version of whatever they supported as a flying game ?

beatle
    Hey Chuck,

Haven't heard if they have an official name yet, unofficially I've seen them referred to as "FLIVE" (ie Flight Live shortened :-> ), but that's more of an internal joke at this point :->.

The 6 of us shutting down the studio's assets are just hanging off someone elses org at the moment, I'm not even sure what department I'm technically in anymore (as long as the charge number for the expense reports keeps working, I'm good :-> ).

Tim

Members who have read this thread: 0