Pedi-Paws...total rip-off
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pedi-Paws...total rip-off

Pedi-Paws...total rip-off

A week or so ago, my wife and I picked up one of the Pedi-Paws dohickies for trimming the dogs' nails. My wife is always afraid that I will cut too deep and hurt the dogs..so, we got the thing. And just tried it out...forget it! The thing is more likely to rip your dog's nails out than to sand them down to a nice round tip. The "sander" thingie is just a very rough emory board material wrapped around a plastic drum. I touched the thing to two toe nails and instantly was hit by the smell of hot toe nail...the thing creates huge amount of friction, which we all know generates HEAT!

So, $20 spent on a total piece of crap. I will continue using my Smith and Wesson toe nail cutters (yep, Smith and Wesson!). They have a safety shield that prevents the cut from being done too deeply...though it does make it hard to really get the nails short.

The Pedi-Paws will go into my tool box and be used as a detail sander or something. I am not going to simply throw it away....paid $20 for the darn thing...that would have gotten me a nice collection of donationware aircraft.

OBIO

pointy31
    Yep, my daughter bought one for her 3 dogs, she said it's a POS...

Same here.... it's a POS. Tho it will smooth the rough nails once you use clippers on them.

A detail sander sounds good OBIO. Or a toothpick sharpener too.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Mrs Willy got one too. And also came to the conclusion that it's best for smoothing out the edges after clipping them with a real nail trimmer. It eats up the batteries too.

She actually did better using my Dremel.

It would be ok if your dog gets weekly pedicures or something. (And wasn't scared of it. My manimal hates it...) Beyond that, it's a battery powered Dremel.

i'm glad you guys posted this, i was going to buy one. now i will buy something else. thanks :wave:

We use a Dremel for our dog (whippet) and it works perfect. Took a while for my dad to get good at it, but its a pretty quick and painless process now.

LoL count me in as part of the crowd that bought it & think it sucks...BTW, how much is that spent just amongst us in this thread :ques:

Anyways, I think it would work okay on puppies though....

because I don't have small pictures
    OBIO and all,

Thanks for the headsup!!

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    LoL count me in as part of the crowd that bought it & think it sucks...BTW, how much is that spent just amongst us in this thread :ques:

Anyways, I think it would work okay on puppies though....
    About 60$ but 80$ if you count pointy31 daughter.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

I've seen people in stores buying 2 or 3 at a time. I wonder if they're using them as gifts or spares.

Or.... maybe on each other. :costumes:
    Gary -

Charter Member 2016
    We cats don't have that silly problem (he says with an aire of superiority!)

We just pull our excess claw growth off and leave them on the carpet to be stepped on by our humans ! Very entertaining watching them do the sontaneous fandango in their underwear !!

:woot:
    "Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

Watch it toast!

Us dog lovers don't hijack your cat threads!

Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaker View Post
    We cats don't have that silly problem (he says with an aire of superiority!)

We just pull our excess claw growth off and leave them on the carpet to be stepped on by our humans ! Very entertaining watching them do the sontaneous fandango in their underwear !!

:woot:
    I resemble that remark. :costumes: We've got 2 cats that leave their shed claws all around the house. And they do hurt if stepped on.
    Gary -

If you don't LIKE the product, take it back for a refund!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    If you don't LIKE the product, take it back for a refund!
    Can't....threw the darn receipt away!

OBIO

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hate cutting my dogs nails
    and was thinking about this but
    as i am somewhat of these things never work
    person i refrained
    appreciate making me correct
    H:ernae::ernae:

Bought one a few months back. Agree it is worthless. Dremel tool would work great, except my Rottweiler is scared of the sound. Takes three people to hold him to trim his nails. Thankfully, he does not bite. He just won't hold still! Is worth $14 to me to have the vets help me do the trimming.

NC

Same here... receipt is history. We bought ours before everyone figured it out they were crap.

Maybe I'll post it for sale in the Swap Meet forum. I'm sure someone here needs one. :costumes:
    Gary -

harleyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Same here... receipt is history. We bought ours before everyone figured it out they were crap.

Maybe I'll post it for sale in the Swap Meet forum. I'm sure someone here needs one. :costumes:

LOL.......................:faint:

Since the Pedi-Paws turned out to be worthless, I think I have come up with a way to trim the dogs' nails..thanks to that classic movie, National Lampoons Vacation. You know the scene where Clark leaves the dog tied to the back of the wagon and goes merrily down the road and all that is left is the dog's collar. Wouldn't need to go to that extreme, but I think a mile round trip dragging should have their nails in tip top form. The only downside to testing this is the fact that my dogs are faster than my car...so I might have to get my father-in-law to let me borrow the 1993 40th annivary edition Corvette he just bought....that thing is a beast (been worked over just a bit, a tad over 400 dyno proven horses).

OBIO

Well then OBIO, Pedi-paws might help trim the hoves on those 400 proven horses. One thing is fer sure.... that Pedi-paws can spin faster than those tires will.... with more traction :costumes:
    Gary -

Saved again by my friends in this Forum. Was going to buy one for my 10 Lbs 6 month old Main Coon Kitten. She would have ripped me to ribbons. I will stick to the clippers, she is accustomed to that. Thanks again guys.

Kofs, yer the first person I've ever heard of that clips his cats claws........ :faint:

And lived to tell about it. :costumes:
    Gary -

No sooner did I just get done reading this thread again did my daughter walk in with the Pedi-Paws tool. After I got done laughing (much to my daughters surprise), I told my wife to take it back to the store and get her money back. LOL!

Members who have read this thread: 0