Couple questions on recent B-25's by TR

Thread: Couple questions on recent B-25's by TR

Couple questions on recent B-25's by TR

I'm probably way behind the curve on this, but I've read everything on TR's B-25 and can't find the answer.

1. Was the panel that was tweaked by Blue Devil for this aircraft ever uploaded?

2. When I load the default B-25 with the ai bomb load, some of the bombs are sticking thru the top of the fuselage. What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Howdy Optix;

Let's start out with exactly which one you're working with....
    There are so many it's hard to know what to tell you without knowing that first.
    Happy Trails! www.officialponyexpress.org

Pen32Win

For my D/L's Search for both Pen32Win and AF=Midway. There are also files in the Archives under AF=Midway.

hewman100
    An official list on what are the definitive files might be a good idea, and then anything else is removed from the downloads?

I think Sopwith pointed out the "finals" for the early ones, but since there's been a veritable avalanche of stuff as well as the completion of the series.

I know it don't take much to confuse me, but there must be others in the same boat!

I'm paddling right along with you Hewman.....

Although I think these are great acft and truly appreciate the efforts of all involved, it is a bit overwhelming for an underdeveloped mind like mine!

Pen, to answer your questions, I have loaded the TR B-25vc, PBJ-1, & Tokyo Sleeper. They all have a good panel, but I really like the one that was in a post by Blue Devil in a thread titled "New B-25C/D Skins & Kit" dated Feb 27. Sorry, but I haven't figued out how to paste the screenie of the panel in this message.

With reference to the ai bombs...when I loaded "B-25_ai_bombs", I put the acft dp file in the default B-25 folder. Should it have gone in each of the TR B-25 folders which, I'm assuming, would require it to be renamed?

Thanks for your patience and help

The only one you listed that's mine is "Tokyo Sleeper". It has a different DP and Panel than TR's originals. It's the one that has a Norden Sytle Bombsight. The DP also differs where the Guns are aimed and their T&E ranges. They're set to work with the double aim point rear panel. The two are customized to work together as a set.

"when I loaded "B-25_ai_bombs", I put the acft dp file in the default B-25 folder"

Are you saying you put the DP from one of TR's B-25's into the Stock MS B-25"? If so they are totally different MDL's and it's no wonder that you've got bombs poking out the roof.... The placement of Hardpoints is specific to a certain MDL. If you want they Payload in your stock MS B-25 you're better off adding it to the DP, not swaping it out with one from another aircraft.

Pen32Win

For my D/L's Search for both Pen32Win and AF=Midway. There are also files in the Archives under AF=Midway.

Thanks Pen!

To answer your question, no, I didn't load one of TR's DP's into the stocker. I loaded the DP from the "B-25_ai_bombs.zip" into the stocker (as per instructions) and when I selected ai bombs (which I have no idea why I would do in the first place) they were sticking thru the roof. I've since reloaded the Dp file and the problem no longer exists......I guess it was "operator error" in the first place.

Thanks again for putting up with all my questions....hopefully I'll get at least some of this "stuff" figured out before I die!

OK, I get you now. I didn't remember a DP being included in that AI Bomb's package. I installed those weapons a long time ago. I just added a Hardpoint for them in my existing DP.

Different DP's place the Hard Points in different locations. If that DP was created for the Stock MS B-25D it should be OK. But if per chance a DP intended for another aircraft MDL ended up in the Zip and you loaded it into the Stock MS B-25 I can forsee a lot of issues. Both the Center Reference Point and the shape of the two would be very different. Since the Hardpoints base their location off of that reference point they could end up in strange places when combined with a diferent MDL.

Pen32Win

Members who have read this thread: 0