'Northrop Gamma Released'...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: 'Northrop Gamma Released'...

  1. #1

    Lightbulb 'Northrop Gamma Released'...


  2. #2

    Lightbulb

    I've really been waiting for this one - I'll be the guinea pig :d
    Screenies to come shortly...

  3. #3
    SOH-CM-2014
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Age
    57
    Posts
    12,330
    Looks like a sharp, well made model Panther.

    Thanks for the heads up.

    :ernae:


    Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices


    Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

  4. #4
    Looking forward to the shots. Can't buy now, but next Friday I'll be ready with CC in hand.

  5. #5

    Lightbulb

    At $20USD, I can't complain about the price.

    Is it in the same category as the Aerosoft Hughes H1? = No

    Couple niggles (I can't open the engine or cargo compartment - it could be me though :redf:...I've sent a message to their ConDev)

    Death Valley scenery is great!

    Uses some default gauges (sounds like CFS-2 P-38 to me)

    Overall,
    Since I thoroughly enjoy GW3, this was a "must purchase" for me. Nothing complex here....just pure flying and fun :mixedsmi:

    Disclaimer: Some no doubt will have a different view :cost1:

  6. #6

    Lightbulb

    Shots as promised...

  7. #7
    Bandit
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Since I thoroughly enjoy GW3,
    when you say this do you mean Golden Wings 3 for FS9 or FSX?

    I wasn't aware of a FSX version?

  8. #8

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    when you say this do you mean Golden Wings 3 for FS9 or FSX?

    I wasn't aware of a FSX version?
    FS2004 (And Paul Clawson's FS2004 Gamma)

    I mentioned GW3 because since there is no FSX equivalent, planes like THIS Gamma make FSX feel a bit more like GW3 :mixedsmi:

    I haven't got rid of FS2004

  9. #9
    icarus
    Guest
    i m happy that you like it also the words about death valley and the buffalo airport also i think it is good...it take me much time...about the gau some are default locked wega cab from fs2004 so there aren't cfs2 also because if they were cfs2 you had the message about not recognized gauge...we will try to take notes of all and emprove the models, they are all maked by fsx sdk. i am agree about the phrases " Nothing complex here....just pure flying and fun" it was the spirit and we want remain on - than 20 usd price range.

    If you like it we are happy too.

  10. #10

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Couple niggles (I can't open the engine or cargo compartment - it could be me though :redf:...I've sent a message to their ConDev)
    Just got word...
    This is apparently a documentation error and these areas have no animation....

  11. #11
    icarus
    Guest
    yes it was my error into the readme i didn't cancel that part taken from another model. sorry for the problem...at least it is not present inside the website.

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus View Post
    Don't know if it's just me, but I haven't been able to access your site at all. This was true in the earlier thread as well. I've tried all my browsers and no luck at all. :redf:

    cheers,
    steve

  14. #14

    Cool

    Hi Icarus, now it's in my hangar but...
    you say "Virtual cockpit fully clicable and with shadows", but I can't see any shadow into the cockpit...

  15. #15
    icarus
    Guest
    trying to answer all.
    pbearsailor if you have dinamic ip address probably was in our firewall blocked...can i know your ip? pm me possibly . thanks

    i can't recognize who you are on our orders list...can i know the email of the order and i can assist you better by email? and most important which fsx version do you have? if you mean dx 10 shadow there isn't it..only normal shadow inside virtual.

  16. #16
    Yes I mean dx10 shadow, what else shadow into the cockpit can we have? However it's a beauty also without them, and, actually, I often deselect dx10: I like the embseries bloom effect and a lot of airplanes that are dx10 non-compatibles.
    Good idea the racers!:d

  17. #17
    icarus
    Guest
    ok glad that you like it...as i wrote this is our first model after a long time away, we have 3 models on the way with many emprovements and as all we learn by errors (few).
    It's important that gamma was maked with fsx sdk, so that seems people with three different fsx version, sp1, sp2 and acceleration do not have problems.

    Personally after 3 months i fly the Gamma, i still enjoy it. Hope that we could made a polar version on future, but it's a completely different model and take much work.

    Next model on the way the Pitts sb2, i will publish screenshots soon.

  18. #18
    I'm trying to be selective in what I buy, I really am.

    I was going to just take a look here, I really was. :redf:

    But, as I posted earlier, I couldn't access the website. Icarus responded almost immediately by PM and got the issue fixed. I'm downloading the Gamma as I type and I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

    Customer service wins me over just about anytime. Icarus just won me over here, just like a few others like Rob's DC-2 and Lionheart and A2A and a few others have done in the past. Makes it easy for me to buy from them.

    Thanks m8.

    cheers,
    steve

  19. #19
    Senior Administrator Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    EGCD...they bulldozed it!
    Age
    66
    Posts
    9,692
    Price is right and this is a cool plane





    SYSTEM :
    OS:Win7 Home Premium 64 bit UAC OFF!
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

    To err is human; to forgive is divine

  20. #20
    icarus
    Guest
    i remember you bought the tupolev tb3 some times ago roger, i thought also to golden wings fans as you when we have projected to make a gamma and also the fact an fsx version doesn't exist was another reason...thanks again for nice words. nice screenshots too.

  21. #21
    Senior Administrator Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    EGCD...they bulldozed it!
    Age
    66
    Posts
    9,692
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus View Post
    i remember you bought the tupolev tb3 some times ago roger, i thought also to golden wings fans as you when we have projected to make a gamma and also the fact an fsx version doesn't exist was another reason...thanks again for nice words. nice screenshots too.
    Well remembered:ernae: I suppose my avatar (Icarus) is a good advertisment too:d
    SYSTEM :
    OS:Win7 Home Premium 64 bit UAC OFF!
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

    To err is human; to forgive is divine

  22. #22
    icarus
    Guest
    yep :ernae:

  23. #23
    icarus
    Guest
    i have modified two fsx main textures for chrome and metal effect and now Gamma metal surfaces look really good








    this update it's included for the next and old customers.

  24. #24

    Question

    Is the update out now?

  25. #25
    icarus
    Guest
    yes it is. Downloadable from our website at Downloads - fsx section

    http://www.icarusgold.com/FS/downloads.php?cat_id=3

Similar Threads

  1. Dil52's Cape to Cape Flights in the Golden Age Northop Gamma 2A
    By Dil52 in forum Around The World Race/Multiplayer Events
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: May 18th, 2012, 09:56
  2. Northrop BT-1 Released
    By PutPut in forum FSX General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: February 13th, 2011, 12:22
  3. Northrop XP-79
    By James in forum Aircraft Design & Animation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 25th, 2010, 13:30
  4. Gamma
    By Terry in forum FS 2002/2004 General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: August 28th, 2009, 21:16

Members who have read this thread: 5

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •