Cwdt P-51D
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cwdt P-51D

Cwdt P-51D

i HOPE THE ADMINISTRATORS OVERLOOK THE HUGE DOWNLOAD. IF NOT WE'LL HAVE TO DO IT IN MULTIPLE DOWNLOADS. IN ANY CASE HERE'S WHAT'S COMING.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails doll-s.jpg   cock-s1.jpg   detail2-s.jpg   cockright-s.jpg   cathy-s1.jpg   image064.jpg  

I'm not over the hill. I'm on the back nine.

Thanks! I can see you have uploaded the part 2, 3 and 4, but I don't see part 1 of 4.

The library is handled by our librarians so I just had a quick look. And unless it is easy for me to solve I don't interfere with their work.

Regards,
    Huub

I had to split up folder 1 into 1a and 1b because it was still too large. I just uploaded them. Put the contents of folder 1b inside folder 1a and then put 1a into the fs9 aircraft folder along with folders 3 and 4. If you combine them into one folder it might not work. Good luck and any problems put them in this thread.

Cwdt p51d (2nd of 4)

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: THIS IS THE CWDT P51D DESIGNED BY A.C. WAI. IT HAS ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES SO HERE IS DOWNLOAD 2 OF 4. DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED. PUT THESE SEPERATELY INTO FS2004. HAVE FUN

warbirdlover

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CWDT P51D (2ND OF 4)
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Cwdt p51d (3rd of 4)

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: THIS IS THE CWDT P51D DESIGNED BY A.C. WAI. IT HAS ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES SO HERE IS DOWNLOAD 3 OF 4. DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED. PUT THESE SEPERATELY INTO FS2004. HAVE FUN

warbirdlover

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CWDT P51D (3RD OF 4)

Cwdt p51d (4th of 4)

Description: THIS IS THE CWDT P51D DESIGNED BY A.C. WAI. IT HAS ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES SO HERE IS DOWNLOAD 4 OF 4. DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED. PUT THESE SEPERATELY INTO FS2004. HAVE FUN

warbirdlover

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CWDT P51D (4TH OF 4)

Cwdt p51d (folder 1a of 4)

Description: THIS IS THE FS2004 CWDT P51D PACKAGE. THIS IS FOLDER 1A OF 4) THIS GOES INTO THE FS9 AIRCRAFT FOLDER AFTER DOWNLOAD 1B OF 4 IS PUT INSIDE THIS FOLDER. DOWLOADS 2, 3 AND 4 ALL GO INTO THE FS9 AIRCRAFT FOLDER. DO NOT COMBINE. DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS. HAVE FUN. I HAD TO DO IT THIS WAY BECAUSE SIM-OUTHOUSE WOULDN'T TAKE THE HUGE UPLOADS WITH ONE ZIPPED FOLDER. HAVE FUN.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CWDT P51D (FOLDER 1A OF 4)

Cwdt p51d (1b of4)

Description: THIS FOLDER CONTENT GOES INSIDE FOLDER 1A AND FOLDER 1A GOES INTO FS9 AIRCRAFT FOLDER. THIS IS A FS2004 AIRCRAFT. DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK BECAUSE WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CWDT P51D (1B OF4)

There is a very detailed users manual inside one of these folders. UPDATE; download 4 goes into the 1a folder. Sorry. If this download doesn't work please let us know. Going from 1 download to many is scary.

HERE IS WHAT IS IN MY FS9 AIRCRAFT FOLDER:

CWDT_P-51d
    CWDT_P51DBR
    CWDT_P51DFT

IF YOU'RE DARING YOU COULD TRY PUTTING THE CONTENTS OF THE 1B, 2, 3 AND 4 FOLDERS ALL IN FOLDER 1A BUT THAT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME.

Members +
    Maybe I'm a bit confused... So I unzipped 1A into a temp folder then I unzipped 1B into that folder. I get the following folders..
    CWDT_P-51d (
    CWDT_P-51DBR
    CWDT_P-51DFT
    new
    P51d
    P-51D
    P-51DREV
    P-51DVC
    as well as a bunch of sound.zips

Zip2 -CWDT_P51d gives me this folder:
    CWDT_P51d - this is the same name as the file in 1A..
    BUT has different textures.
    Neither of the aircraft.cfg' s match the textures.
    There is also various cfg's that dont match up any textures.

I have not even looked at the other 2 zips, I'm just confused

Is there an easier way of installing this plane???
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Thanks Gerald for making this model available. The model comes with a lot of different loads and has nice animations. But I agree with Zsobbie, the installation is quite confusing. It seems it is a combination from work folders and finished folders.

Robin, I have looked at the files as well. There is a lot of duplication. For instance inside the CWDT_P-51DBR folder there are 8 textures folders. however only 4 are used. The texture folder texture.1 contains exactly the same textures as the folder texture.crow. The texture folder texture.4 contains the same textures as the folder texture.bets, etc.

In the textures for the models inside the CWDT_P-51d folder don't show up, as in the aircraft configuration file reference is made to texture folders which don't exist. When you change the entries to the textures into texture.tall and texture.lou the problem will be solved.

These problems are quite easy to solve. A problem which I haven't been able to solve is non appearing gauges in the VC.

The gauges in the VC of the models in the folder CWDT_P-51d appear. Although the panel for the other models is aliased to the panel inside the folder from which the gauges appear, they don't show up. Even when I take the complete panel folder from the CWDT_P-51d folder and copy it inside the CWDT_P-51DBR and CWDT_P-51DFT folders the gauges will not appear.

I'm convinced all required files are in the downloads, but as said there many duplicates and some files are in the wrong place.

I wish I had the time to sort this out, as it is a nice model, and I'm convinced the download could be made much smaller than it currently is.

A simple change to the aircraft configuration file inside the CWDT_P-51d colder makes the textures for this plane and Lou IV show up.

The model comes with many interesting load outs and animations.

In some models the gauges in the VC show up and in some they don't.....

And as you can see the model comes with different VC matching the sub-types as well.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members +
    I did not even have a look at the VC!
    I think that, tomorrow, I'll roll up my sleeves and try sort things out. There is a huge amount that can be dumped.
    I've done literally 1000's of installs in my time, but this one got me scratching my head. I think that I was probably overthinking thing, with all the work files there.

I'll clear out all the unnecessary stuff & see what I can come up with.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Maybe I'm a bit confused... So I unzipped 1A into a temp folder then I unzipped 1B into that folder. I get the following folders..
    CWDT_P-51d (
    CWDT_P-51DBR
    CWDT_P-51DFT
    new
    P51d
    P-51D
    P-51DREV
    P-51DVC
    as well as a bunch of sound.zips

Zip2 -CWDT_P51d gives me this folder:
    CWDT_P51d - this is the same name as the file in 1A..
    BUT has different textures.
    Neither of the aircraft.cfg' s match the textures.
    There is also various cfg's that dont match up any textures.

I have not even looked at the other 2 zips, I'm just confused

Is there an easier way of installing this plane???
    1a is the 1st MAIN folder and 1b goes into it. You can also put 4 into 1a. the rest you leave as individual folders in the fs9 aircraft folder. So you'll have 3 folders in the fs9 aircraft folder. They are:

CWDT_P-51d
    CWDT_P-51DBR
    CWDT_P51DFT

I'm sorry guys but not being able to upload Andrew's 1st of 4 files forced me to break the first one apart. I had to upload smaller folders. I thought I had it worked out but obviously not. I took Andrew's first folder and just cut pasted half of it into a 1b folder. When you put the 1b folder's "guts" into the 1a folder it should have been the same as Andrew sent me. The 4th folder is just the instructions. the second and third folder are not different from Andrew's sent to me and it worked for me. Looking I found the plain "texture" folder (no number at the end) was not in each of the 3 folders so I stuck it in the airplane folders where it was missing. It wouldn't hurt anything. I'm looking at the gauges.

Members +
    I've been trying to sort the panel/gauge issue, but I'm not getting anywhere.
    The P-51D shows the normal panel but no VC

The other two, P-51DBR & P-51FT show the normal panel and the VC.
    What confuses me is that those two versions alias the panel from the P-51D, & show the VC, but the main P-51D does not show the VC.

I even moved the panel from the P-51D to the P-51FT & aliased the P-51D to that, still no VC in the P-51D.

The textures are all sorted out, with a little bit of correcting of the aircraft.cfg.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

It is a complete mystery for me, as I have it the other way round. The 2D panel shows up complete with gauges in all models (folders). However the models inside CWDT_P-51DBR and CWDT_P-51DFT only how the gauges inside the 2D panel.

I have already moved the gauges from the panel folder to the main gauge folder in FS9 root folder, but no result.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members +
    I've also moved the gauges from the P-51D to the gauges file. Makes no difference.
    So strange that we both have the same files, but yours is opposite to mine.

as you say, a complete mystery.
    I wonder if anyone else has similar issues?
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

I've asked Andrew if he has the original CWDT "installer" and the password. If he does I'll upload that and hopefully it will resolve all these issues. Wish me luck.

Wow,it looks nice,as nice as the WOP P-51,but seems to be a bit of a faff to load it up without it's auto installer.

FIX?

Andrew sent me this file and asked to try it out. Itr worked for me. Just put the contents into the first P51 folder and let us know. Thanks.

It's in the fs2004 military prop area and has my smiling face as the picture.

Cwdt p51d -fix (?)

Description: I GOT THIS FILE FROM ANDREW AND IT SEEMED TO FIX THE PROBLEMS ON MY INSTALL. INSTALL INTO THE FIRST P51 FOLDER IN FS9 AIRCRAFT FOLDER. REPLAY IN THE FORUM IF IT HELPS.

warbirdlover

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CWDT P51D -FIX (?)

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The library is handled by our librarians so I just had a quick look. And unless it is easy for me to solve I don't interfere with their work.

Regards,
    Huub
    I'm a bit distracted by real life just now, when I get a chance I'll download the parts and see what I can do. Apologies for the delay.
    The fix file should be available now.

It's not one I've ever had, so can't help with the installer.

Quote Originally Posted by warbirdlover View Post
    Andrew sent me this file and asked to try it out. Itr worked for me. Just put the contents into the first P51 folder and let us know. Thanks.

It's in the fs2004 military prop area and has my smiling face as the picture.
    I'm afraid the fix didn't work for me. The problem persists. I do have the gauges in the models in the CWDT_P-51d folder, but not in the models in the other two folders....

Hopefully I will find some time somewhere tomorrow to do some additional experimenting and have a close look to what is in the panel configuration file.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members +
    All sorted now.
    Just a recap..
    Original:
    P-51D 2D panel working, No VC
    P-51DBR & P-51DFT 2D & VC working (both panels aliased to P-51D)

Now for the weird thing - Replaced P-51D with the new P-51D FIX
    P-51D 2D & VC working
    P-51DBR & P-51DFT 2D panel working, No VC (both panels aliased to P-51D)

My solution:
    Use the P-51D FIX - that sorts the P-51D out.!
    As I still had a copy of P-51D original (as above), I copied it's panel & pasted it into P-51DFT
    Then I aliased the P-51DBR's panel to P-51DFT's panel.

All works now!
    Phew! I hope that all makes sense!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Members +
    Here is a list of the contents of the P-51D Panel folder - it's identical to the Panel in the P-51DFT folder.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-23 230751.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	94209

Huub, the only thing I can suggest is to duplicate the Panel with the gauges to all the P-51's. Hopefully, no idea why, it should work!

The gauges must be in the Panel folder, not the Model folder.. (I'm sure you did mean the Panel folder)
    You said 'I'm afraid the fix didn't work for me. The problem persists. I do have the gauges in the models in the CWDT_P-51d folder, but not in the models in the other two folders....'
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Members who have read this thread: 85