Hercules fans....you ain't gonna believe this... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hercules fans....you ain't gonna believe this...

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Nice! How did you get around the blackout?
    Backed up the USAF fuselage and wing textures and replaced them with my USN. Didn't make any changes to the .cfg . It still shows up in the hangar as the USAF.
    Still just one [fltsim] entry.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lockheed-c-130t-from-the-vr-55-us-navy-reserve-landing-at-raf-mildenhall-whilst-supporting-the-u.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	94160
    Last edited by jmbiii; April 22nd, 2024 at 09:57. Reason: addded pix
    *===================*
    Low, slow, and squawking 1200 !

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Backed up the USAF fuselage and wing textures and replaced them with my USN. Didn't make any changes to the .cfg . It still shows up in the hangar as the USAF.
    Still just one [fltsim] entry.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lockheed-c-130t-from-the-vr-55-us-navy-reserve-landing-at-raf-mildenhall-whilst-supporting-the-u.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	94160

Excellent work !!!

Great repaints and I'd fly them IF I buy. USAF brat growing up with the Herc at the master C-130 base (Little Rock AFB), I've put many hours in the CS version since FS9 release. Frustrated like many with the "external only" MSFS release and pretty much wrote CS off. So much potential, even without a new glass J model, I'd be fine with early H models. Hopeful for some updates and the various repaints getting converted over.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Trying to crack this code on the repaint blockage I came upon something else interesting. In the model file in the m133_101.xml file there are 25 different antennas each with a visibility code attached. If you set the <vis_code> to 0 you can hide that antenna. I haven't dove into the naming to see which is which but I set them all to 0 and all the antennas and the dome on top of the fuselage disappeared.

Maybe this was setup for a future update where you can hide certain antennas from the clipboard. Anyways just a way to customize some more. Ill keep digging through things

I didn't manage to bypass the repaint blockade either. However, I now have too much time on my hands to continue here. It's a shame really, because the model would really benefit from a few good repaints...

C130H_CS5 by TiAr, auf Flickr

Now waiting for the announced Blackbird J-Models. Should be more fun.

Thomas

Members who have read this thread: 237