FS2004 Begium coast area Ostende - Zeebrügge

Thread: FS2004 Begium coast area Ostende - Zeebrügge

FS2004 Begium coast area Ostende - Zeebrügge

Good morning friends

since a certain time I search for good representation
    of the begian coast especially between Ostende and Zeebrügge.
    the original FS2004 representation is really too gereneric and patially wrong
    (the Zeebrügge area is just fantasy) Even the add on "Belgium 7000" or
    Waffleflight Belgium and Luxembourg are only aproximative.
    Does someone know and addon which will really be realistic - or want them to do?
    Perhaps in CFS 2 or cfs CFS 3 this part of the coast (may be also starting from the Dunkerque
    area) exists and could be adapted to FS2004?
    Best regards
    Yours
    Michael Vader

Library Staff
    Hi Michael,

You could try my CFS2 coastal scenery rebuild found in the WW1 Western Front package by our Westfront group. It covers Dunkirk, Ostend, Zeebrugge and Brugge.

The river and road fixes may look odd as they are based on Sander de Cocq's EurW CFS2 scenery which includes extensive rivers and roads.

The objects are of course destructible GSL ones which would have to be converted. Allen did a beautiful rendition of the Zeebrugge mole.

Good luck!

Kevin

Michael, why not look into this particular vector scenery freeware package for FS2004 - OSM Western Europe by Mario Noriega - you may find it suited to your requirements...

https://www.mariosplanes.com/index.p...n/24-osm-we-en

Also available at Avsim f/l, I believe!

Cheers!

HU: An important resource...

https://web.archive.org/web/20100909...20Probleme.htm

I have shared the address of this particular archived webpage with Michael, and I wish to apprise the same to the community, because as I had initially concluded, and as Michael himself concurs, the webpage, and especially the map, is rather useful to FS2004 enthusiasts, especially for those who wish to seek to integrate a variety of overlapping scenery packages for regions in nearly most of Europe - payware and freeware (by selectively turning off from any given scenery package what they do not require, and only turning on, what they in fact do require) to perhaps have, ideally, a realistic landscape, terrain, and scenery geography to fly over, and which is free from errors including double coastlines, roads, rivers, etc. and perhaps even the inexplicable CTDs.
    I hope the resource proves to be useful! and naturally, google translate will also be helpful for those who do not speak Deutsch/German.

cheers!

Members who have read this thread: 40