Local Legend 15: Dornier Do 31
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local Legend 15: Dornier Do 31

Local Legend 15: Dornier Do 31

Release trailer.

Crazy plane ;D.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

OMG, I am so getting that! I never would have thought we would get a good model of it and there are so many cool NATO country schemes it could be painted in.

Oh no way! lol I have dreamed of having one of these in the sim BUT no dev liked the idea. Well now, gotta get it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

it's in the marketplace right now, but has a timeout error when trying to purchase. I thought it was coming out on the 17th.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Picked it up, very cool model. Takes a bit of control setting up to get the throttle & nozzles to work correctly and the VTOL function takes a great deal of fineness to properly handle, especially the approach and landing phase.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool model, but it's the kind of novelty that I don't think I'd fly often once I was past the learn-how-to-fly-it stage. I wish, if they were going to do Dorniers, they'd give us a 228 or, better still, a 328.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

That's the problem with a lot of these models - really interesting and beautifully made, but how often are you going to fly them before they are consigned to your digital Davis Monthan ? All credit to Microsoft and Asobo, of course, because they've brought us some weird and wonderful designs in the last couple of years, particularly flying boats. I think I might have a trawl through the back catalogue and take a second look at some of them. Rara Avis' excellent Horten has rekindled my interest in obscure prototypes.

so many cool NATO country schemes it could be painted in
    Interesting thought...doubt there will be a paintkit but hopefully possible to repaint the existing livery...wonder how many there are?

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Picked it up, very cool model. Takes a bit of control setting up to get the throttle & nozzles to work correctly and the VTOL function takes a great deal of fineness to properly handle, especially the approach and landing phase.
    Hi , how did you get the VTOL function to work , i have no buttons left on my Stick , and i canīt move the control levelers in Cockpit , witch is strange ?

This video
    https://youtu.be/QTNrdPwyf-I?t=804
    has instructions on configuring controls and doing VTOL, not tried it yet, stuck to conventional flight round Mach loop

Several liveries, including olive green and camo, should be easy enough to make simple 'What If' repaints...good companion to Transall C-160 and Short C-23.

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    This video
    https://youtu.be/QTNrdPwyf-I?t=804
    has instructions on configuring controls and doing VTOL, not tried it yet, stuck to conventional flight round Mach loop

Several liveries, including olive green and camo, should be easy enough to make simple 'What If' repaints...good companion to Transall C-160 and Short C-23.

Thanks for your answer

Quote Originally Posted by Killbilly View Post
    I wish, if they were going to do Dorniers, they'd give us a 228 or, better still, a 328.
    To each their own. I’d much rather see Asobo do unique cool planes that third parties wouldn’t see a big enough market for than yet another modern turboprop.

And at $10, it’s a no-brainer for plane history nuts like me.

Someone did a very nice metal texture for this one. Wish it had a bit more functionality in the cockpit, but for $10 bucks no complaints here.

Icon14

Really a well-made aircraft! Very enjoyable.

Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

IDK why, but I hate just looking at that thing. Doesn't look like something that actually would even fly. Maybe I'm too old school.

LouP

We need some old commuter liner paints for that as well. Such as Pan Am, Eastern, KLM, etc. Retro stuff, but able to get into those small airports and to the large hubs.

Members +
    HB, Ca.-Seattle,Wa.-Fujieda-Shizuoka-Japan
    Not seeing the probed nose variant within livery selection.
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 22H2 Build 19045.4123
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)
    Core i7 3770K
    G-Skill Trident X 32GB DDR3 CL7-8-8-24
    Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
    1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    2TB PNY CS900 SSD
    LG Blue Ray Burner DL
    Rosewill mid tower Challenger
    Corsair RM 750 PSU
    Inateck KU5211 USB 3.2 Adapter
    LTERIVER PCE-G2S4 PCIe 4port SATA card
    X56 HOTAS
    Grassmonkey Joseph II Puck
    Oculus Quest 2
    TM 2x MFD Cougar
    T-Mobile Home Internet 5G (KDV21)

It's not a livery, it's selected via the EFB.

So not through IniBuild's own website? Only MP?
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    So not through IniBuild's own website? Only MP?
    It's made by IB, but marketed by MS/Asobo as one of their "Local Legend" promotions, so only available via the Marketplace.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    It's made by IB, but marketed by MS/Asobo as one of their "Local Legend" promotions, so only available via the Marketplace.
    Thanks. That's a bummer
    I pass gas!

The non-bummer part of it is that it's only $9.99 if you have the Premium/Deluxe editions.

Wish it had been a P1127.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    We need some old commuter liner paints for that as well. Such as Pan Am, Eastern, KLM, etc. Retro stuff, but able to get into those small airports and to the large hubs.
    Repainting this one looks to be tricky ... this trivial change is the best I've done so far:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Do31.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	201.0 KB 
ID:	94140

Members who have read this thread: 165