P-51D Lillipoop 100th FS 322FG 15th Air Force

Thread: P-51D Lillipoop 100th FS 322FG 15th Air Force

P-51D Lillipoop 100th FS 322FG 15th Air Force

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - World War II

Description: This package contains alternative textures for the P-51D Mustang by Wozza. I have understood that there are different version of this model, which might make it necesarry to make some minor changes to the included entry for the aircraft configuration file.

The repaint shows the P-51D named Lollipoop II, which flew with 100stFS 332FG 15th AF, Ramitelli Italy, late 1944-1945. This Mustang was flown by the Tuskegee Airmen Lt Spurgeon Ellington and 1st Lt Robbert W. Williams, and has also been named "Duchess Arlene" somewhere in its life.

Aircraft used by the 332nd came from other squadrons as they were replaced by later Mustang Models. As a result, the planes arrived with the markings from previous squadrons. They were put into service immediately and markings were changed between mission. This could account for the varying descriptions of these planes.

I want to thank Warwick "Wozza" Carter and friends for creating this lovely model. The paintkit by late Gary J. Smith served as base for this repaint. And of course Martin Wright for his simple but indispensable graphic tools, as without his dtx1 bitmap manipulator these textures simply wouldn't be there.

Enjoy,
    Huub
    April 2024

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P-51D Lillipoop 100th FS 322FG 15th Air Force
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Many Thanks for taking the time to create this for the Community!

No problem. I like to make repaints and I thought it was a shame that there wasn't a red tail for Wozza's model.

BTW, there a second one on its way.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 49