Some sceneries that keep me busy.

Thread: Some sceneries that keep me busy.

Members +

Some sceneries that keep me busy.

So I'm running both P3Dv 4.5 as well as v5. I've ended up using v4.5 mostly, as it can take some aircraft that v5 cannot, & with the same settings, the green grass & other stuff are not as bright as they are in v5. (thinks.. Maybe get rid of v5)

Anyway, My favourite flying at the moment is in Misty Moorings & Tongass. This really appeals to me as there is so much to do & to see. I'm not into tubeliners or jets, and the low 'n slow amphibian flying, for me is great.

Misty Moorings used to be payware, and now that they are supporting FS2020, it's now freeware, along with Tongass, not forgetting Emma Field!!
    Have a look here for some great areas to fly in.
    Return to Misty Moorings - Home Page

I also found some great scenery here..
    FSX/P3D Products | Emerald Scenery Design

Also some great freeware unusual scenery & airstrips. Sometimes, the ReadMe's dont mention the airstrips, and a simple look in the scenery folder reveals their names.

I've set up an Excel sheet with my favourite airfields. My Return To Misty Moorings & Tongass sheet has 50 airstrips & their ICAO's. I've also noted interesting things on the sheet as well
    For me, having a listing like this just makes it easier to choose where I want to fly. Being in Excel, I can sort any area as well.

I was getting bored with the usual point to point flying, but finding the above scenery has really put me back in the saddle.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen this website before.

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    So I'm running both P3Dv 4.5 as well as v5. I've ended up using v4.5 mostly, as it can take some aircraft that v5 cannot, & with the same settings, the green grass & other stuff are not as bright as they are in v5. (thinks.. Maybe get rid of v5)

Anyway, My favourite flying at the moment is in Misty Moorings & Tongass. This really appeals to me as there is so much to do & to see. I'm not into tubeliners or jets, and the low 'n slow amphibian flying, for me is great.

Misty Moorings used to be payware, and now that they are supporting FS2020, it's now freeware, along with Tongass, not forgetting Emma Field!!
    Have a look here for some great areas to fly in.
    Return to Misty Moorings - Home Page

I also found some great scenery here..
    FSX/P3D Products | Emerald Scenery Design

Also some great freeware unusual scenery & airstrips. Sometimes, the ReadMe's dont mention the airstrips, and a simple look in the scenery folder reveals their names.

I've set up an Excel sheet with my favourite airfields. My Return To Misty Moorings & Tongass sheet has 50 airstrips & their ICAO's. I've also noted interesting things on the sheet as well
    For me, having a listing like this just makes it easier to choose where I want to fly. Being in Excel, I can sort any area as well.

I was getting bored with the usual point to point flying, but finding the above scenery has really put me back in the saddle.

SOH-CM-2022
    Yep - RTMM is my goto place for low and slow flying.

I tried it in MSFS and just keep coming back to P3D - Hours of innocent amusement with RTMM and Nigels Tutor.

Another place that is great scenery and fun flying is Orbx New Zealand.

Thanks for the links. I thought that I was already a member at RTMM since I have many downloads from there, but that was not so, and I had never seen ESD before. I corrected both omissions,
    Ro

Members +
    Just goes to show that there are still some great gems out there, waiting to be found.

I'm also running RTMM in FS2004 as well, just to cover all eventualities.

I'm running P3D off a portable 2T drive, with only a slight lag in loading sceneries. Otherwise it's perfect.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Members who have read this thread: 41