AH P-47D Razorback Released 4/3 - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: AH P-47D Razorback Released 4/3

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    Nice work on Little Demon jankees, but can you please also do a version with the red outlined national insignia? I don't know if that is really accurate, but it's what the restored warbird had, and a lot of us are fond of it.

August
    Like this you mean?
    N47DG 01 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

N47DG 04 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

N47DG 06 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

I've just uploaded both versions:
    https://flightsim.to/file/72864/repu...le-demon-n47dg
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thank you for doing this, JanKees - she’s a beauty!
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

After changes.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

that looks much better YoYo, proper painted tank and the reinforced lower fuselage look as they should - The Curtiss Hawk P-36 and the early P-47 Razorbacks with the natural finish and Striped tails always get me.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I noticed (honestly, from the beginning) strange thing from pilot view. Actually, no one mentioned it, so the question is whether it's just me or whether there are actually people who also noticed it.
    The view from the inside, from the pilot's position, to the sides (i.e. the side windows of the moving part of the cover of cockpit) is slightly blurred (glass). It's just blurry and I'm not talking about the effects of scratches or stains. See this: https://i.imgur.com/y5zCjgG.jpg If you just move the view through the window a little more, the effect disappears: https://i.imgur.com/gnxoO4m.jpg and the picture is crispy. This effect only applies to the AH P-47, in other my addons it is ok. I have the impression that here, apart from scratches and stains on canopy, something else blurs the image. Front windshield is ok, no issue here, just sides.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I noticed (honestly, from the beginning) strange thing from pilot view. Actually, no one mentioned it, so the question is whether it's just me or whether there are actually people who also noticed it.
    I do not see that, Yoyo. View thru canopy side windows is as crisp as with canopy open except for dirty glass effect. Wouldn't what you see have anything to do with the LOD problem you and John were talking about ? After the patch there's still some fixing to do, isn't there. F.i. i see this when opening up the sound.xml :

Still the soundsuite does work be it that it is not the sound i'd expect to hear with the 18 cylinders of a massive P&W R-2800 Double Wasp thundering along a few inches in front of me ears...

Any news about this guy Mathias who said to be working on a replacement soundsuite for the P-47 that you know of ? (read at the official MSFS website re P-47)

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Any news about this guy Mathias who said to be working on a replacement soundsuite for the P-47 that you know of ? (read at the official MSFS website re P-47)
    I asked him again. The sounds are not bad (although of course they could be better), after the last patch it is a bit better as well and for me are quite ok, but there is still small an audible loop.

last repaint before I leave on the first fieldtrip of this season

madam (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

the LOD effect is quite annoying in formation flying
    madam (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

whoops
    madam (0004a) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I asked him again. The sounds are not bad (although of course they could be better), after the last patch it is a bit better as well and for me are quite ok, but there is still small an audible loop.
    We need a soothing cruisespeed sound like this ( listen as take-off power is reduced to cruise power):

https://youtu.be/Rg7Opmo8FdI?si=aSPab37T_iXI_qY3&t=92

Prop engine sounds can come close to music, soft music but also LOUD music at times. Currently i hear no music inside the P-47 cockpit. I hope Mathias will keep his promise, get on stage and play some good 18 cylinders music !

STEP RIGHT UP PEOPLE !! TONIGHT ONLY !! : MATHIAS AND HIS DOUBLE WASPS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    the LOD effect is quite annoying in formation flying
    Do you have the last version (1.1.1v)? In the last version the gear effect in formation flight / multiplayer was solved. I see that you have still it on your picture so maybe its not the current version? However I agree LOD is a the weakest part of this model still. Currently, the biggest problem is the Malcolm canopy mirror, which is almost always visible on the every top of windshield, also (I have set up LOD on 200, so the biggest and the problems are still, normally I have on the 130% level) is formation view some part of the oters models are still not present (from the pilot perspective). Also the "old" back of Razorback is still present on second LOD so you can notice jumping top back of P-47 (forming into another).

By the way, the author of the sound mod postponed its release to the release of SU15 (so end of April).

Love that repaint you're working on YoYo... Is it going to have any unit markings or is it an example of a factory finish?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Love that repaint you're working on YoYo... Is it going to have any unit markings or is it an example of a factory finish?

Matt
    Thx, I have no time too finish it, however yes, its planned .

Razorback of Boleslav "Mike Killer" Gladych - 17 claimed destroyed, 2 probables, 1 shared damaged, and 5 ground kills.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boles%...w_G%C5%82adych
    s/n 42-26300 HV-V "Pengie III" of 61FS, 56th FG, Spring 1944.

Soon for download (I need create thumbnails ;>). Regards!

Looks great , Yoyo.

YoYo, some of the best screenshots ever. -d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

When I was at Shepard AFB for tech school in '85 (crap - I'm old...), the training birds in the hangar all had small penguins painted on them. I asked my instructor what they were for. He said "Tell me what you know about penguins." I said "Well, they're birds that don't fl... Oooohh."
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Like this you mean?
    N47DG 01 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

N47DG 04 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr