AH P-47D Razorback Released 4/3 - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: AH P-47D Razorback Released 4/3

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    It was reported already but they most likely won't want to interfere with the 3D model anymore. Probably just systems, but we'll see.

Btw. When flying for a longer period of time, I find that I cannot obtain the appropriate flight parameters. AH Jug is too slow, I cannot rev above 46 Mainfold pressure, which should be achievable with a turbocharger, even up to 65 MP (6500ft), with boost (WEP, but ok, its not implemented) easily 72. Max RPM is 2700 what is ok however temps are too fine and also no demage of engine (not modelled perhaps) but proper how MP should works shuold be ok, for cruise flight its ok, but not combat mode simply. FM is very ok (crg!) but minimum speed is too low, it was havy heavyweight boxer.

But overall, I really like the model and I'm satisfied .
    You need to use the turbo boost control to get 52". It works

IMHO this is a masterpiece. I can only imagine how many months and hours it took to make this. I have just bought FS2020 and when I get it I'll be picking up this kind of add-on. Great job AH!
    I'm not over the hill. I'm on the back nine.

Quack(0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Quack(0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by wells View Post
    Im using it, however never to 100% (tt's a pity that the latch of boost lever doesn't work like in a real P-47 with throttle). Ok, I'll check again. thx.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Fast becoming a favourite. Thanks AH. I get what you're saying about the spine of the Razerback... I've been around this course before myself... When I made my version for X-plane I thought I was almost done and it was looking great, then I noticed a photo like John posted above and then I realized there was subtlety Of shape there I'd got wrong... I did change it, because it began to bug me then... but I can understand it from their point of view if they don't want to. Either way it's superb and I'm glad I bought it... bring on the Hurricane.

Matt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240406142237_1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	93827

Name:	20240406145559_1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	299.3 KB 
ID:	93828

Name:	20240407172829_1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	358.4 KB 
ID:	93829

Name:	20240406140819_1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	336.8 KB 
ID:	93830

There are some really spectacular US Air Force paints here. But I keep on hoping some of the very talented painters here will be able to do
    some of the British Thunderbolt camouflage paint schemes. I'm surprised AH didn't include any in their release.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    There are some really spectacular US Air Force paints here. But I keep on hoping some of the very talented painters here will be able to do
    some of the British Thunderbolt camouflage paint schemes. I'm surprised AH didn't include any in their release.

Thanks
    It's on my list, but I'm still hoping for a paintkit. What I did so far is only adaptations of the original textures.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    It's on my list, but I'm still hoping for a paintkit. What I did so far is only adaptations of the original textures.
    Thanks loads Jankees; I will be patient.

meanwhile:
    turnip (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

turnip (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by wells View Post
    Yes, with 100% of Turbo I can achve 52 MP, however indicated speed is too low, about 290-300 mph, with this settings it should fly with 330 - 360 indication speed also dive and stress its an issue, it can dive with to 500 mph, the model has about 400 mph (what was maximum dive speed for P-38, not P-47).

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/p-47/p-47.html
    http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.o...p47-26167.html

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    For anyone else who wondered why the aileron trim doesn't seem to work, it looks like there's a mistake in the apron.flt and runway.flt files that's an easy fix. If you open those files with Notepad++ (or something similar) search for "AileronTrimDisabled", and simply change the "True" to "False".
    I didt it too, yes it works.

3 new things, did you notice it?

- sometimes (random), after loading the plane I cant move mixture and prop lever, also the settings panel doesnt work (looks like blocked),
    - sometimes (random too) in cold and dark I hear (at beginning) working of engine (when engine doesnt work),
    - external tanks are empty, so not like it was in video (Am I correct?), you need to fill exeternal tanks manually.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Those last three things of yours happen to me randomly if I fly consecutive flights in MSFS - sometimes even if I use the same plane. I just assumed it was due to the ‘custom code’ some developers use to make special features for their aircraft. It seems not to happen with default planes unless I’m using a mod or non default GPS.
    I haven’t loaded the P-47 in consecutive flights within MSFS yet - or switched to it after a different aircraft - but I would expect to see some issues if I did.
    fwiw I rarely have time for more than one flight at a time so maybe more feedback is needed
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Maybe this is getting off track but I can never load consecutive flights without causing serious issues to my performance. I like to fly different planes and if I fly a second flight with a new aircraft, it's all over for me. It becomes a stutter fest and I need to shut down and start all over. I don't know what's in the code that won't allow me a consecutive flight but it seems to be a common thing when I looked into it. I never had this issue in previous simulators but I just live with it in MSFS2020 and realize I'm going to get just one flight per session.

LouP

my favorite picture of the Razorback doing what she was made to do

this video - and his entire series on the P-47 explain everything
    https://youtu.be/aCLa078v69k?si=P2v9FVR6h05MCPbJ
    enter..the Sandman

That is a classic photo! For me, I think 'Little Demon' will always be my favorite razorback P-47 paint scheme. When I was a kid, that was the most iconic P-47. Everything about it just looked right, with the right shades/hues of olive drab and neutral gray, flat paint, the cool nose art, white cowl ring/tail ID bands, red-outlined mid-'43 insignias, and the greasy/fuel-covered underbelly drop tank. That was back when the late Ray Stutsman owned and flew it, here in the US. Years later it was sold to Doug Arnold in the UK where it was placed into storage until it was sold to The Fighter Collection at Duxford, which performed a complete ground-up restoration on the airframe. Following that restoration, completed in 2012, it was painted as 'Snafu' (which became quite popular, though I feel looked too gaudy). It was sold to Dan Friedkin in late 2013 and brought to Texas, and a couple years ago it was sold again, to Charles Somers in California (and still flown regularly). Over the recent winter months, it was flown to a paint shop in North Dakota (that also painted the razorback P-47 'Bonnie' and the P-51C 'Thunderbird'), where it was completely stripped to bare metal back in January and supposedly now has a new paint scheme that has yet to be revealed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 27245148633_d2559c58df_o.jpg   319706786_738780854337319_155492011708581455_n.jpg   95332461_977296622672540_1635430272512032768_n.jpg   6467782137_60c11e7a76_k.jpg   0939505.jpg   6467768367_31d5bf2871_k.jpg  

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 19-43-34 All sizes P-47G Thunderbolt - Little Demon Flickr - Photo Shar.png   wwii-republic-p47-fighter-airplane-2CT7E8M.jpg  

it's my favorite as well - the P-47 was an incredible airplane from nose to tail.
    If you get a chance to review the series of videos on the P-47 that go with Part 6 that I linked above I recommend it.
    Every aspect of the type is laid out, including the myth about her short range.
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood
    Those last three things of yours happen to me randomly if I fly consecutive flights in MSFS - sometimes even if I use the same plane. I just assumed it was due to the ‘custom code’ some developers use to make special features for their aircraft. It seems not to happen with default planes unless I’m using a mod or non default GPS.
    I haven’t loaded the P-47 in consecutive flights within MSFS yet - or switched to it after a different aircraft - but I would expect to see some issues if I did.
    fwiw I rarely have time for more than one flight at a time so maybe more feedback is needed
    Yes, it could be ... for example, now I have the effect of shooting guns right from the beginning (C&D). Maybe it's because I modified the both cfg files for trim, I didn't change anything else. Strange. So first what should I do now is pressing Ctrl+W. I have to check what going on.

Surely that must be Mr. Little Demon himself.....

How in the world could they decide to mutilate a P-47 cockpit this horrible way ??!! Blasphemy !

I love tandem cockpits you know, T-6, T-33, F-4, F-10X, Draken, Mirages, etc,usw, and so on. But single seat propfighters.... Spitfire...blehh..., P-51...blehh...., and now this magnificent looking P-47.....

Look at this guy.... he looks like a 6 year old sitting behind the back of his older brother on a wooden carousel horse ! Happiest day of his life surely. But a total disgrace and a travesty for a legendary propfighter like the P-47.

Sorry, just don't understand. Is it really so terribly necessary for somebody who obviously doesn't fly propfighters to take a ride in it ??... Have him/her buy a copy of MSFS or DCS and he/she can fly any propfighter to their liking and sit at the proper seat behind the stick, not looking extremely silly behind the back of the pilot. And, most ridiculous of all, ruin the look of what obviously was a perfectly looking P-47 in original condition. I do fear for all other warbirds that are under restoration atm, what if it becomes a trend.... I have three words to say to these amazing restoration community : DON'T DO IT !! A BIG THANK YOU from the warbirdlover community will be your reward !!

As always, a pinch of salt is always welcome..

(sorry John, always wanted to say something about these 'jumpseats' they put in restored propfighters. The photo of this beautifully restored P-47 broke the camels back...Nothing to do with your wonderful photos, screenshot series and great knowledge of the legendary P-47 )

Haha , that cracked me up

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Yes, it could be ... for example, now I have the effect of shooting guns right from the beginning (C&D). Maybe it's because I modified the both cfg files for trim, I didn't change anything else. Strange. So first what should I do now is pressing Ctrl+W. I have to check what going on.

I know why. Rescently I installed Airshow Assistant, here is a problem which affects the AH P-47 model and this animation. Interestingly, there are no wingman ects here. My own plane became glitchy with this software ;>.

@yoyo - this also happened to me first fight in the P-47 after I edited the cfg files to get the aileron trim working and adding Airshow assistant.
    the P-47 spawned with guns blazing.
    I didn’t know if it was the edits (unlikely) or the mod.
    I do know the P-47 doesn’t like the wingman feature- fly too close and you see bits of the LG extended - too far away and the cockpits of the wingmen disappear.
    probably issues more with AH’s LOD’s but it’s a shame.
    Also - my wingman’s plane never landed - it just hovered ten feet off the runway
    enter..the Sandman

I favor the Little Demon scheme as well and hope we see a skin at some point. It was the first airworthy P-47 I saw and a bar-raising restoration in, I believe, 1982, when it took the big prize at Oshkosh. The jumpseat never bothered me, it didn't mess with the lines of the airplane, and they didn't have to cut new holes for windows like they did with the Corsairs. I have it in my head that there was a collapsible structure they could put back there to make it authentic when there was nobody riding in back, but I could be thinking about a different P-47 or who knows, maybe some other type. When you get to be my age it's amazing how you can't recall those details any more.

Those sound like pretty common problems with Airshow Assistant. I think there are always going to be problems with that app, and it will be great when it is working well, so we can accept them.

August

V1.1.0 is out now (or will be shortly). Some issues mentioned here have been addressed, and a new variation added.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    How in the world could they decide to mutilate a P-47 cockpit this horrible way ??!! Blasphemy !
    I love tandem cockpits you know, T-6, T-33, F-4, F-10X, Draken, Mirages, etc,usw, and so on. But single seat propfighters.... Spitfire...blehh..., P-51...blehh...., and now this magnificent looking P-47.....

Look at this guy.... he looks like a 6 year old sitting behind the back of his older brother on a wooden carousel horse ! Happiest day of his life surely. But a total disgrace and a travesty for a legendary propfighter like the P-47.

Sorry, just don't understand. Is it really so terribly necessary for somebody who obviously doesn't fly propfighters to take a ride in it ??... Have him/her buy a copy of MSFS or DCS and he/she can fly any propfighter to their liking and sit at the proper seat behind the stick, not looking extremely silly behind the back of the pilot. And, most ridiculous of all, ruin the look of what obviously was a perfectly looking P-47 in original condition. I do fear for all other warbirds that are under restoration atm, what if it becomes a trend.... I have three words to say to these amazing restoration community : DON'T DO IT !! A BIG THANK YOU from the warbirdlover community will be your reward !!

Jan,

As August has mentioned, the restoration was done back in the very early 1980s, and the photos all date from the 80s and 90s. It was a different era as to what constituted being an authentic restoration. It's said that back then, a warbird was considered authentic if it just had a historically-accurate paint job, and nothing to do with how the inside looked or was configured. Today, the airframe no longer has the jump seat, since when The Fighter Collection re-restored the aircraft in the early 2000s they put the original aft-cockpit structure back in, making it a full single-seater again. The Planes of Fame Air Museum's razorback P-47G has had a jump seat for many years, but recently it underwent a full cockpit restoration to stock, except that they kept the jump seat and added a folding structure to make it look like a fully-stock single seater when they're not making use of the rear seat. Today, the Planes of Fame P-47 is the only Thunderbolt that has a jump seat, and therefore of the roughly 12 airworthy P-47s in the world, theirs is the only one that can provide a flight to a vet or family member of a P-47 pilot, or museum volunteer, etc. I included the close-up photo of the two gentleman in the cockpit because it shows the artwork of the crew names to great advantage (in-case anyone would like to make a repaint of 'Little Demon'). The gentleman seen in the forward cockpit is the late Ray Stutstman, who originally restored the aircraft, and the gentleman in the back seat is Peter Arnold, affectionately known as "Mr. Spitfire", who has been instrumental in many Spitfire recoveries over the past 50+ years (not to mention being famous for having a Spitfire in his home garage).

As an update to my last post, I found out today that, despite having been stripped to bare metal and being repainted, the P-47G 42-25068 (N47FG) will be remaining as 'Snafu' with the new paint, just that it's being redone with better quality.

A full history of the aircraft here: https://www.aerialvisuals.ca/Airfram...p?Serial=36799

I don't want to speak for Jan but I took his mini rant as a tongue in cheek lampoon and not necessarily bitter at all - I could be wrong - the scoreboard says it's usually the case.

Pity it won't be restored to its original Little Demon livery - maybe JanKees (not to point a finger) could decide to do it. That would be monstrously nee demonically appreciated
    enter..the Sandman

Members who have read this thread: 250