Flight Dynamics for Helicopters

Thread: Flight Dynamics for Helicopters

Flight Dynamics for Helicopters

I am trying my hand at my first helicopter, and my first CFS2 aircraft. (I have made a few for FS2002/FS2004.) It is unmanned, and powered by a single gas turbine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrodyne_QH-50

Can someone point me in the right direction regarding flight dynamics. I am currently using Jerry Beckwith's Flight Dynamic Workbook to get me in the ballpark, then either looking at existing aircraft in my hanger and/or tweaking until I get it where I want it.

Many thanks in advance.

-James

Does CFS2 support helicopters? I know CFS3 specifically doesn't.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Does CFS2 support helicopters? I know CFS3 specifically doesn't.
    Yes; I have a MH-68A by Keith Whyte that was originally developed for FS98/CFS1 that works just fine in CFS2.

I hacked up it's files for my project; adding a weapons load of two torpedoes from the Swordfish. (The torpedoes and racks are too long compared to the MK-46 Torpedoes carried by the actual QH-50C; but they will work for the time being.)

My first try at modifing the flight dynamics files worked fairly well; but as the QH-50C approaches zero airspeed, it begins to tumble totally out of control. So, back to the original MH-68A dynamics; they are close enough I will probably leave them as is; and focus on the systems and finishing the visual model instead.

-James

Members who have read this thread: 0