Flight Replicas Mk5 Spitfire released
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 80

Thread: Flight Replicas Mk5 Spitfire released

  1. #1

    Flight Replicas Mk5 Spitfire released

    In the Marketplace, 10.49 for standard, 7.09 for Desert

  2. #2
    SOH-CM-2024
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ringgold, Virginia, United States
    Age
    77
    Posts
    5,656
    I'll see if I can get it from Flight Replicas with weapons.

    Cazzie

  3. #3
    He only sells on the MP sadly, that's why I have no FR aircraft in MSFS...but the MP pictures and blurb show the cannon wing so I think it's slipped through.
    Probably no bomb option though.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    I'm weak and cannot withstand temptation. Forgive me Lord!

    But I will have me some fun after dinner!!!

    Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Waiting for John T's opinion on this one before I buy !!

  8. #8

  9. #9
    The mixture control was removed from later MK.V production.

    Looking fantastic as always from FR, and the best 3D models of Spitfires produced in a Sim to date.

    Cheers

    Paul

  10. #10
    It's hard for me to pick a favorite variant of the Spitfire, but I know for me that nothing tops a clipped-wing Mk.V (a low-back Spitfire Mk.XIV or Mk.XVIII would tie for my other favorites). I've posted some other screenshots in the screenshots thread.
















  11. #11
    It's a pity that its barrels are covered. I think it's about the Marketplace. They have some nonsense policy, as if they wanted to show that there are no wars, no armed conflicts, that everything is nice and beautiful and the world is good and wonderful.
    Where do they live?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

    Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

  12. #12
    Personally, I think it's a neat and authentically-accurate way to skirt the marketplace no-weapons rule. The way these Spitfires are presented is as they would look ready for the next mission, with the cannons (and machine gun ports) taped over to prevent dust/dirt from entering them. Of course once you fired the cannons/machine guns in combat, the first rounds would simply tear straight through the tape (or fabric).




  13. #13
    Yes, I know they were covered with tape, but it looks quite strange. However, the TROP (on your screenshot) version doesn't have a cover, right?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

    Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

  14. #14
    If referring to the RAAF example, it too has tape covering the ends of the cannons (being a Mk.Vc, it has different cannon fairings than those fitted to the Mk.Vb examples).

  15. #15
    I think the real ones were actually covered with adhesive tape to avoid debris entering the barrels. The tape was torn after the first rounds were fired. I'm surprised that the barrels have even been allowed to be shown like they are, a good surprise in this case as we do not get a set of flashlights on the wings!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I think the real ones were actually covered with adhesive tape to avoid debris entering the barrels. The tape was torn after the first rounds were fired. I'm surprised that the barrels have even been allowed to be shown like they are, a good surprise in this case as we do not get a set of flashlights on the wings!
    There have even been some world-class warbird restorations where they have gone to the lengths of adding that extra detail (in the case of US aircraft, original WWII manuals called for the use of 3M Scotch tape, specifically, to cover the ends of the gun barrels, as was done here on Fagen Fighters' P-38):


  17. #17
    I posted a bunch of screens on the official forums, including a couple that have good views of the gun tape on the tropical version. It's done really well, you can see the barrels and it's authentic for the actual service technique.

    I'd repost here, but with their forum software you can blow the pictures up.

    It's absolutely fine and not worth complaining about. This isn't flashlight-for-cannon stuff here.

    Pics on official forum

    Sample:

  18. #18
    Great screenshots, Denny!

  19. #19
    Decided I'd have to add it to my hangar when I saw the screenshots you posted yesterday John. Mikes works is always excellent, but I particularly liked the inclusion in the tropical pack, of the version with the less obtrusive tropical filter (like UF-X above)... but they all look great. Looking forward to having some time to do more flights.

    Matt

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Great screenshots, Denny!
    Back at you, sir!

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    It's hard for me to pick a favorite variant of the Spitfire, but I know for me that nothing tops a clipped-wing Mk.V (a low-back Spitfire Mk.XIV or Mk.XVIII would tie for my other favorites). I've posted some other screenshots in the screenshots thread.

    One of the best ever Spitfire screenshots in all time flight simulation, John.

    I hope you don't mind that i have to disagree regarding the clipped wing MK.V. I have always thought that particularly the original, immensly beautiful elliptical wing is the main reason that the Spitfire became known as the most beautiful propfighter ever. I thought clipping its wings was almost criminal (pinch of salt please ;-). No offense, my friend. My first line here still stands of course.

  22. #22
    Thank you, Jan. I think it's just that the clipped wings make it look more business-like/brutish, compared to the more elegant lines of the full-span wing tips, and therefore I've always thought it was a neat look. I certainly count myself in the minority with regards to preferring the clipped-wing look. This video from 1996 just popped up again recently on Facebook, of Andy Sephton talking through a flying display in the Shuttleworth Collection's Spitfire Mk.V AR501 at Old Warden (back when it sported clipped wings), and he mentions about trying not to show off too much of the wing plan-view during his display due to the clipped wings making it a bit "ugly", in his words: https://fb.watch/r8cM25nPql/

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Thank you, Jan. I think it's just that the clipped wings make it look more business-like/brutish, compared to the more elegant lines of the full-span wing tips, and therefore I've always thought it was a neat look. I certainly count myself in the minority with regards to preferring the clipped-wing look. This video from 1996 just popped up again recently on Facebook, of Andy Sephton talking through a flying display in the Shuttleworth Collection's Spitfire Mk.V AR501 at Old Warden (back when it sported clipped wings), and he mentions about trying not to show off too much of the wing plan-view during his display due to the clipped wings making it a bit "ugly", in his words: https://fb.watch/r8cM25nPql/
    I concur with John. To me the clipped wings make the plane look more modern, for lack of a better word.

    Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post

    Where can I set the blue marker if I use the cursor?

    By the way, the switches in the Tropical version don't work for me
    I hear it, but it won't move
    more precisely, there are times when it works
    Last edited by ZsoltB; March 31st, 2024 at 00:28.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

  25. #25
    If were taking a minute to conduct a poll on clipped wings vs full elliptical wings on the Spitfire (or Jug)
    Ill vote full elliptical every time.
    that said FR does the Spitfire justice and more. This is another Beauty
    enter..the Sandman

    visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 211

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •