Alpha60 (Freeware) Rafale

Thread: Alpha60 (Freeware) Rafale

Blog Entries

Alpha60 (Freeware) Rafale

Discovered this lovely gem in my quest to uncover carrier ops options in MSFS. I’m sure most know of it, but just in case: https://flightsim.to/file/17785/dassault-rafale-m

Looks good and I like the weight-specified load out options. What’s odd is a strange roll instability right before around V1-90 or so kts all the way through rotation and up to about 200kts. And in reverse - on landing, about 140 kts down to around 80 kts. I’ve consciously ensured it’s a balanced fuel and stores load out. Happens irrespective of clean or with (balanced) stores. The instability is a roll to right, as if the plane was wildly loaded too heavily on the starboard side.

My flight settings are to “hard”. Anyone else found this behaviour?

Additionally, I can’t find either Hyeres or Landvisau bases from which to fly. Any leads would be good.

Finally, the Miltech CDG carrier. Good and worth the price? I remain (and still fly in P3Dv4) all the RFN boats-they’re my standard of excellence for French naval carrier aviation.

Thx!

Hello delta_lima,
    You will find a nice freeware version of NAS Hyères here (and you have also the Cuers one which is located just a few miles to the North):
    https://restauravia.fr/ms-flight-simulator
    Cheers,

Stéph;

DL,

I have the Supercarrier Pro package and I am very pleased with it!

Cees

Blog Entries
    Thanks Steph - nice to see some other lovely gems I enjoyed from Restauravia (MS Paris) now available in this sim. Thanks for the endorsement Cees.

Anyone have the right roll issue I’m seeing?

Members who have read this thread: 141