Qmoon saloon

Thread: Qmoon saloon

Qmoon saloon

Hey All,

Qmoon saloon has been offline for about 3 weeks. Anybody know what's up?

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

From the looks of it the domain name has expired.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Hey All,

I was wondering if something happened to toast or something. Maybe it'll be back...

-Ed-
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

I was wondering if something happened to toast or something. Maybe it'll be back...

-Ed-
    It's back here in part - Check out 'Canelo's Cantina' here....

(I am assuming I can post this here, as he asked that it be forwarded to anyone I had the address for - which I don't)

Per Toastmaker:

Dear Members - unfortunately, Quarter Moon Saloon has been permanently erased from the internet with no possibility of restoring it from any memory system at the hosting company, Hostgator. Their technicians cannot, or will not tell me how or why this happened, except to state that they cannot restore any files other than index files.

I now have to decide if I even want to re-initiate this website via a different hosting company. Actually - anyone else, member or not - could do so if they wanted to with zero objections from me. The name of the site will be free for anyone to use, if wanted. If I chose to try this site creation again - I'll let you know. If I hear of a new iteration of it coming into existence, I'll let you know also.

I'm sorry that this has happened. I am furious and hurtfully disappointed at the loss of this site and know how disappointing this is to members, but it appears there is no way to repair this, apart from creating a new website.

I hope to see our members again on a site somewhere, somehow in the near future - best regards, (PS: I am sending this out to all members that I can reach via internet. If you have contact with any, it would be a great service to them if you could do so also by way of explanation. Thanks )

Don Rozar
    "Toastmaker"

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
    (I am assuming I can post this here, as he asked that it be forwarded to anyone I had the address for - which I don't)

Per Toastmaker:
    Tell Toast (and yourself) to c'mon down to Canelo's Cantina here....

Hey All,

Thank you Ack! Good to at least understand the situation instead of existing in limbo...

-Ed-

I saw this once before with another site I frequented. Hosting company lost a drive and had not been doing the backups they claimed they were doing.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Charter Member 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    I saw this once before with another site I frequented. Hosting company lost a drive and had not been doing the backups they claimed they were doing.
    Yes, I've been suspecting something about like that from the hosting company also - as they are very evasive about how this erasure could have happened, and why no restore is possible from their backup storage . . !

If I may - thanks AckAck for bringing the message over here. It is not really likely that this site (QMS) will be re initiated by me on another hosting site. Maybe someone else will want to do so and as I mentioned, the Quarter Moon Saloon name is free for the taking.

Thanks to all of you here at SOH for your years of visits and contributions to the dialog . . .

PS: if anyone wants to communicate with me about this, or anything else, best to use my e-mail: donrozar@hotmail.com .
    "Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

Members who have read this thread: 81