Carenado Arrow for FSX
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carenado Arrow for FSX

Tom Constantine
    -------------------
    TOH Forums
    http://mainescenery.proboards.com/

Woot!!! Thanks for the HU. Been waiting for this one since it was announced.

Downloading now! :ernae:

First impressions are that it is another excellent release from Carenado. The flight modeling feels right for a T tail. She's got a perfect soundset that just purrs on my new speakers. The highlight is probably the external model and texturing. It looks great. The VC textures are a little blurry but that's what you get when you do photoreal, unless it is super high resolution.

Now its time to jam my GNS430W into it

gajit
    Thanks for the HU. Been waiting for ages and even checked a few hours ago. Downloading now.:ernae:

And you can bank on Carenado to make a decent product.

Downloaded ! :woot:

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

6297J
    :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Lend me 20 quid Gajit :kiss:

Knowing its a T-tail and all... isnt it a bit tale heavy even at higher speeds?
    But holy****.. it sure looks and sounds amazing

Quote Originally Posted by 6297J View Post
    Lend me 20 quid Gajit :kiss:
    And me!

Got it - first flight soon - why in the heck am I here talking about it? :welcome:

Glenn

Wow, I think I have a new favorite plane. This is a beauty!

Jim

Is there separate VC lighting for flood lights vs intrsument lights?

The other Carenado planes apparently only have 1 set of interior cockpit lights

Please post night VC shots thanks, also, can you delete the reflections on the glass - I hate that

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Is there separate VC lighting for flood lights vs intrsument lights?

The other Carenado planes apparently only have 1 set of interior cockpit lights

Please post night VC shots thanks, also, can you delete the reflections on the glass - I hate that
    Hi Ryanbatc

I dont know about the reflections as I love them - makes it far more real than having no glass in the windows. I have never flown a real AC that does not have scatches and stains on the glazing - even new PC-12s

See the attached -yes they have put in instrument and panel lighting separate. :friday: Ah - just found that the panel lights are connected to landing light.

WOW! That's incredible detail!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

I have a little over an hour in it now. No squawks, only raves. By now, we know what to expect from Carenado. If anything, they have outdone themselves. It's pretty in all axes - graphics and physics. It's just plane (umm, yeah, I mean that) fun.

Glenn

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by Yxin View Post
    Knowing its a T-tail and all... isnt it a bit tale heavy even at higher speeds?
    But holy****.. it sure looks and sounds amazing

It should be nose heavy and grossly underpowered. The T-tail piper arrow is one of the biggest pieces of Sh$T ever made, but I'll probably buy this if only because they have a soft spot in my heart. I have TONS of hours in this aircraft.

I've already got my eye on some nice repaints. I'll look into the textures tomorrow after I've done some homework.

Carenado has been known to make their planes unnecessarily difficult to paint. Hopefully the Arrow is a little better.

Stay tuned (Gotta upload those F-16 paints too... I forgot :redf

tigisfat
    that autopilot sure isn't authentic at all.

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    Agreed - it works but that is it.

Im still loving the cockpit textures. And so great to have excessive frame rates.

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    If you own the old FS2002 Dreamfleet Archer you can use that authentic AP with the Carenado Arrow :ernae:
    Besides that, and I've posted this elsewhere as well, I'm a little disappointed the radiostack is exactly the same as in their Mooney and even the Cessna U206G. But she sure looks good despite that.
    Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Did someone else notice those "lines" ? Where did they come from ? I am a little disappointed about those "bugs" in the exterior-textures. They did a wunderfull job at the Cessna 152 - why not here ?

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Did someone else notice those "lines" ? Where did they come from ? I am a little disappointed about those "bugs" in the exterior-textures. They did a wunderfull job at the Cessna 152 - why not here ?

Hi Fireball

I dont have those lines on mine and cant find much in the way of texture issues.

Hi gajit - thanks for your reply - just back from a check-flight with the arrow - try with and without selfshaddowing - just the same result - this plane has "stripes" at all 4 Paints - the Cessna 172 and the Cessna 152 not. Wonder why?

The only nit I have to pick with the Arrow so far is the click spots for the knobs are very small and not necessarily where you'd expect them to be. I've been fooling around with X-Plane and like their way for manipulating twist knobs much better.

I made a change to the aircraft.cfg in the Arrow. When I checked in with ATC, it said the plane was type Piper. In the aircraft.cfg file, ATC type is Piper and ATC model is PA-28. I changed ATC model to Arrow. Now when it checks in with ATC it says type Piper Arrow which is much cooler.

I have EditVoicePack installed and guess you probably need it for this change.

Jim

Yeahhhhh - I found the "stripes" - they are in the Alpha-Layer of the arrowceiling.bump.
    I will ask Carenado for help - hope they can delete them if I do, I get a different alpha-texture after editing them.

Charter Member 2015
    Very very nice in every respect. I don't get the "stripe" on top and the VC is perfect, no blurs? The AP also works fine too? I did an ILS touch and go approach and all went as expected. Mmmmmm.. I downloaded it today so I don't know if I got a different package? Also when I installed It I shut off all other running programs including AVG.... At any rate could not ask for a better GP aircraft.. It will be one of, if not my best, GP plane. :typing: I've yet to get their Mentor. I think next month I'll get me that one too..

David :wave:

Edit: PS: Best FPS payware I"ve ever had!

Members who have read this thread: 2