Misty

Thread: Misty

Members +

Misty

I wonder if there are anyone that still remembers Misty Moorings & Misty Fjords?
    I had forgotten what fun they are to fly in, & after many years, I've reinstalled them.

All good, except in 'Misty's Place' & another field that I just cannot remember, I've got what can be described as tank farms lining the runway.
    These, I'm sure, should be trees. Anyone come up against this?
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

I remember those and you're right, they were fun. Flying low and slow was enjoyable.

Still there, https://return.mistymoorings.com/
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Members +
    My mistake, the error message I'm getting is from the Flying M airstrip, that's from Georender 1, I'm sure. The trees look like white blocks, with trees superimposed on it.

I've really gone overboard, with Emma Field, Misty, all the Georender packs & Glacier Bay.
    It really makes for some nice flying. Something to explore, if you not into the usual point to point flying.
    Oh, I've also added all of The Ford Tri-Motor Project scenery, as well as Bill Lyons's packages., so I'm having so much fun again, with VFR flying & exploring.
    That's my Silver Wings install!!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    My mistake, the error message I'm getting is from the Flying M airstrip, that's from Georender 1, I'm sure. The trees look like white blocks, with trees superimposed on it.

I've really gone overboard, with Emma Field, Misty, all the Georender packs & Glacier Bay.
    It really makes for some nice flying. Something to explore, if you not into the usual point to point flying.
    Oh, I've also added all of The Ford Tri-Motor Project scenery, as well as Bill Lyons's packages., so I'm having so much fun again, with VFR flying & exploring.
    That's my Silver Wings install!!

Robin, that sounds like they wanted to add some 3D trees the hard way.
    Have you tried running DxtFixerX on the textures? I'm betting the alpha channels are screwed up.

Members +
    Thanks, I'll give that a try a bit later & let you know how it goes.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Members +
    No luck, after running it.
    This is what I get..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trees.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	93435
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Icon5

Robin,
    As S says it's just the format that's wrong or missing an alpha channel. Can you attach one of the textures, so I/we can take a look?

Cheers

Shessi

I found this on a forum back in the day (not this one, but forget were, it was legit, Panther was in there, it was him who gave me the two seater Gina update), you could try it. It may or may not be official which is why I didn't include it in my uploaded updates.

Update to v2.02.7z

It kinda looks legit as all the original readmes seem to be present, looks like a repack by someone as it doesn't follow the usual update nomenclature.

Members +
    Thanks, I'll give that a try & let you guys know. It's well after midnight here in Cape Town, So, in a couple of hours then.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Members +
    Nope, that update did not work.
    I checked my sceneries, and I'm getting those tree boxes only at Flying M strip, from Lago's Georender 1
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Just checked mine and it all good. Maybe I fixed it way back when and have forgotten how (highly likely). Back up you FS9/lago/Georender1/texture folder and try mine?
    Attached Files Attached Files

These sceneries are still some of the best I have encountered in FS9, Mr. $million burger created some genius stuff. If you have Lago FSE installed you get some lovely ambient noises with these sceneries.

Members +
    Now I'm really pulling my hair out (the little I have left!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-16 084953.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	209.9 KB 
ID:	93469
    A bit later (after posting the above)
    After much switching scenery into or out of the sim, I've found that it's NOT the Georender 1 Flying M scenery thats at fault, but it's the Bryce Canyon scenery from Georender 2 thats causing the block issue. When I deactivate Bryce, then Flying M from Georender 1 looses it's blocks.
    Last edited by zswobbie1; March 16th, 2024 at 00:17.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

I started out with FlightSim doing the Bush Pilot thing around the Inside Passage and flying for the old Bush Flying Unlimited (BFU) and Alaskan Winds (AW). Loaded up as much Freeware scenery I could find to populate the 'area', and had an absolute blast flying around there. By that time the Lago add ons were long unavailable; I would have liked to use their Scenery especially the 'Emma Field' stuff.

I need to revisit those places in the Sim again...

I've read about a known problem just now with Georender 1 that only happens in winter. Have you tried a different season?

Members +
    I've tried the different seasons at Flying M, and it's perfect, as long as I keep Bryce Canyon, from Georender 2, deactivated.
    When I do activate Bryce, whatever the season, I get those corrupted trees at Flying M.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Lightbulb

Hello,

I would have liked to use their Scenery especially the 'Emma Field' stuff.
    Check your PM box

Regards.

Members who have read this thread: 88