strange traffic.

Thread: strange traffic.

strange traffic.

This is something that has been going on for some time now. The only addon for traffic i use is Fsltl and i don't even use it that much tbh.
    But even with Fsltl nor started , my airfields are crowded with random GA traffic wich are taken from my community-folder. Even if the "istraffic" option in the config is switched off.
    This isn't a big problem on small airfields but on larger airports , it is a big hit on performance.
    Does anybody have an idea what could be causing this?
    Example : I just landed at Kufstein airfield and a Dutch Harrier was parked there. (wich is weird enough on its own lol)
    snap03351 by Danny Best, on Flickr

A very common problem, which is usually caused by two aircraft.cfg entries where present:

isAirTraffic=1
    canBeUsedByAITraffic=1

These entries will appear in all [FLTSIM.xx] sections for each aircraft, so check them all and change them to:

isAirTraffic=0
    canBeUsedByAITraffic=0

Thanks for the reply , Tiger.
    That Dutch navy repaint for the harrier is a repaint made by Jankees.
    I checked the aircraft.cfg and the isairtraffic=0 is there.
    The other one isn't so that isn't the cause.

This is the entry from the SDK for reference:
    Notes On Air Traffic

Setting either the isAirTraffic or the canBeUsedByAITraffic flags to TRUE (1) allows the game to use that variation of an aircraft as a parked (grounded) passive aircraft, and potentially as a part of the "Real Online" air traffic. However, note that if a plane variation is marked as isAirTraffic, it should be an optimized variation with a lower level of detail, and therefore it should also be marked as "isUserSelectable=0". The following rules apply to these two parameters for air traffic:

an aircraft with canBeUsedByAITraffic=1 and isAirTraffic=1 will appear in the game as parked aircraft - depending on parking spot compatibility like wingspan - if the user sets the traffic type to "Real Online" in the Microsoft Flight Simulator options. These aircraft will be preferred over aircraft flagged with isAirTraffic=0.

an aircraft with canBeUsedByAITraffic=1 and isAirTraffic=0 is the same as above, except that the aircraft will only be used when the "Use Only Generic" option is switched OFF by the user in the Microsoft Flight Simulator options.

an aircraft with canBeUsedByAITraffic=0 and isAirTraffic=1 will not be used by parked aircraft or AI offline air traffic, and can only be used by real-time online air traffic (but only if the corresponding aircraft actually flies in real life) and only if multiplayer (ie: some other player uses a corresponding aircraft).

an aircraft with canBeUsedByAITraffic=0 and isAirTraffic=0 is the same as above, but only if the "Use Only Generic" option is switched OFF by the user in the Microsoft Flight Simulator options. In these cases, the aircraft will rarely be seen at all, outside of your own use (assuming it's user selectable).

Harrier looks nice!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 93