Jordan Moore Helicopters

Thread: Jordan Moore Helicopters

Jordan Moore Helicopters

Does anyone know where I can download Jordan Moore's Helicopters since Hovercraft site passed away?

TSquare

As far as I know you will have to search the various download sites unless someone here has a collection.

normb

Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

In particular I am looking for Jordan Moore's Bell 212 for FSX

TSquare

HoverControl disappeared in 2018. Here is a nice story about Jordan Moore and his HC412 project:
    https://www.helisimmer.com/editorial...e-hovercontrol

The original HC412 installer from 2011 seems to be still downloadable indeed, thanks to the Wayback Machine:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20170613...ol_Helicopters

It's a very nice port-over, and still works fine in my old FSX Acceleration setup:

The HoverControl Bell 212 is basically a 412 with only one engine. The VC is exactly the same... Not sure where to download this 212...

The former Milviz/Nemeth UH-1 Huey, now freeware thanks to Blackbird Simulations, is available for P3D... If you trick the installer to install it anyway for FSX (by putting a fake P3D.exe file in a temp folder) if works somewhat, but with no doors and no crew... It's probably an issue with P3D-only dll files... Too bad, it looks promising... Anybody knows how to fix this? Where to find the correct dlls?
    https://blackbirdsims.com/flight/freebies.php

Edit: an earlier version for FSX is available here:
    https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...=1#post1309928
    Last edited by vonstroheim; March 10th, 2024 at 15:55.

Icon9

No luck so far for B 212. Still looking !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Hovercontrol (Jordan Moore) never made a Bell 212, I did the conversion of his 412 to 212 and you can find it on Avsim using my name (George Arana). There's 2 packs, make sure to grab both

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    The former Milviz/Nemeth UH-1 Huey, now freeware thanks to Blackbird Simulations, is available for P3D... If you trick the installer to install it anyway for FSX (by putting a fake P3D.exe file in a temp folder) if works somewhat, but with no doors and no crew... It's probably an issue with P3D-only dll files... Too bad, it looks promising... Anybody knows how to fix this? Where to find the correct dlls?
    The Milviz Huey needs an external program to "configure" your model, i.e choose which optional parts should appear. This includes the doors and the passengers. It was called MVAMS.exe or something like that.

There are indeed two packs created by George Arana at AvSim but they are for FS9. As I said before, there is an FSX conversion at SimViation iif you bother to look for it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The Milviz Huey needs an external program to "configure" your model, i.e choose which optional parts should appear. This includes the doors and the passengers. It was called MVAMS.exe or something like that.
    Thanks Daube! Yes the MVAMS is needed to show doors, crew, etc... If works fine now since I found the correct dll for FSX in an older Milviz installer.

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    Hovercontrol (Jordan Moore) never made a Bell 212, I did the conversion of his 412 to 212 and you can find it on Avsim using my name (George Arana). There's 2 packs, make sure to grab both
    Thanks George, but I'm looking hard too for this HC212, but all I can find in the usual places is FS9 or P3D versions, no FSX version (native or portover). Maybe we're not looking hard enough... Help!

PS: I was wrong, a Bell 212 is a 412 with 2 propeller blades instead of 4, both are twin turbines. The Bell UH-1 (Huey) has only one turbine and 2 propeller blades.
    Last edited by vonstroheim; March 12th, 2024 at 16:41.

euroastar350, did you also make the 210 model? While I spent alot of time is many of J. Moore's helos, his 412 was payware quality and I kept it even after purchasing the Cerasim 212 for my USMC UH-1N flying.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    euroastar350, did you also make the 210 model? While I spent alot of time is many of J. Moore's helos, his 412 was payware quality and I kept it even after purchasing the Cerasim 212 for my USMC UH-1N flying.
    Bell 210 was mine as well. The 210, 212 and 412ER aren't native to FSX. The 212 was converted (with my permission) for P3DV4 by Simulated Air Tanker Operations and can be found on simviation.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations (Brandon Filer + George Arana aka euroastar350) and Simulated Air Tanker Operations (scorch00) indeed made a 212 and a 412 for P3D.

It's also HERE in the SOH library.

With McX and no tweeking at all, I could convert the "Fire 212" model from P3D to native FSX, but there is a lot of issues, probably no big deal for a developper, but major headache for me: transparency issues, prop shadows, floating seats, animation bugs, to name a few. But it looks good! This one has a belly tank... could be easily removed if necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    There are indeed two packs created by George Arana at AvSim but they are for FS9. As I said before, there is an FSX conversion at SimViation iif you bother to look for it...
    Do you have a file name or a link for this FSX conversion at SimViation?
    Last edited by vonstroheim; March 14th, 2024 at 15:18.

Members who have read this thread: 118