Miltech Simulations CH-47 Released (Mar 8) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miltech Simulations CH-47 Released (Mar 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

This concludes my short lecture on fixed wing pilots'- versus rotary wing pilots' head gear.
    It also annoyed me that, for example, in the Local Legend series, old planes were flown, dating back to before World War II, and the pilot was a modern guy with a baseball cap. It spoiled the immersion. It's a detail, but still. Then I stopped buying old Local Legends because of it. Now there is a little more choice in 3D model of pilots, but there are still not all, although general, types.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    It also annoyed me that, for example, in the Local Legend series, old planes were flown, dating back to before World War II, and the pilot was a modern guy with a baseball cap. It spoiled the immersion. It's a detail, but still. Then I stopped buying old Local Legends because of it. Now there is a little more choice in 3D model of pilots, but there are still not all, although general, types.
    That's the crux using MSFS in my opinion. You only can use warbirds as Air Show highlights, for example very good for Duxford. That will be fun for sure and the pilots have their right to exist.
    But as soon as you will use aircraft in former eras, you can't change anything.
    Until P3d (don't know about XPlane...), you could prevent some appearances of modern landscape objects, for example lots of modern objects like wind turbines or anything like that. Impossible with MSFS to my knowledge.

One of the reasons I am still happy with P3D, because I am a fan of the cold war era flying Harriers, F-104, Phantoms etc in their real habitat.

I would stop buying your Local Legends, because I think being the star of a great Air Show and doing the great movements can more than compensate for your disappointment. In reality, there are loooooots of great flying displays of the warbirds, and it is still stunning watching them! Hope you can see it from this perspective....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    That's the crux using MSFS in my opinion...
    Well, not really, to some extent it is possible. Im a user of the 1935 Series from Red wings and it gives a great atmosphere of the 1930s and 1940s. I really like this period, both in civilian aircraft, aviation pioneers and warbirds. I use Addon Linker (https://pl.flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker) and I have a version of MSFS created, let's say for "these years" - it removes all modern planes, etc. with one click (preset) and leaves only the older ones. Same with sceneries. Additionally, the 1935 version reflects and removes what you are writing about, i.e. modern objects such as turbines, etc. (although of course they leave a shadow on the texture). As for the removal of turbines, it can only be done in selected areas, not globally. Now there is Germany, France, USA soon. The same can also be done, let's say, during the Cold War (if you don't want, for example, other AIs to appear at airports), it will even be easier here. One click - preset - present time - and I have modern times with turbines, etc. Ok, but its a different topic, not about CH47D .

Btw. + also mod (no more yellow jackets, fits better with older planes, sceneries)
    https://i.imgur.com/PTuex3z.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/3t9YawI.jpg
    Last edited by YoYo; March 12th, 2024 at 08:57.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Oh, thanks a lot, YoYo. Good to know, never thought this would be possible because owed to the immense online priority. It's cool to hear there are options to make some custom settings.

And you are right, this is not a MSFS setting thread, sorry to all. I agree, back to topic
    Best regards, Manfred.

Chinook is present in ORBX store from now:
    https://orbxdirect.com/product/miltech-ch47d-msfs .

Quite a bit more expensive for UK buyers...but at least doesn't need the contrail app...

Bonjour YoYo, and do you possibly happen to know anything about this lovely RAF B.E.2 ...? (you simply cannot post links to WIP shots of lovely aeroplanes without one or two fanatics asking about it..Even when it's totally off topic. Sorry bout that.. ) Obviously it's WIP but do you know le createur perhaps so we can keep an eye on it ?..

Merci bien!

Thanks and finally purchased. Watched the review from IRL Hooker and can see some of the issues he mentioned prior to the latest update. As some of the avionics are the same to my former ride (UH-60A/L), I checked those out after running the full start up. Looking over some older manuals I found the ND FSX model and noticed the cockpit looks similar to this version, hmm. As mentioned before, the included missions and sling loads make this a great add on, allowing one to use the aircraft as it was designed in MSFS. Look forward to the FM updates with SU15.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Bonjour YoYo ...
    I have to worry you, this is just an AI traffic from the Red Wings 1935 package, it replaces the default, modern traffic with one from before the 2WW.

I have to worry you, this is just an AI traffic from the Red Wings 1935 package, it replaces the default, modern traffic with one from before the 2WW.
    Ok, merci YoYo. Not worried but t'is a bummer alright. Would've loved a good looking B.E.2 and this one seems to look very nice. I'll look for that Red Wing 1935 pack. I already have some of their interbellum scenery stuff and like it very much. As Red Wings offers a LOT of 1935 stuff would you be so kind and let me know which of the packages features the B.E.2 as AI ?

Thanks very much!

(again excuse this being off topic)

Ok, merci YoYo. Not worried but t'is a bummer alright. Would've loved a good looking B.E.2 and this one seems to look very nice. I'll look for that Red Wing 1935 pack. I already have some of their interbellum scenery stuff and like it very much. As Red Wings offers a LOT of 1935 stuff would you be so kind and let me know which of the packages features the B.E.2 as AI ?

Thanks very much!

(again excuse this being off topic)
    Any bigger package, France, Germany or USA but from the global ones, changes the default traffic to the one from the interwar period, see this:

https://redwing-copter.com/project-germany-1935/
    https://redwing-copter.com/project-france-1935/
    + USA 1935

(all Marketplace only).

New liverys of mine are available.

Chinook8 by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr
    It shows US Army CH-47F 15-08176 of 1st Battalion, 214th Aviation Regiment, 12th Combat Aviation Brigade with c/n M.8176 in its standard Woodland Desert Sage paint scheme. Helicopter is based at Katterbach AAF/Germany.

80+04_1 by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr
    It shows fictitious CH-47F 80+04. 60 Boeing CH-47F were ordered by the German Airforce and to be delivered by 2030.

https://www.flightsim.com/profile/58...downloads_file

Thomas

Interesting and quite detailed review video by a current US Army CH-47F pilot.

He describes the external model as "cartoonish" which is about where I am on this one at the moment.

Real CH-47 Pilot Reviews the Miltech CH-47D | In Depth First Impressions | MSFS - YouTube

Absolutly stunning video. And he is right. Cartoonish sounds first hard. But I have an idea what 47Driver means. Look to the missing antennas - not only the missing HF-antenna on the left fuselage. A CH-47D had much more. Even civilian variants. Also rotor head and the disk with running engines. It could be made much better without doing new stuff.

Anyway, the Miltech CH-47D is not bad, I have a lot of fun flying it in MSFS. And the prize is really fair. You get a lot - aircraft, repaints, missions and sceneries. But I wish little better and acurate systems and better exterior models.

Thomas

Any bigger package, France, Germany or USA but from the global ones, changes the default traffic to the one from the interwar period, see this(all Marketplace only).
    Thanks very much YoYo, that looks très magnifique ! I only bought some of the 1935 airfields to go with the Goliath i will certainly buy the bigger packs too now. Thanks much again !

V1.0.2 - PLANNED March 20, 2024

• Further adjustments to downwash effects. Effect is now more visible with no additional performance impact.
    • OSPD Switch fixed to spring loaded 3-positon
    • APU and Generator switches now have a spring-loaded test position
    • APU is no longer on the test position on C&D
    • Fuel Slider prevented going to 0 to avoid engine failure.
    • Altimeter Drum fixes
    • Pilot models replaced by custom models. FPS issues related to broken pilot animations fixed.
    • ADF Bug on the rightmost drum fixed.
    • Added new buildings to RAF Odiham
    • Improved memory consumption and performance on included custom airports.
    • Option to hide rearview mirror added to EFB.
    • Option to fold seats added to EFB.
    • Documentation link and QR code added directly to EFB.
    • Rotor blade animations improved
    • Aera GPS can now be moved to glareshield position, center console position is still available.
    • Water drop from bucket now possible outside missions with keybind TOGGLE WATER RUDDER
      (More changes to be added before update is released)

Thx for info!

V1.0.2 is out. I got it from Contrail.

Avatars by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr

With new pilots. But not as avatars. They are fixed to model.

Thomas

So problem solved !

Members who have read this thread: 209