Wewak area scenery UT

Thread: Wewak area scenery UT

Wewak area scenery UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: Wewak Scenery for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is a reworking of the stock sceneries for the area at the NE end of PNG, from Awar westwards as far as But. It is designed for use with Rhumbas mesh, but the scenery excludes provided should mean this works well in a stock mesh install too.
    This scenery builds on & extends the areas covered in my previous PNG sceneries, but it should work as a stand-alone scenery as well.

Contents:
    New Ground2K scenery for each, including fringing reefs.
    New airbase scenery, made using FSSC.
    New gsl infrastructure.
    New custom Landclass & Waterclass.
    Some simple missions using the stock F4U-1A Corsair for viewing the gsl airbases & scenery

The base scenery is as developed through to mid-1943, & the base gsl reflects this.

Known conflicts:
    Installing this scenery pack will require the archiving of some the airbases from Pen2win's AF Papua New Guinea scenery.
    AF_PNG
    ======
    PNG_Boram airbase is replaced by a new airstrip.
    PNG_Wewak-Wirui airbase is replaced by a new airstrip.
    PNG_But East-Dagua airbase is replaced by a new airstrip.
    PNG_But West airbase is replaced by a new airstrip.

Until the middle of 1943, apart from the established airdrome at Wewak, much of the area was only covered by a small number of small grass fields, mainly used pre-WW2 in support of the church missions & plantation operations.
    In early '43 the Japanese began expanding Wewak & improving the 1937 runway at But, & commenced development at Dagua & Boram. All these locations came under Allied air attacks almost straight away, & all fields were pretty much complete by the middle of the year. So in this pack we have a single gsl option, depicting the fields during the period they were fought over.

I did add a few other small strips for historical interest.

Credits
    Thanks to:
    Jean Bomber for his inspiration, advice & support. He talked me through getting to grips with G2K & more…
    Maskrider for all his airbase packages & the blended airbase tutorial. This set the standard for airbase sceneries for the game.
    Rhumbaflappy for the new more accurate world mesh – it was a desire to make best use of this development that is the driver for many of my scenery projects. He also developed the vtp1 fixer programme to fix display errors in vtp bgls compiled from Ground2K.
    GavinC for his reworking of the stock airbases, making individual base reworking/ revision much easier
    Shessi for his water textures, that were the inspiration for my reworking of Jimkos Pacific Blues, & indirectly lead me to develop this latest set of water textures.
    Lindsay Watt for all of his scenery objects & innovations.
    Wolfi for his scenery objects.
    Xavier for all his scenery objects & airbase sceneries, opening up a larger world for us all to fly in
    Martin Wright for all the various software tools that are so useful!
    Russell Dirks for his EZ landclass programme, making large scale land/ water class adjustments possible
    Christian Fumey for his excl8 & Ground2K programmes, making the creation of completely new scenery possible for CFS2.

FEB2024

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Wewak area scenery UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks for this nice scenery and upgrade Uncle, quite amazing when you think about the age of this game.

UncleTgt is amazing for what he can accomplish. Thanks John.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thank you very much, UT for this beautiful addition!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Just beautiful! That trip up Ramu river was really nice.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Hi UncleTgt
    Superb!
    Brilliant textures.
    Thanks for these.
    Cheers
    Stuart

I am speechless! Thank you Uncle Tgt.

msfossey

Thanks UT!

From what I can see, the last AF PNG field that I have left active is PNG_Tadji. Everything else is archived.

Thank you, John, great job as always! I will soon put the scenery to good use. 😎

Blog Entries
    Thank you very much, UT for this beautiful scenery and upgrade
    Beepee

Woohoo, luv it.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Library Staff
    Just installed the new scenery and it looks fabulous - thanks very much John!
    Cheers,
    Kev

Members who have read this thread: 53