Houston, we have a problem.

Thread: Houston, we have a problem.

SOH-CM-2024

Houston, we have a problem.

Well, not really, but when I load a flight from Dobbins AFB in Smyrna, GA, the MSFS map shows the new Atlanta Braves ballpark, Truist Park, they no longer play at Turner Field, that has been converted to Georgia State's football field. The football field shows in the MSFS map., yet it's still a ball park when you fly. How often do Asobo and MSFS update their map when flying? If it appears in the map in the Sim, it should be there when you're flying!

Cazzie

Attachment 93360

Attachment 93361

This has been a bone of contention since day one. There are roads around KGSO in the real world that have been there for a decade that are missing from the sim. The funny part is that if you take the drone camera and fly out to where the roads are supposed to be, you'll find cars driving on the grass and dirt where the roads are supposed to be.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

That's more like Google (in this case Bing) to blame than MSAsobo, right ?... I can walk thru my own street, see my own house, and in front of it there's my old car i sold 10 years ago...

Other neighboring parts of my village that got completely re-newed during the last couple of years do show up on GoogleMaps allright. I guess i must've lived in the boondocks then..

The regular Bing Maps aerial imagery is updated regularly (especially in the US). Any time MS gains access to new aerial imagery they inject it into the sim. It's the photogrammetry cities which are not updated, unless covered in a World or City update. Unfortunately, the majority of the US photogrammetry is now about 10-years old (as is also the case where I live).

If you turn off the photogrammetry, you'll see the stadium (though of course no 3D representation), as well as all of the other new buildings and infrastructure that's been built since the time the photogrammetry data was collected.

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    The regular Bing Maps aerial imagery is updated regularly (especially in the US). Any time MS gains access to new aerial imagery they inject it into the sim. It's the photogrammetry cities which are not updated, unless covered in a World or City update. Unfortunately, the majority of the US photogrammetry is now about 10-years old (as is also the case where I live).

If you turn off the photogrammetry, you'll see the stadium (though of course no 3D representation), as well as all of the other new buildings and infrastructure that's been built since the time the photogrammetry data was collected.
    Ta Da! Thanks Bomber, that explains it. Time for Asobo/MS to get off their buttocks and catch up on the times with their flight sim scenery.

Cazzie

Members who have read this thread: 138