Dove for sale! 544 careful owners

Thread: Dove for sale! 544 careful owners

Hybrid View

Just thinking aloud here... and I may just be mistaken, or it could just be user error... and frankly I've been spending more time repainting than flying... but I could swear that since the engine update engaging Alt with the autopilot no longer maintains altitude (and in my case starts diving for the ground)???

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by spatialpro View Post
    Just thinking aloud here... and I may just be mistaken, or it could just be user error... and frankly I've been spending more time repainting than flying... but I could swear that since the engine update engaging Alt with the autopilot no longer maintains altitude (and in my case starts diving for the ground)???
    ALt HLD via AP is working ok on my sim.
    One of the things I like about the Dove is that after takeoff, using the elevator, I can gently trim its attitude to climb around 1,000 fpm & it will hold that climb rate.
    Then when I get to the desired altitude I level off, set AP Master, set ALT HLD, fine tune the heading, then set HDG HLD on the AP & it will fly on, rock solid.
    T43

Another Sea Devon, this time XJ322 of Fulmar Flight/Station Flight at RNAS Lossiemouth.

I've collected several photos of this rare Sea Devon, but none are in colour, so in this respect I've used some educated guesswork! If you have any colour photos of her please get in touch...

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    ALt HLD via AP is working ok on my sim.
    One of the things I like about the Dove is that after takeoff, using the elevator, I can gently trim its attitude to climb around 1,000 fpm & it will hold that climb rate.
    Then when I get to the desired altitude I level off, set AP Master, set ALT HLD, fine tune the heading, then set HDG HLD on the AP & it will fly on, rock solid.
    T43
    Many thanks for your help. I think I was engaging the switches in the reverse order. When I engage them as described above it behaved as expected

Andy

Dove VSI is wrong

Hi everyone,

Wonderful Dove ! THANKS ROB !!
    However, the VSI indicator is wrong.
    Below is what you want and what you need :

For +500 ft/min you need to aim for +100 ft/min in the VSI (not 500)
    For +700 ft/min you need to aim for +150 ft/min
    For +1000 you need to aim for +225
    For -1000 you need to aim for -275
    For -700 you need to aim for -200
    For -500 you need to aim for -150

Just my 2 cents to help the Dove becoming even better...

Alex

Members who have read this thread: 36