Dove for sale! 544 careful owners - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dove for sale! 544 careful owners

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Excuse me, August, but how do i know i'm looking at the new textures ? The link in Rob's first post doesn't work. I just went into the SOH lib and downloaded the Dove again, removed the first install and installed the newly downloaded file. I don't think i see any new textures ?....

Any tips/hints highly appreciated !
    I admit I did the same thing and all of the textures look the same. +1 to this question.

Same external livery textures as the one I downloaded from Rob's site last fall. Plus one new livery. Still a great plane.
    *===================*
    Low, slow, and squawking 1200 !

Maybe August was referring to all the new repaints?

TP46 (00011) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

G-ARDE in the colours of Hunting Surveys. I hope to also get around to doing G-ARHX...

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    There are new INTERIOR textures as announced by Rob in post #54:

https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...=1#post1330038
    Yes, that is what I meant.

The repaints are nice too, of course.

August

There are new INTERIOR textures as announced by Rob in post #54:

https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...=1#post1330038
    Yessir, that's what i was curious about. The question is where/how do we get them ? I re-downloaded the Dove file from the lib here but don't see any change in the interior textures....?

If you have the new interior textures could you please inform us how to get them ?..

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    If you have the new interior textures could you please inform us how to get them ?..

Thanks !
    I had to check the date stamps on the files in the main texture folder, there are three textures dated 01/03/2024: X00_LABELS, PARCEL SHELF and X00_FUSELAGE_LINING.

And we got updated mdl´s.

Anyway two more repints from my side.

Dove4 by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr

Dove2 by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr

Dove by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr

Please note: due of limited UV-mapping of down front section it can´t be painted more accurate. Not in 8K and not with blender. But I did my very best with this unique repaint.

and D-IFSA of Bundesanstalt für Flugsicherung BFS of 1976. Its a calibrator/airways facility checker. They used in Germany tree Doves until 1976. I saw them when I was a young boy. They are called: "Adidas-Bomber" due of the tree stripes.

D-IFSA5 by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr

D-IFSA3 by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr

D-IFSA1 by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr

Available at flightsim.com
    https://www.flightsim.com/profile/58...downloads_file

Have fun!

Thomas

I had to check the date stamps on the files in the main texture folder, there are three textures dated 01/03/2024: X00_LABELS, PARCEL SHELF and X00_FUSELAGE_LINING.
    Ok, thanks tiger, mistery solved, got them too.

Eyja(00005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Is this the same upgrade Rob made or is this something new?https://flightsim.to/file/70451/de-h...exture-upscale

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    Is this the same upgrade Rob made or is this something new?https://flightsim.to/file/70451/de-h...exture-upscale
    That's something else. I don't think they are new textures, just higher resolution upscales of Rob's existing textures.

Two more from Germany. D-IKUR and D-IFSA in their current liveries.

D-IKUR4 by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr

D-IFSA_today by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr

Availible at flightsim.com
    https://www.flightsim.com/profile/58...downloads_file

Have fun.

Thomas

Hello Thomas, specially many thanks for this great D-INKA livery !!!
    and of course for all of your other liveries too.

Ulrich

Engine starting

This Dove is a superb addition to MSFS and I really enjoy flying it, well done to the designer for choosing this attractive little aeroplane.

Just a couple of things...is there a way to start the engines from within? I activate the battery and both magnetos marked fuel pump but the red start switches just give me a very short prop rotation but doesn't catch...I must be missing something obvious so can anyone enlighten me ...I hate having to use Control+E.

Also, how do we switch the Nav frequencies from standby to active?

There has been a couple of YouTube reviews already on this little gem and they both resorted to Control+E which I'm sure is not the designers intention but it sure is a lovely aeroplane to fly.

A great number of very nice repaints of a wonderful airplane.
    But there are a few items that do need a bit of work.
    1. the engine power seems to be too much at sea level at least.
    2. the throttle response / rpm curve along with the sounds are not linear it seam. It’s almost as if there are only three speeds
    3. prop pitch shows no response to the cockpit controls….they move, but the engines don’t care.
    4. NAV and COM freqs can be dialed in, but no flip-flop from standby to active.

i tried to tinker a little with the files myself, like in the old days, but I was not able to do much beyond that changing the associated sound file, as was suggested earlier in the thread.

I don’t mean to criticize, simply pointing out things that I noticed. Maybe someone has already made fixes for these….and in the end the model as a whole can be improved collectively.

Cheers
    Sunny

Spoiler Alert

Just spotted: you can open the starboard engine panel with the "water rudder" key and the cabin door with "spoiler". Nice touch!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panel.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	93390

Hello everyone,
    I would first like to thank Robcarrich for this beautiful gift he is giving us with this DH 104. I am a fan of De Havilland propellers.
    I loaded the update that recently occurred but I did not find a "readme" file in the .ZIP archive.
    Anyway, thank you again for this beautiful plane. If I dared, I would ask Robcarrich if he couldn't create for us the "big brother" of the little dove, I mean the DH 114 Heron.
    Thanks again Robcarrich.
    Have a nice day everyone!
    (Translated from French with Google translate)

Good evening everyone,
    I share with you my fictitious livery for the DH 104 Dove.
    This is the adaptation of the livery of the DH 114 Heron "Duchess of Britany" of the Air Jersey company in the 1950s.
    I still have a few touch-ups to do.
    Good evening, good luck to you.
    (Translated from French with Google translate)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flight-Simulator-F2-ER0n-XZt-Y.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	254.4 KB 
ID:	93391

Lovely model and lovely handling too. Great repaints emerging. Like others, I'm moving the prop pitch levers, but nothing's happening to the RPM. Looking through the thread, I hope Rob can delve into it.

Just got around to finishing G-ARHX

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Lovely model and lovely handling too. Great repaints emerging. Like others, I'm moving the prop pitch levers, but nothing's happening to the RPM. Looking through the thread, I hope Rob can delve into it.
    Here is a link to updated Dove "engines" file.
    Unzip and drop it into main aircraft folder

Rob

https://www.sendspace.com/file/caa3ov

Rob- she looks lovely, thank-you! The one aircraft I sorely miss from FSX days is the HS748. I have many hours, staring out of the portholes at the screaming Darts as a young lad, and miss the sights and smells. Rick Piper's model and the following NAMC kept me enthralled decades ago. Is there any chance you would consider tackling this beauty from the days of yore?

Ta- C

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    Here is a link to updated Dove "engines" file.
    Unzip and drop it into main aircraft folder

Rob

https://www.sendspace.com/file/caa3ov
    Straight drop in, or remove something else 1st??
    T43

Members who have read this thread: 481