Dove for sale! 544 careful owners - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dove for sale! 544 careful owners

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    It's not the tinkering, but the MSFS forum 'advertising'.

Cees
    Thank you for your perspective. I can see what you mean to a degree, and in his later comment Rob had indicated he would not have done it himself. I will ask him if he wants the post on the forum removed. However, one would think that when a new aircraft is released to the public domain, there's tantamount assent to it being spoken of in the larger community. However, any repaint issued to flightsim.to is also "advertising" by the same logic. I'll check in with Rob

- Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    Thank you so much Kenneth for your wisdom and ability and for your gentlemanly actions in posting screenshots over at the MSFS site, something I could have done myself had I wanted ( which I didn't )
    Thank you also for pointing out the models shortcomings, these things need to be said!

Rob
    Hi Rob.

Thanks for the comment. Much appreciated. On reflection, would you prefer that I remove the post from the MSFS forum? I will gladly do should that be your preference.

- Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by vipgroup View Post
    I can see what you mean to a degree, and in his later comment Rob had indicated he would not have done it himself. I will ask him if he wants the post on the forum removed. However, one would think that when a new aircraft is released to the public domain, there's tantamount assent to it being spoken of in the larger community. However, any repaint issued to flightsim.to is also "advertising" by the same logic. I'll check in with Rob

- Kenneth
    You did it with the best intentions, I don't doubt that. I PM'd you.

Cees

The Same or Updated?

Rob,

I've been flying your Dove since I downloaded it in November of '22. Is this the same aircraft or an updated one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shepparton 1956.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	217.9 KB 
ID:	93317
    *===================*
    Low, slow, and squawking 1200 !

Thanks so much for the Dove Rob! Wonderful work!

Mike

I can only say finally.....and thank you very very much Rob.
    The Dove was the single AC I was really waiting for the most, aside from the Connies.
    I can't wait to plop it into the sim and fire up the great little airliner.

Cheers
    Sunny

Downloaded and added to hangar! Not sure how much I'll fly it (not so much into vintage anymore), but it'll sure look nice on the ramps of various airports since the "isairtraffic" lines are all activated. All freeware deserves support!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Rob, thank you for the gift of the Dove. Your contributions to the hobby are legendary. You're a true master and gentleman. Thank you..

Thanks Rob. I don't think people who haven't been involved in developing aircraft for flight SIMS have any accurate perception of the time, effort and skills required to produce work of this quality, but its evident a lot of people here do appreciate what you do and your generosity in giving it to us for free. That goes doubly for me because I do understand what is involved.

KR Matt

Thanks Rob, very enjoyable and good to see this classic in the sim....

Really enjoying this addon rob. Thank you! Especially with the sounds aliased to the Islander (thanks vipgroup for that tip!). The prop levers don't seem to do anything above about 20% RPM which is so far the only "functional" hurdle I've run into. I might just not understand how the Dove works or it's a limitation. On the ground and approach the prop levers have an impact, at cruise they don't affect RPM at all for me. Awesome freeware, either way. Jan Kees has already added some liveries to fs.to! Thanks again.
    Last edited by LostPilot; February 28th, 2024 at 06:54. Reason: fact-checked myself on the prop levers

I couldn't get it to start and i was thinking : oow, i forgot the fuel-switch.
    I can't find it though. Engine auto start did the trick but is there a way to do this proper ?

working on more pintschemes, one for our American friends:
    cal-neva (00001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

cal-neva (00005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

and one to explore my own country:
    D20(00001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

so I can fly over my own home:
    D20(00006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

(do you guys do that too?)

D20(00005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

D20(00008) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I've been singing the praises of this beautiful aircraft over in the official MSFS forum. I've shared several screenshots with the hope that it will serve these purposes.

1. Let more people know about not just the aircraft, but also Rob's talent. There must be plenty of people out there who are not in SOH. So, hopefully it will inform them about the project.
    2. To remind people that SOH exists, and is a valuable resource. Maybe we can help attract more people to this great site.

I was careful to issue the disclaimer that it is not up to the level of today's "top level" commercial addons, this to alleviate unnecessary and unwarranted criticism, BUT I also pointed out that this is a great addition for freeware fans, and for those De Havilland aficionados who enjoy the reminder of a time when both aviation and the world seemed simpler!

Anyway, maybe the post will get the word out there.

Now, with Rob including the aircraft.cfg, it allows us to tinker! (YES!!! - Listen in Asobo...) So I tried a simple alias to find out how the Dove would sound when playing the sounds from two other aircraft in my collection. These aircraft were Dave Garwood's Rapide (the predecessor to the Dove), and the BlackBox Islander with its throaty engine resonance.

If you have these aircraft, here's what to do.

1. Back up your aircraft.cfg from Rob's aircraft.
    2. Refer to the section

[FLTSIM.0]
    title ="Dove British Eagle"
    model =""
    panel =""
    sound =""

If you have the Rapide active in your sim, change the sound line to read this.
    sound="\..\..\rapide\sound"

If you have the Islander, that line should read
    sound="\..\..\blackbox-aircraft-BN-Islander-PAX\sound"

If you ONLY change the FLTSIM.0 section, then only the British Eagle will take the new sounds, leaving the rest as is for easy restoration of the sound line.

Anyway, a fun experiment, and one I trust will not offend Rob. It's a compliment to the great appeal of his model that I found myself doing this!

See what you think if you try it.

(It's almost like the FSX days again - Ah the warm fuzzy! - LOL)

- Kenneth
    Is there no messing around with JSON needed for this?

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    Is there no messing around with JSON needed for this?
    No, because no files are added or removed.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    No, because no files are added or removed.

Priller
    Perfect thanks!

Thank you Rob for your very nice addon.

Wip D-INkA. Started with r/h fuselage. First try.

Dove by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr

Thomas

I am so appreciative of these two generous freeware designers who have contributed massively to our hobby over the years. Dave Garwood and Rob Richardson, we salute you. Thanks to you we now have two of the most beautiful small De Havilland airliners, right here in our MSFS world. The pre-war DH-89 Dragon Rapide was the very epitome of classic British aviation beauty. Its successor was of course the DH-104 Dove, equally classic, and no less stunning in its balanced and harmonious lines. Today, I present them together in a flight over Mount Snowdon, Wales. "Hats off" to these gentlemen.
    - Kenneth

Name:	Classic Brits (1).jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	585.5 KB 
ID:	93334

Name:	Classic Brits (2).jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	389.1 KB 
ID:	93333

Name:	Classic Brits (3).jpg 
Size:	348.8 KB 
ID:	93332

Name:	Classic Brits (4).jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	477.2 KB 
ID:	93331

Name:	Classic Brits (5).jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	384.5 KB 
ID:	93330

Name:	Classic Brits (6).jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	269.6 KB 
ID:	93329

Name:	Classic Brits (7).jpg 
Size:	290.8 KB 
ID:	93328

Name:	Classic Brits (8).jpg 
Size:	253.4 KB 
ID:	93327

Name:	Classic Brits (9).jpg 
Size:	330.9 KB 
ID:	93326

Name:	Classic Brits (10).jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	171.3 KB 
ID:	93325

Nice pics, Kenneth!
    Yes, Dave and Rob have brought me much joy, thank you, gentlemen!

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post

Thomas
    Very nice! It was 'soon' on my list, but I'll leave it to you then.

I've uploaded these:
    D20(00003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

cal-neva (00012) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post

Dove by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr

Thomas
    Wow Thomas, wonderful !!!
    I'm very looking forward

Here my short story of the DH.104 D-INKA

About ca twenty-five years ago, there was a pre-Christmas program on german television called
    "we will fulfill an unusual wish and open a door for you".
    My girlfriend at the time thought it was a good idea and quickly contacted the tv station and told them about my love of airplanes.
    The tv station got back to her shortly afterwards and discussed the details with her.
    She told me days later, that I had an appointment at düsseldorf airport the next day.
    I didn't know anything abou it and thought she was pulling my leg.
    As i come the day later to the airport, a camera crew with a moderator was there waiting for me.
    They told me then, that they have a nice surprise for me.
    One hour later we stand in front of hangar eight at the airport, wich has a giant door.
    The moderator says to me, please press the buttom , and the giant door opend.
    There was standing a very nice De Havilland Dove with a LTU painting under the tail section of a A300.
    They pulled the Dove out of the hangar and a flight captain come to me and showed me and told me of his beautiful plane.
    And as the icing of the cake, we made a exclusive flight pattern around the city of düsseldorf.
    That was very exciting and nice experience in my life.

This event has made the DH.104 D-INKA so special to me.

Thanks a lot to Rob and Thomas and JanKees and all others who involved

Ulrich

Thank you Rob for creating the Dove for MSFS.
    Really enjoy the aesthetics of the cockpit, they reflect the production era superbly.
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Thanks for this one Jankees!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I'm not seeing a Paint Kit.... or have I missed something?

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I am so appreciative of these two generous freeware designers who have contributed massively to our hobby over the years. Dave Garwood and Rob Richardson, we salute you. Thanks to you we now have two of the most beautiful small De Havilland airliners, right here in our MSFS world. The pre-war DH-89 Dragon Rapide was the very epitome of classic British aviation beauty. Its successor was of course the DH-104 Dove, equally classic, and no less stunning in its balanced and harmonious lines. Today, I present them together in a flight over Mount Snowdon, Wales. "Hats off" to these gentlemen.
    - Kenneth
    Amazing shots! Just the kinda thing I like

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 482