...I'm back........

Thread: ...I'm back........

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country

...I'm back........

...after a nearly 10 year hiatus, I decided to get back into flight simming and purchased the Steam Premium MSFS.....
    Holy Guacamole !!!......Very Impressive !!
    It'll take awhile for this old dog to learn new tricks.....
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Welcome back. As you said, much has changed.
    But the sim you used 10 years ago still works and has probably been improved.
    Can't beat the eye candy of MSFS though.

Blog Entries
    Welcome back old man. It is good to see your ugly mug again.

​NOTE: (PCism requires that I state the obvious. I am totally joking with the Old Man comment [I am older] and of course, the ugly mug [I was refering to the dog's picture] There, I THINK I covered all the bases, if not...I am sure that you will eventually get over it. )
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

10 years, my word, it's a new (sim)world now!
    Have fun!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Heya! Glad you are back! NC

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Welcome back old man. It is good to see your ugly mug again.

​NOTE: (PCism requires that I state the obvious. I am totally joking with the Old Man comment [I am older] and of course, the ugly mug [I was refering to the dog's picture] There, I THINK I covered all the bases, if not...I am sure that you will eventually get over it. )

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Welcome, Luckydog! I remember that picture! The world has changed on our desktops. There is a slight learning curve, but there are a lot of similarities. There are lots of high points and a few lows as well. Don't forget, MSFS2024 is due out later this year, so you're coming in just prior to more changes. Not sure what they are, but you were in this game long enough before. The story changes frequently. Again, welcome back!

Don BP

Yes, welcome back. I also remember that avatar. A lot has changed and some things never change. I am hoping that we don't go back to a new updated sim every two years. FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX , you get it.

LouP

Oh, yes, we will, Lou.... MSFS2024, MSFS2026, MSFS2028, MSFSandsoforth, MSFSundsoweiter, MSFSet cetera, MSFSuntil kingdom come and the MSFScows come home.

So yeah, nuttin much changed. Just you get 100% better fps and some eyecandy called photogrammetterytettery or whatever that's called and Oh, yes, the world outside looks just about like the real thing so that's nice and Oh, yeah, you can fly in VR now which is nice too and, not to forget, you can have your best friend sitting next to you during your flights. How about that, huh....

So, yeah, welcome back you lucky dog you !

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Oh, yes, we will, Lou.... MSFS2024, MSFS2026, MSFS2028, MSFSandsoforth, MSFSundsoweiter, MSFSet cetera, MSFSuntil kingdom come and the MSFScows come home.

So yeah, nuttin much changed. Just you get 100% better fps and some eyecandy called photogrammetterytettery or whatever that's called and Oh, yes, the world outside looks just about like the real thing so that's nice and Oh, yeah, you can fly in VR now which is nice too and, not to forget, you can have your best friend sitting next to you during your flights. How about that, huh....

So, yeah, welcome back you lucky dog you !

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Members who have read this thread: 151