CFS3 Korea No Gun Sounds for the F-86 Sabres

Thread: CFS3 Korea No Gun Sounds for the F-86 Sabres

CFS3 Korea No Gun Sounds for the F-86 Sabres

At some point the gun sounds for the F-86 Sabres went missing. I don't have gun sounds for the two original sabres or for the MMM and Mig Poison add-on sabres. The GunVal version that uses a cannon does have sound for it. Migs and other aircraft all have the gun sounds. I've never messed around with the aircraft models so I don't know what happened... how do I fix this?

They reference dpc_us_50cal_gun

Which is in the Guns folder and references SoundName="c50m3"

Which is in Sounds.xml as gun_50_browning_M3.wav and xgun_50_browning_M3.wav for interior and exterior sounds

Which should be in your Sounds folder
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

GUNVAL?

Curious. None of my or JayCee's F-86 skins are in the library. Some of our older skins for other aircraft are but not the F-86's.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    They are in the Netwings section of warbirds/CFS3...

Quote Originally Posted by FOO FIGHTER View Post
    GUNVAL?
    Are you asking where the GUNVAL model is? https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...ghlight=gunval

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    They reference dpc_us_50cal_gun

Which is in the Guns folder and references SoundName="c50m3"

Which is in Sounds.xml as gun_50_browning_M3.wav and xgun_50_browning_M3.wav for interior and exterior sounds

Which should be in your Sounds folder
    Both .wav files are in the sounds folder. The dpc_us_50cal_gun.bdp file is in the guns folder. I can play the wav files so I think that they are not corrupt. So, files are in place. Does the P-51 use the same sounds? The sounds work for it. What else can I check?
    Last edited by WesCov; February 19th, 2024 at 19:53.

dpc_us_50cal_gun.xdp needs to be in the guns folder too.

<?xml version="1.0"?><UnitData>
    <General Allegience="2" LongName="" ShortName=".50cal Browning M2" ModelName="" BlastDamageScale="1.0" ImpactDamageScale="1.0" FireDamageScale="1.0" Priority="2" Type="gun" EnteredService="01/01/1939" BlastDamageMod="0" ImpactDamageMod="0" FireDamageMod="0" Category="weapon" Country="usa" mass="29.9095">
    </General>
    <GunStations/>
    <Description String=""/>
    <Loadouts/>
    <DamageBoxes/>
    <Systems/>
    <Gun GunType="gun" SoundName="c50m3" Range="274" Rate="10.5" MuzzleVelocity="1050" TimeAlive="2" Noise="0.2" DefaultWeapon="dpc_us_round_50cal"/>
    </UnitData>
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Yes, dpc_us_50cal_gun.xdp is also in the guns folder and the contents match what you listed.

The first time I fire guns, there is a hesitation. The program must be trying to load up the sound but there is a problem. All the files you have listed so far have been present...

I think the Ankors shaders sound file (Sounds.xml) does not have gun_50_browning_M3.wav referenced. I'll need to see if the original sounds.xml has it and insert it. Might be a issue of mixing of the mods -- shaders + Korea...

I was just mentioning that other skins for the F-86 were available.
    @Scott: Those are the stock DPC aircraft in the Netwings section. There do not appear to be any skins that JayCee and I did anywhere in the library.

Lightbulb

Thank you for all your hints. I had to add the following to sounds.xml:

<c50m3>
    <no_damage>
    <sound file="xgun_50_browning_M3.wav" FileInt="gun_50_browning_M3.wav" Stereo="Yes"/>
    </no_damage>
    </c50m3>

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FOO FIGHTER View Post
    I was just mentioning that other skins for the F-86 were available.
    @Scott: Those are the stock DPC aircraft in the Netwings section. There do not appear to be any skins that JayCee and I did anywhere in the library.
    I see. Do wish we had your work. That F-86 looks fantastic ! Wish we had them. Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 28