Its that time of the year again.

Thread: Its that time of the year again.

Its that time of the year again.

You most probably already noticed, but the donation drive has started to keep the Sim-Outhouse in the air.

As you can see at our target, Dave did his very best to reduce the cost where ever he could. Although the amount needed is lower, we do realise we are a shrinking and ageing community, for which quite a few, money has become less obvious, as they have left their working life behind them. Therefore all donations big are small are highly appreciated!

The main costs are for the server (hosting), the rest is for the software licenses and a small part is local state tax.

When possible I hope you will all find your way to the "donation button" to keep our small community alive.

Regards,
    Huub

Done and did, Huub!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Hi,

I'm Priller from the Dark Side. Like every year, I donated.

To quote a certain artist: "this is my church, this is where I heal my hurts"!

Call it massochism!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

106% !

Woo-HOOO !!

Ha ha..yes, I couldn't believe how fast, but it is for a much smaller amount...still good news though!

S

A big thank you for all who wanted (and were able) to contribute. I was indeed a smooth ride this year.

As Dave did a great job to reduce the costs, it wasn't a huge amount this time. Next big step will be the migration to the new forum.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Next big step will be the migration to the new forum.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Any time frame for when that happens, Huub?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Icon5

Huub,
    Will there be another financial requirement, or is this years contribution goal for that migration?

Cheers

Shessi

There isn't a real time frame yet. The new forum is currently in the testing phase. For the moderators and admins to get familiar with the software and to iron out some of the things we like to iron out...... In general the looks are a bit different, but it works pretty much the same. Some minor things were missing, but Dave has been able to make some change to restore functions we had in the old software, but weren't default in the new software.

For the people with a sharp memory, remember the vBulletin software we are currently still using dates back to the days Netwings was still alive (Netwings used the same software). So it shouldn't be a surprise that the software needs to be replaced.

The costs for the migration are all included the donation drive which was just successfully finished. And we don't foresee any extra costs.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 60