Looking for missing textures

Thread: Looking for missing textures

Looking for missing textures

Hi all,

I'm looking for the next missing textures. If anyone can tell me where I can find them (maybe they're CFS1?), that would be fine.

0x9797FC57
    0x8A930060
    0x11D14AC5
    0xA028DC7B
    3A
    2F
    3B
    0x00C2CDA9
    0xA9E100AA
    0x313713D0
    0xA9A84D9b

Happy flying,

hertzie.

Not really enough info here. What makes you think these are textures?

The 10 character codes look like Windows error codes to me, & the 2 character sequences are similar to the file (fragments) that show up in the CFS2 main directory when you run the sim with more than 200 ADF.bgls active ...

Yep regarding the AFDs. The 0x types are most likely object bgl's that are not in the inf or vehicles folders.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Hi "uncle", thanks for the interest and help. MUCH appreciated!!!

The message I get is: "Scenery library objects not found. This may cause some scenery, such as some buildings, to not display".

Is it more an objects_dp problem?

Regards,

hertzie.

Icon5

Hi Hertzie,
    As UT says, those are not tex error codes but hex Win error codes.

It can a be a lot of things, but usually it's having too many objects/DP's/sceneries/ac or an error with the scenery itself. What have you just changed, if anything? If you have added/removed etc anything, change it back and see.

Or try reducing (by temporarily moving the contents of them out of CFS2) such things as the objects/DP's/sceneries/ac etc, and see when the error codes stop being displayed. Search for and delete all your filelist.dat folders in your CFS2, you can also delete the 3A, 2F and 3B, they are in the main directory of CFS2.

It's a case of fault finding, good luck....

Cheers

Shessi

OK, thank you all, I'll do what suggested, will take some time, but let you know what comes out.

Regards,

hertzie.

I think you are missing some objects that are part of a GSL scenery. I have seen the message you mentioned when I didn't have all the objects in my install that a scenery looks for.
    But in my case the name of the missing object was shown together with the message, so it was easy to figure out what's missing.

Library Staff
    Hi Hertzie,

The first missing object is a stock one: 9797FC57 8A930060 11D14AC5 A028DC7B. The stock objects' GUIDs begin with 9797FC57.

This doesn't help much but it does narrow it down. What geographical location are you getting the missing objects message?

Cheers,
    Kevin

Hi all,

I think that I'm on my way to a solution. I had "borrowed" some CFS1-scenery that didn't show in CFS2, but was stuck somewhere. Skipped it and the message didn't return. There's another one I have to clean, but I'll manage :-).

Thank you all for helping me, MUCH APPRECIATED !!!

hertzie.

Members who have read this thread: 51