Deimos F-5E Tiger II

Thread: Deimos F-5E Tiger II

So I thinks that 3 x F-5's and counting?

I don't see the nose wheel lift function
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

It is now out in the market place.

[QUOTE=noddy;1329204]It is now out in the market place.

I can not find...
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Noddy,

How much is it?

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Noddy,

How much is it?

Cheers,

Priller

It was GBP16.74.

This one has weapons?

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    This one has weapons?

Cees

Cees,

Yes, it is the same set up as his other models that you get the weapon pack from Flightsim.to but is only limited to some of the skins.

Do all variants have the same cockpit with HUD and autopilot?

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    Nose lift function?
    Afraid,nothing of the kind, Zsolt. On take-off you may call yourself lucky to get into the air and stay there.. On take-off this thing flies like a piece of paper in the wind. Maybe caused by WU16 ? (had some trouble initally)... No, replaced this F-5 with Super Hornet, takes-off buttersmooth no problem whatsoever. This Deimos F-5 needs a flight dynamics engineer who can cut the cake. Looks nice though but i'd wait for the SCD version (would that be an F-5E and A too you think ? )

Edit: well, maybe i should tone down that quite a bit. Actually i only tried taking off with nose wheel lift and then let it get in the air by itself ( like f.i. F-86 and B-25 which done that perfectly in FS9 courtesy Rob Young.. ;-), according to your question. That's a big no cando in the first place. If you do not use that technique she actually gets into the air quite normally. So scratch that piece of paper comment, that's not true, that's only if you try that nose lift, just don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Do all variants have the same cockpit with HUD and autopilot?
    I think you can count on that, Keith. Not seen one without the HUD and AP. No difference in VC's as far as i have seen sofar.

FYI, when they say nose lift, the F-5E's nose gear could over extend for take off, raising the nose and thereby increasing the alpha of the wing on take off to allow for a shorter take-off roll. The stabilator wasn't sized for lifting the nose off of the ground at max weight and relatively low air-speeds. You had to use a longer take off roll to get to a higher speed to have enough stab force to rotate the nose up otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    FYI, when they say nose lift, the F-5E's nose gear could over extend for take off, raising the nose and thereby increasing the alpha of the wing on take off to allow for a shorter take-off roll. The stabilator wasn't sized for lifting the nose off of the ground at max weight and relatively low air-speeds. You had to use a longer take off roll to get to a higher speed to have enough stab force to rotate the nose up otherwise.
    That sounds very plausible, sundog. I don't know nothing about the F-5 but i do know my bit about the F-86 and B-25 because i was in close contact for years with the pilots that flew them and still do when it comes to the latter. Everybody can see that technique too by examining videos on YT. Both the F-86 and B-25 have their nose wheel up off the runway for a short while during their take-off run. The pilot is to leave the aircraft in that exact attitude until it flies off of the runway by itself. And that's exactly how you'd do the take-off with both these virtual North-American machines in FS9. Robert Young did a fantastic job on the flightmodels of them both (as he did on every flightmodel that he composed).

This phenomenon is not so much noticeable in the VC as it is in external view. I have always loved that with both our freeware F-86 and Maam-Sim B-25. That's why i tried exactly the same with this freshly released Deimos F-5. Both with the F-86 and B-25 the manual would show the pilot how to obtain the speed at which the pilot would be able to lift the nosewheel off of the runway. I did not read or not even had a look at the Deimos F-5 manual because there simply is non so i just 'winged' it regarding at which speed i'd try to lift the nosewheel off the runway resulting in instant fluttering off the side of the runway like a wounded bird. Videos of the real F-5 on take-off show a similar nose-wheel-up attitude like that of the F-86 and B-25.

Btw, the same goes for landing the F-86 and B-25. During landing run nose-wheel up attitude to keep high AOA to use the whole aircraft as a speedbrake. Not sure about that re the F-5.

Btw(2), besides the inabillity to keep nose-up attitude on take-off the Deimos F-5E certainly is not bad at all. I think it is worth the price you pay for the model. Overall it looks very nice although textures are not exactly to write home about but still sufficient. Flies sorta nicely too but atleast quite too 'heavy' in pitch i would think. Nothing to do with 'study level' of course but fun to fly it absolutely is. Let's see if the forthcoming SCDesigns F-5 will be patronizing enough to hold its nose up in the air...
    Last edited by Javis; February 16th, 2024 at 23:01.

I think you can count on that, Keith. Not seen one without the HUD and AP. No difference in VC's as far as i have seen sofar.
    Thanks for taking the pain on our behalf...last chance SCD!

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    It is now out in the market place.

Nice shots, Noddy.

I do like the cockpit, Minus the HUD area, that is just made up and doesn't go well.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the exterior canopy area though. it looks way off! waaay off.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Cees,

Yes, it is the same set up as his other models that you get the weapon pack from Flightsim.to but is only limited to some of the skins.
    Well, I don't see the weapons after installing the mod. And the guy from Deimos on Flightsim.to has an attitude I don't like.
    On the positive side: there is a checklist. Pity that there isn't a manual. Typical.

Cees

With regards to the weapons they only appear on the ones with a W in the tile of the skin in the menu. Anything without a W will not show bombs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    And the guy from Deimos on Flightsim.to has an attitude I don't like
    Nose up in the air i would think ?..

Members who have read this thread: 140