SC Designs F-5E Tiger

Thread: SC Designs F-5E Tiger

SC Designs F-5E Tiger

From the discord channel.

The F-5E Tiger II is nearing completion. For those of you not aware of the difference between this version and the other two presently in or due to be published for MSFS, the main differences are that ours has a high-fidelity cockpit built by Miltech Simulations, a flight model by aviation experts PropAir, all of whom are commercial or private pilots, and flight testing conducted by a former USAF fighter pilot and instructor with 1,500 hours on the T-38, the trainer version of the F-5E Tiger. It also has a functioning radar, multiple liveries, and a paint kit will be included.
    [20:45]
    Price will be £17.99 and worldwide equivalents. It will be published both on the Marketplace and via Just Flight and other third-party stores, for both PC and Xbox, and will of course benefit from our regular update schedule and the possible addition of the twin-seat F-5F version in the futur

Looking VERY forward to this release!
    Cheers,
    Dave

I have decided I am holding off on any new F-5's unless they're released by IFE/Heatblur.

IFE really need to do the F-15C/F-16/F-5/F-4; heck add a native Mirage 2000 and A-4 to that list. I suppose really good Rhino and Growler.

Quote Originally Posted by GO_Navy View Post
    I have decided I am holding off on any new F-5's unless they're released by IFE/Heatblur.

IFE really need to do the F-15C/F-16/F-5/F-4; heck add a native Mirage 2000 and A-4 to that list. I suppose really good Rhino and Growler.
    What exactly does that mean?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    What exactly does that mean?
    Oh nothing much. I don’t see a reason to own two to three F-5’s. My only exception is if IFE (India Foxtechoe - Dino’s company) releases an F-5 with the same quality as his F-14, I’ll buy that.

I want Heatblur to partner with someone to release their AJ-37 Viggen in MSFS...

It will be interesting to see if one of the better Utube guys does a 3-way comparison of the F-5's once they are all released. Not heard any mention of IFE/Heatblur having an F-5 in their WIP - have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    It will be interesting to see if one of the better Utube guys does a 3-way comparison of the F-5's once they are all released. Not heard any mention of IFE/Heatblur having an F-5 in their WIP - have I missed something?
    They don't. I'd love to see them do one, but no, I don't think it's on their list.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

The screenshots from the DC Facebook update look tremendous.

Blog Entries
    I respect Dean for continuing to improve his models. In my estimation, his work has improved. I will be in line to buy this model.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

That is looking good!

Cees

Yeah, this one is actually SC Designs, which is Dean's brother. SC did the F-16.

(Definitely a lot of continuity in design detail/style/etc. between DC, SC, and CJ Designs!)

It looks nice, but I'm not that interested in the F-5 generally.

I wonder if we'll ever see an F-105 in MSFS. Other than the Virtavia/Alphasim one, it's a very neglected aeroplane in flight simming. Maybe that's one DC can put on the 'to do' list.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Yeah, this one is actually SC Designs, which is Dean's brother. SC did the F-16.

(Definitely a lot of continuity in design detail/style/etc. between DC, SC, and CJ Designs!)
    The reason I said DC Designs is they are linked directly from that page if people wanted to see more. Going to be some great liveries for this one!
    https://www.facebook.com/DCDesignsAircraft

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    It looks nice, but I'm not that interested in the F-5 generally.

I wonder if we'll ever see an F-105 in MSFS. Other than the Virtavia/Alphasim one, it's a very neglected aeroplane in flight simming. Maybe that's one DC can put on the 'to do' list.
    There was never much interest in the Thud for FSX, never mind MSFS. It's all about what will turn a profit. Virtavia are the only outfit regularly turning out left-field stuff. My current project is a rebuild of their lovely old F-89 Scorpion for P3DV5.3.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

I remember creating missions for a Thud in a sim, long time ago...can't remember which one, probably CFS2.
    This one works in FSX and P3Dv4 (might have been the one I used), should import into MSFS but won't work in VR.
    https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...05&categoryId=

GKS might be the people to make one for MSFS, but doubt it would sell well - too few of us remember the Thud
    Have some great books by Thud pilots...

Back on topic, this F-5 is the one I'm waiting for now

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    There was never much interest in the Thud for FSX, never mind MSFS. It's all about what will turn a profit. Virtavia are the only outfit regularly turning out left-field stuff. My current project is a rebuild of their lovely old F-89 Scorpion for P3DV5.3.

DaveQ

Hi Dave - Hope you are well ? Can we persuade you to do the Scorpion for MSFS please !!

Hi Dave - Hope you are well ? Can we persuade you to do the Scorpion for MSFS please !!
    I'll second that. Would also be interested in the Thud. I worked around the Phantoms in the AirForce, but always enjoyed it when a Thud squadron or group came TDY to use our training range.

I will be in line for the SCDesigns F-5E. I'm still having trouble keeping the engines running in the Venom version.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

https://msfsaddons.com/2024/02/09/sc...ght-simulator/

"SC Designs expects to release the F-5E before the month ends"

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Thanks Richard; hope you're well too. Sorry, the Scorpion is copyright to Virtavia and conversion well beyond my limited talents. Like others the F-5 is much anticipated but it would be nice if developers other than Virtavia took on some more left field projects. Just sayin'!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Members who have read this thread: 139