This kind of stuff just drives me crazy

Thread: This kind of stuff just drives me crazy

This kind of stuff just drives me crazy

This has been a problem for me for soooo long. You would think it would have been corrected by now. It seems to always be something with this thing. I just don't understand why.

MSFs will not load flights - User Support Hub / Hardware & Peripherals - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

This cr^p makes me want to just keep on playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and forget about these hassles.

LouP

I think personal experiences are important, especially for a platform with over a million units in the wild.

One somewhat recent experience for me. A few months back I rebuilt my simulation computer from the case up. I was blown away when all of my previous USB device configurations were saved and automatically downloaded to/from the cloud, including a handful of Leo Bodnar boards for home built switch panels. FS2020 was able to download and map the primary joystick, the individual Bodnar boards, correctly with no input from me other than installing the simulator.

I agree with you, LouP. I remember even with P3D, I would usually just jump in the cockpit and go fly. With MSFS, all I've done is constantly reset, change settings, download and redownload, and still not get a full flight in. I've had this sim since introduction, and I've only accumulated 37 flight hours!!! I finally uninstalled the whole thing, then new download, just to get my cameras working! I still haven't figured out the drone. When I hit the button to energize it, my aircraft goes totally out of control.

But the visuals keep me here. I've tried reloading P3D, and FSX, but there is just no comparison. None. And now that I'm retired, maybe I can get some flying in, in between updates.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

What makes it worse is the time it takes to load the program back up after a glitch. Today I thought I would go and do some browsing on the internet while it was loading. After a long while I said to myself, this is taking a very long time, so I went to check and it was hung up on the do you want to load in safe mode question.

LouP

I share the frustration. As someone just dipping his toes into creating liveries and not yet smart enough to figure out how to use 3rd party programs to render the livery without loading up the game, 4+ minutes each time I want to check a change to the texture.

Then the hang ups seem to be getting worse which makes sense as the number of files and folders in the Community folder grows. I was just thinking the other day after it hung up while trying to load a flight that for as much as it costs, it really should work more reliably. Then I reminded myself that once you start adding third party programs, you're sorta out there on your own and I'm sure Asobo would argue they can't possibly be held responsible for the affects of third party software introduced into the simulation.

Growing pains....

And to think, MSFS 2024 is probably about 6 months away from release and we'll have to start all over again!

Members who have read this thread: 110