Supermarine Spitfire XIX

Thread: Supermarine Spitfire XIX

Supermarine Spitfire XIX

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2020 - Military Props

Description: Supermarine Spitfire PS853 was built at Southampton and delivered to the central Photographic Reconnaissance Unit at Benson on January 13th 1945.
    She was then transferred to 16 Squadron of 34 Wing and on to 268 Squadron and then re-formed with 16 Squadron at Celle on September 18th 1945.
    Sold to Rolls Royce PLC, Corporate Heritage Department, Bristol-Filton during September 1996 and is now based in a dedicated hangar at East Midlands Airport, it underwent a major overhaul with the Aircraft Restoration Company at Duxford and then flown on the 9th October 2012.
    Still performs regularly at airshows in UK and elsewhere.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Supermarine Spitfire XIX
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks so much Rob!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Thank you from me as well Rob.
    Incentive for me to fire up MSFS (maybe!)
    Lovely aeoplane.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thanks Rob for another Gem... Always beautifully done and great fun to fly.

KR Matt

Rob, just a big thank you for another excellent airplane. I know the community appreciates all of the hard work. Can't get enough of great British warbirds.

This is another lovely plane by Rob and it is great to have a Griffon Spit in the sim. Thanks very much Rob. And to Jankees, if he reads this, for uploading the great skins on that other site.

I have a few modest tweaks for consideration, which I attach. These files contain:

- A cameras.cfg that adds a VR camera with the eyepoint in the proper position, for VR users.
    - A flight_model.cfg that reverses the torque as appropriate for the left-turning Griffon, and fine tunes a few of the aerodynamics.
    - An engines.cfg that gives somewhat more plausible boost and RPM values and better RPM control, at least at some settings. There are a lot of interacting variables that go into prop pitch control, and I'm still working on this one.

To try them out, just copy into your Community\Supermarine Spitfire XIX\SimObjects\Airplanes\robertrichardson-aircraft-spitfireXIX and overwrite.

I also recommend copying the sound folder over from Rob's Seafire 47, it sounds a lot better. Don't forget to refresh your layout.json.

August
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Many thanks Rob

Members who have read this thread: 231