XF-11 Released 2/9

Thread: XF-11 Released 2/9

XF-11 Released 2/9

Last edited by Tom Clayton; February 10th, 2024 at 07:25.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Thanks for sharing. A beautiful bird indeed.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Release date is tomorrow

Just found a note on the .to page stating 1700Z release time. That's Noon US Eastern.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Good looking kit. Lots of love went into this.

It's available!

https://flightsim.to/product/hughes-...ontent=ctalink

Price is a bit steep though.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Thread title tweaked and stuck...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Unique, Interesting, High Altitude Performer

My preference is single engine turboprops and military jets, but the draw of Howard Hughes, counter-rotating props and military specs sucked me in. My opinion is limited as I've only done a couple flights with it. It is a smooth flyer and has the feel of a large wing span (as it should). I would not consider too many low level aerobatics with this (roll rate is massively sluggish). It does climb quite quickly and is speedy at altitude. I'm looking forward to a ride in the glass nose, but haven't been there yet. There are many "clickable" switches in the cockpit and lots of other areas I haven't yet explored. In the absence of a B-52, Tu-95 Bear or B-2 Bone, this is my new long range hauler!
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Just awesome to fly, thats for sure.
    The only nit I can find to pick after taking it for a couple laps is how the engines sound inside the cockpit. Perhaps its just me but they sound kind of sputtery and weak compared to the absolutely lovely thrum of the exterior views. Maybe the engines are drowned out by the propeller sounds which may account for that, I don't know.
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Update

There is an update for the aircraft available from flightsim.to where I purchased my copy.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

This is so good. As fans of historic military planes, you guys all want this. Seriously. Flies wonderfully, looks great, and some fun "what if?" paints.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6693965c19fa94882a46b091226b690983000af4.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    This is so good. As fans of historic military planes, you guys all want this. Seriously. Flies wonderfully, looks great, and some fun "what if?" paints.

I wish the developer had created a Howard Hughes pilot figure. ;-P

Two words: HOLY CATS!
    This thing is amazing. And with AP you can fly it for hours. Really looking forward to another of Hughes' wonderful creations.

Members who have read this thread: 190