"Find latest post" error

Thread: "Find latest post" error

"Find latest post" error

I looked all through the site to find a support forum and this one seems to be the closest to one??

My find latest post option is unable to find any older posts of mine. There should be 12 posts made before the 2 I made today which will include the post in this thread.
    I can find 7 of the old posts of mine if I search through individual forums so there is a fairly decent possibility that the other 5 still exist somewhere in the Database.
    I am at a loss as to where to go to find the other 5 or if there is anything that can be done on the Admin side to get the system to see the old posts of mine when I use the find last post link once again?

Forum: IL-2/FB & Pacific Fighters Discussion
    (I only had to search 10 pages to find these 4 posts. I doubt there are any others posts of mine in the IL-2/FB & Pacific Fighters Discussion forum.)

Forum: Ickie's NewsHawks
    (I searched 450 pages to find that one post. )

Forum: Canelo's Cantina
    (I searched 120 pages to find those two posts.)

Lol, I just noticed I have about 4 hours sunk into this search since I started searching just after I created my thread in the IL-2 forum.

Wheels

Just looking at your activity in your profile, only see your last 2 posts. I imagine it doesn't keep a list of anything older than a short time, let alone from 2010!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Just looking at your activity in your profile, only see your last 2 posts. I imagine it doesn't keep a list of anything older than a short time, let alone from 2010!
    While I really do appreciate you taking the time to post and what you are thinking is a perfectly reasonable assumption regarding my posts your assertion about the capabilities of the system keeping information going that far back is incorrect.

While I did go through over 580 pages looking for my posts I sure as heaven did not read every single post in every thread on all those pages to find mine.
    I was able to find the threads with my posts in them since the system is still showing posts of mine are in a thread with the green check mark. (see attached image)

The other reasons I know the system should be able to find my posts are that I can show you users whose posts are found all the way back to 2008. I attached images to this post that show what I saw since the system does not seem to save searches.

casey jones:
    Find latest posts image for casey jones was on page 14 which shows posts going all the way back to September 2008.

Now for a user that has not logged in since 2017.
    Cloud9Gal
    Find latest posts image for Cloud9Gal was on page 18 which shows posts going all the way back to January 2010.

I even used the Advanced Search Search Multiple Content Types Username feature to see if their posts could be found using that function and those searches went back to 2008 for casey jones and 2009 for Cloud9GaL.

Where the system hiccuped in my instance is anyone's guess but the system should have kept my history too.

Wheels
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails green_checkmark.png   casey jones.png   cloud9gal.png   search_parameters.png  
    Last edited by wheelsup_cavu; January 27th, 2024 at 18:34. Reason: Added smiley to my last sentence.

Interesting glitch you've found. When I do a "find latest post" on you (wheelsup) I only get 4. Looking into it.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

I found something. The post you made (see link below) in the IL2 forum had a link in it that was not really a link. I removed it, and now that post shows up in my search results when before it didn't. I think there is another post in Cloud9Gals thread that may also need fixing. Not sure yet because I can't find it.

https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...958#post596958
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Most likely by editing the post you created a new current link for the forum to find which had nothing to do with editing out the link to the UBI forums, which went offline about 18 months ago, that was in the post
    Ubisoft is closing its forums: https://forums.mudspike.com/t/ubisof...s-forums/13805
    Thank you very much for the time you have already spent on this subject but I would prefer not going back and editing any more posts to confirm my suspicion.

Wheels

Another reason to stop is that we may have introduced another glitch in the system by editing the old posts. By my count this should be post 18 and my prior post should have been post 17 under my username but it shows as post 16. (see image below)
    If this post still shows post 16 under my username instead of post 17 or post 18 then it is definitely time to stop.

Wheels
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post_16_glitch.png  

Members who have read this thread: 29