MR_Dutch East Indies Question

Thread: MR_Dutch East Indies Question

MR_Dutch East Indies Question

Why is MR's Monakawari showing up like this for me?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEI Monakawari.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	543.3 KB 
ID:	93050

Usually this is because the shorelines used aren't present in both

CFS2/TEXTURE

and

CFS2/SCENEDB/WORLD/TEXTURE

folders. Occasionally it's a custom texture bitmap (dirt, pondwater...), these also need to be present in both locations.

Read the instructions again ...
    Last edited by UncleTgt; January 24th, 2024 at 00:47. Reason: Lost format

Thank you Uncle. I will go through the instructions again. I’m glad this it is just a missing texture somewhere and not an issue with how the three folders are organized in the scenery list.

Well I'm at a loss. I triple checked the instructions, make sure that the texture from my Scenedb/World/textures was copied in to CFS2 Textures, and even compared the file copy I have with the one from MR's preserved site. I'm still left with blocky scenery for Monakawari.

I also tested out installing in to a fresh "test" copy of CFS2 without any other add-on airfields, and I got the same effect as well. I'm not sure what is going on.
    Last edited by Browncoat; January 24th, 2024 at 21:07.

Browncoat,

I agree with what you're seeing. I took Maskriders DEI 2019 & installed.

I see the same as you posted at the Monakawari location - even worse, my test install still has the stock coastlines showing, as though the excludes aren't effective.

I took a quick look at a few of the files with LWMviewer & TBH it all looks a bit of a mess. I even decompiled a couple of bgls to see if there was an errant shoreline in the area, but didn't come up with anything.

I would try an earlier version of the scenery instead, I think I have downloads of a 2012 & a 2015 DEI by Maskrider?

Or maybe someone has had some success with this & can share their knowledge...

Library Staff
    My Monakawari scenery is displaying correctly with Rhumba's water masks activated. I had a look at the readme file for the 2019 DEI scenery and it appears Chris neglected to mention the Rhumba water masks. I tested the scenery and consolidated the AFD entries for him at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    My Monakawari scenery is displaying correctly with Rhumba's water masks activated. I had a look at the readme file for the 2019 DEI scenery and it appears Chris neglected to mention the Rhumba water masks. I tested the scenery and consolidated the AFD entries for him at the time.
    Howdy Kdriver,

I also have Rhumba's water masks turned on as well (and I triple checked how I had them installed too), but what I see is still in the first screenshot. I figure I am missing a texture or two somewhere, but I don't know what or where.

Browncoat

Agreed - I see the same. For what it's worth, MR's DEI 2015 displayes just fine for me

I no longer have MR 2015 DEI. I probably dumped it years ago when the 2019 version was released. I'm glad to read that it works. I wonder what the differences are between the 20125 version and the 2019 version.

Fixed it!

I used BGLanalyse & a lot of trial & error, comparing contents with MR DEI2015 etc.

It seems a texture might have been mis-named in the bgl.

I just copied 061h2su1o.bmp & renamed it 061h2su2o.bmp. Now everything displays as it should.

Add the texture in this zip & it should correct the green squares experienced at Manokwari.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MR_DEI_Monakwari_fixed.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for this fix UT.

Library Staff
    Thanks John for finding the culprit - well done!

It looks like Chris gave me the textures when I tested his scenery but didn't include all three of them in the download.

I'll amend the DEI 2019 package but here they are in the mean time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Perhaps there was a reason why Chris did not include the three files in the download – maybe he realised that two of them were not necessary for the scenery to work properly, and simply forgot to include the one file that was necessary.

Also, I note that the file in John’s update in post 10 is different from the file with the same name in Kevin’s fix in post 13.

I think that I am going to stick with John’s update . . .

Rohan

To be fair, my bitmap is a guess, it's just a copy of

061h2su1o renamed as 061h2su2o, as I didn't have the files Kev has.

Maskriders DEI2019 calls for both. I guess Chris also made 061h2su6o but never used it during construction. Kevin's just sharing the files he received

Members who have read this thread: 45