Bad Zwischenahn FS9

Thread: Bad Zwischenahn FS9

Bad Zwischenahn FS9

Its a bit quiet here these days, so i figured i'd throw something out to play with---

Bad Zwischenahn. about 5 miles west of Oldenburg, fighter/night fighter airfield, also testing ground for Me163 Komet

While researching Oldenburg, i had a look around on google earth, noticed a golf course that looked suspiciously like an ex airfield, and
    it happend to be Bad Zwischenahn

If you have my recent Oldenburg scenery installed, you should have no problems

Most of the objects built by myself, but you wil need these--
    MAIW Global Scenery Library Objects (FS9) will be needed from the file library at https://militaryaiworks.com
    Its only the trees im using in this scenery, so if you dont want to install these objects, its no big deal,
    but i also have an Oldenburg 57 in the pipeline, when it was an RAF station during the 50's, and i use much more
    MAIW objects for that version
    Wofi Library Objects.zip (converted to FS9 by Desert Rat),
    and you should have installed the UT-Library object pack i uploaded last year, thanks again to
    UncleTgt for letting me plunder these. both found in the SOH library
    Thanks to Shessi for the figure's and the JU88 night fighter

Alternative ground poly provided for Golden Wings user's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bz2.jpg   bz1.jpg  
    Last edited by kdriver; January 24th, 2024 at 08:24.

Bad Zwischenahn

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Scenery

Description: Bad Zwischenahn Luftwaffe airfield NW Germany, see read-me for details

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Bad Zwischenahn
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.
    Last edited by kdriver; January 24th, 2024 at 08:25.

Icon4

Ian, I hate to tell you this but it's Bad ZwischeNahn not ZwischerRahn...

Many thanks all the same, I now have a decent airfield to use my JG400 Me163s!

Cheers

Shessi

Thanks Ian . I have installed it yesterday evening, but haven't found the time to upload some screenshots. But lovely scenery again. I like the buildings in the "Heimatschutzstil" and I also found a bunker.

Don't worry about the name. I was able to find it, so no problem. (And if I can find it, you can assume everybody can!)

But as always you have the "rivet counters" who need to comment on everything

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon4

FFS Huub, grow up...

Have you a problem or something. It's not rivet counting, it's the proper name, it's not Rahn it's Nahn, your name isn't Vank it's Vink.

It would take nothing to pull it rename the bits and re-upload.

And Ian may want to know and get it right.

S

Icon14

As before, many thanks Ian.

Cheers

Shessi

Come on boys, play nice, there's not many of us left, and thanks for your kind comments

Funnily enough, i did check the spelling just before i uploaded, and still cocked it up but ill let it go, i dought there's any forum members from that town. Besides, Im really pumped about the "Master's of the air" mini series on Apple+ (bought a subscription as an Xmas pressi to myself just for that)
    So i think thats where im heading next.
    Good tip, ive been checking out Cees Donkers old 8th airforce airfields from way back, they still look pretty sharp if you want to do some 8th flying before i get any more done

No worries Ian, I can't imagine Shessi didn't realise I was just teasing him (that is why I used this emoticon==>). And we both know each other long (and good) enough to know we are both not exactly rivet counters.

Oh and by the way; My wife kept calling me Ruud on our first dates. I didn't mind, I still married her. (and we are still married now).

And here the promised screenshots.......

Cheers,
    Huub

Bad Zwischenahn FS9

Good evening Ian,

thank you for this scenery.What concererns Bad Zwischenahn or Zwischenrahn - I classify this under "errare humanum est"
    The main thing is that you did again a fine scenery for us, especially fs9.
    I just made a "Rundflug" or "Platzrunde" with my Flettner Fl 282 to explore your new scenery.
    Verdict: well done
    As today it is a Golf place, imagine a certain D.T. playing golf there and suddenly a Me 163 makes a low pass with full power.
    Sad that the germans dump all their historic places down.
    Thank to you they continue to live
    Best regards
    Yours
    Michael Vader

As Michael says,now a golf course,but has a small grass light aircraft strip at one end.
    Interesting reading here:

https://www.forgottenairfields.com/a...enahn-343.html

Members who have read this thread: 25