RVH Martin139 WH-3 reimagined UT

Thread: RVH Martin139 WH-3 reimagined UT

RVH Martin139 WH-3 reimagined UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Other

Description: Martin 139 WH-3 by UncleTgt

This is a revision of the old Martin 139 developed for CFS 2 by Pakayan & Sandydog. Because of the extensive nature of the revisions I've decided to upload as a complete aircraft for ease of installation.

This started out as an exercise in improving my G-Max skills. The model has been revised extensively. It's been demirrored & remapped. I added an interior & replaced the original crew figures with revised versions of Dave Garwood's Avro Anson crew figures. Much of the original model was discarded or changed in some way, for instance I adapted the wings & nacelles from Paul Clawson's B10, then changed the wingsweep for the Model 139/166 used by the Dutch. I added wing fillets, the fuselage nose shape was changed etc.

The 30 cal guns are new, as are the canopies, which are animated. The default flying condition is with the rear canopy open, pilot's canopy closed with the 30 cal deployed, ready for action...the AI aircraft will appear this way.

I added a few details to the cockpit interior. The prop disk has some depth to it, like Akemi modelled his prop disks.

The front canopy opens/closes using the canopy command.

The rear canopy closes operating the tailhook. The 30 cal stows away & the canopy closes. The real thing opened like an umbrella, but the geometry defeated me, so I've reverted to a simple up/down rear canopy animation.

The bomb-bay doors open/close with the Slats key ("D")

The airfile was thoroughly revised to give believable performance in speed, range & ceiling. It could still be improved though...

The dp file makes use of my Dutch, British & early war USAAC bombs

I added a VC to match the existing 2D panel, & created a simple bombsight window.

The textures supplied are:

M-597 Aircraft used by 1VLG, KNIL. Shot down over Penang, 1st January 1942

M-556 Aircraft used by 3VLG, KNIL & abandoned at Singapore, 15th February 1942

M-5108 Aircraft used by 3VLG, KNIL & shotdown over Kalidjati 3rd March 1942

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to

Pakayan & Paul Clawson for their original FS2000/2002 aircraft
    Shessi & Allen for answering my noob questions regarding G-Max.
    Dave Garwood for the use of his Anson crewmen.
    A big thank you to Allen for his model tutorial, & DOSmdlc_v2 tools.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt
    JAN 2024

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RVH Martin139 WH-3 reimagined UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Many many thanks "uncle" !!!

hertzie

This looks really great; thank you UncleTgt.

msfossey

Very nice airplane, John, thank you!

Thanks for the unique aircraft Uncle. This fills a gap in my hanger.

Yea!

Great revision. Thanks for this.

Members who have read this thread: 13